- Charlie Daniels Releases New Album "Off The Grid: Doin' It Dylan"
- New Rodney Crowell Song "Fever on the Bayou"
- Martina McBride, 'Everlasting': Exclusive Album Premiere
- The Washington Post Features Sturgill Simpson
- Hear Mary Sarah And Merle Haggard Sing "Fightin' Side Of Me"
- NPR: Folk Singer Willie Watson Previews His New Album
- World's Largest Banjo Public Sculpture "Banjo of the East" Announced
- Parker Millsap Plays One for Relix Magazine
- Watch Gregg Allman Scorch 'Midnight Rider' With Vince Gill, Zac Brown
- New Radney Foster "Who's Heart You Wreck"
- 20 Charges Added in South By Southwest Fatal Crash
- Leon Russell Shares His Favorite Musical Memories
- ASCAP and BMI enter first of its kind collaboration
- Why Bro-Country and Nu-Metal are the exact same thing
- Stream Carlene Carter's Album "Carter Girl"
- The Infamous Stringdusters Release "Let It Go"
- A letter to a young songwriter, from Mary Gauthier
- Jon Langford Releases New Album "Here Be Monsters"
- Facebook Launches Lab To Bring Internet Everywhere
- Not Sure I'd Call It a Tour, But the Cast of "Nashville" is Playing Some Live Dates
- Willie Watson Performs "Mexican Cowboy" on Prarie Home Companion
Texas country music legend James Hand will be releasing his brand new studio album Mighty Lonesome Man on October 16th. The 12-track album will include all original material, and contributions from an All-Star cast of Austin, TX’s country music talent. It will be released digitally, and on CD and vinyl, with the CD exclusively offering two bonus tracks, including a cover of Johnny Cash’s “Get Rhythm”. There is also a Collector’s Edition that will include a Mighty Lonesome Man t-shirt, poster, and guitar pick, along with both vinyl and CD copies of the album.
Contributors to Mighty Lonesome Man include Earl Poole Ball, aka “Mr. Honky Tonk Piano” who played with Johnny Cash for over 20 years, played on Gram Parsons Safe At Home, and has played with a grocery list of other country music greats, including Merle Haggard, Marty Robbins, and Marty Stuart.
Other contributors include Will Indian, Speedy Sparks (of Doug Sahm’s Texas Tornadoes), steel guitar player and Grammy award winner Cindy Cashdollar, fiddlers Bobby Flores and Alvin Crow, and Beth Chrisman of The Carper Family.
James Hand recorded the album this spring at Summit Street Studios in Austin, and has a busy year ahead of him. He will be headlining Friday night at The Muddy Roots Festival August 31st in Cookeville, TN, where word is a few advanced copies of Mighty Lonesome Man might be available. He is starring in an upcoming film Thank You A Lot about a music agent whose forced to sign his reclusive, legendary father.
Hand has released four previous studio albums, all to critical acclaim including his last two, Truth Will Set You Free and Shadow On The Ground, both on Rounder Records. Mighty Lonesome Man will be Hand’s first album with Austin-based Hillgrass Bluebilly Records. The cover photos were taken by CC Ekstrom of Almost Out Of Gas, with layout provided by J Anderson of prettygoodposters.com.
Mighty Lonesome Man track List:
- Mighty Lonesome Man
- Years I’ve Been Loving You
- Lesson In Depression
- Please Me When You Can
- The Drought
- Old Man Henry
- Now Not Later
- My Witness
- Wish You Would Kiss Me
- You Almost Fell
- Favorite Fool
- You Were With Me Then
- Get Rhythm
- You’re An Angel
Support SCM and start
your Amazon shopping here
- Trigger on Johnny Cash’s “Out Among The Stars” Tops Charts at #1
- Trigger on 16 Great Sons & Daughters of Country Music Greats
- Guy Nix on 16 Great Sons & Daughters of Country Music Greats
- Eric on Johnny Cash’s “Out Among The Stars” Tops Charts at #1
- Dean Miller on 16 Great Sons & Daughters of Country Music Greats