- If You Missed It: First Aid Kit on Fallon
- Good News: Motley Crue Country Tribute Album Delayed
- Amazon Launches Prime Music Streaming Service
- 1927 Bristol Sessions revisited by Dolly Parton, Marty Stuart, Steve Martin and more
- Web Exclusive of Kacey Musgraves on Fallon
- NPR's KCRW Releases In Studio First Aid Kit Performance
- Kelley Mickwee of The Trishas New Song, New Album Coming
- National Geographic Features Pictures from New Photo Exhibit
- 'Ghost Brothers' tour lives again, in new markets
- New Country Awards Show Replacing Old One on FOX
- Video premiere: Dex Romweber Duo's 'Roll On'
- Justin Townes Earle to Release New Album 'Single Mothers' Sept. 9th (updated)
- Bluegrass Legend Ralph Stanley: 'Iím Just As Fresh As I Was 100 Years Ago'
- Miranda Lambert Hits No. 1 with "Platinum" Album
- House Panel To Hear Testimony On Media Ownership Rules Today
- Nicki Bluhm and The Gramblers Bring Taste of California to Nashville
- Video Premiere for Otis Gibbs "Ghosts Of Our Fathers"
- Big Machine, Cox Media Group Sign Direct Licensing Deal
- Walls St. Journal Features Producer Dave Cobb (Sturgill, Isbell)
- Songwriter Don Devaney Passes
- Song Premiere: Dom Flemons, "San Francisco Baby"
Texas country music legend James Hand will be releasing his brand new studio album Mighty Lonesome Man on October 16th. The 12-track album will include all original material, and contributions from an All-Star cast of Austin, TX’s country music talent. It will be released digitally, and on CD and vinyl, with the CD exclusively offering two bonus tracks, including a cover of Johnny Cash’s “Get Rhythm”. There is also a Collector’s Edition that will include a Mighty Lonesome Man t-shirt, poster, and guitar pick, along with both vinyl and CD copies of the album.
Contributors to Mighty Lonesome Man include Earl Poole Ball, aka “Mr. Honky Tonk Piano” who played with Johnny Cash for over 20 years, played on Gram Parsons Safe At Home, and has played with a grocery list of other country music greats, including Merle Haggard, Marty Robbins, and Marty Stuart.
Other contributors include Will Indian, Speedy Sparks (of Doug Sahm’s Texas Tornadoes), steel guitar player and Grammy award winner Cindy Cashdollar, fiddlers Bobby Flores and Alvin Crow, and Beth Chrisman of The Carper Family.
James Hand recorded the album this spring at Summit Street Studios in Austin, and has a busy year ahead of him. He will be headlining Friday night at The Muddy Roots Festival August 31st in Cookeville, TN, where word is a few advanced copies of Mighty Lonesome Man might be available. He is starring in an upcoming film Thank You A Lot about a music agent whose forced to sign his reclusive, legendary father.
Hand has released four previous studio albums, all to critical acclaim including his last two, Truth Will Set You Free and Shadow On The Ground, both on Rounder Records. Mighty Lonesome Man will be Hand’s first album with Austin-based Hillgrass Bluebilly Records. The cover photos were taken by CC Ekstrom of Almost Out Of Gas, with layout provided by J Anderson of prettygoodposters.com.
Mighty Lonesome Man track List:
- Mighty Lonesome Man
- Years I’ve Been Loving You
- Lesson In Depression
- Please Me When You Can
- The Drought
- Old Man Henry
- Now Not Later
- My Witness
- Wish You Would Kiss Me
- You Almost Fell
- Favorite Fool
- You Were With Me Then
- Get Rhythm
- You’re An Angel
- BwareDWare94 on Song Review – “The Trailer Song” By Kacey Musgraves
- Michael on Song Review – “The Trailer Song” By Kacey Musgraves
- TheCheapSeats on Song Review – “The Trailer Song” By Kacey Musgraves
- Zach m on New Hank Williams “I Saw The Light” Biopic Coming
- Jdsray on Mattie Breaux of CMT’s “Party Down South” Wanted By Police