This biggest question heading into the release of Don Williams’ And So It Goes was what would change in Don’s sound after an 8-year hiatus from recording, 18 years after last working with long-time producer Garth Fundis, a quasi-retirement, and an induction into the Country Music Hall of Fame? Well the answer is positively nothing, and that’s what makes And So It Goes such a treasure.
Though Americana may be a less-institutionalized and much smaller genre that tends to have better music and promote artists that are easier to respect, sometimes it can seem almost as exclusive as Music Row. So here is a list of artists that even considering Americana’s heavy requirements, could make it big and improve the Americana world if only given a chance.
Support SCM and start
your Amazon shopping here
- Charlie Robison Pens Epic Response to Gary Overton’s “You Don’t Exist” Quote on
- Whitey Morgan’s New Studio Album “Sonic Ranch” Coming on
- Really? Steel Magnolia’s Meghan Linsey to Try Out for ‘The Voice’? on
- Why the Country Radio Format Split Should Be the Focus of CRS on
- Bobby Bones Calls Aaron Watson “Disrespectful to Women” on