- Garth Brooks Now Earns No. 1 Album In All Of Music
- New Video For Holly Williams "The Highway"
- Garth Brooks announces 2014 world tour
- Nerdist Podcast with Lindi Ortega
- New Video for Ha Ha Tonka's "Dead to the World"
- New Unheard Johnny Cash album to be released next spring
- Best Music Books of 2013
- Willie Nelson's Glof Course Is Up For Sale
- Study: America's culture economy is doomed
- New Kacey Musgraves Video for "Follow Your Arrow"
- Sturgill Simpson Taping Episode of the Marty Stuart Show
- Music Stars Open Earl Scruggs Center January 11
- Reports That Ray Price Is In Final Stages of Pancreatic Cancer
- If You Missed It: Garth Brooks' Live Las Vegas Special
- Where Indie Artists Are Making Most of Their Money
- Zac Brown Band Releases "The Grohl Sessions"
- Sarah Jarosz Plays Tiny Desk Concert
- Earl Scruggs Center nearing completion
- CMT Edge Features Jonny Fritz's 'Hush My Babe'
- The Milk Carton Kids Featured on American Songwriter
- New Video For Stevie Tombstone's "Would You Die For Love"
Texas country music legend James Hand will be releasing his brand new studio album Mighty Lonesome Man on October 16th. The 12-track album will include all original material, and contributions from an All-Star cast of Austin, TX’s country music talent. It will be released digitally, and on CD and vinyl, with the CD exclusively offering two bonus tracks, including a cover of Johnny Cash’s “Get Rhythm”. There is also a Collector’s Edition that will include a Mighty Lonesome Man t-shirt, poster, and guitar pick, along with both vinyl and CD copies of the album.
Contributors to Mighty Lonesome Man include Earl Poole Ball, aka “Mr. Honky Tonk Piano” who played with Johnny Cash for over 20 years, played on Gram Parsons Safe At Home, and has played with a grocery list of other country music greats, including Merle Haggard, Marty Robbins, and Marty Stuart.
Other contributors include Will Indian, Speedy Sparks (of Doug Sahm’s Texas Tornadoes), steel guitar player and Grammy award winner Cindy Cashdollar, fiddlers Bobby Flores and Alvin Crow, and Beth Chrisman of The Carper Family.
James Hand recorded the album this spring at Summit Street Studios in Austin, and has a busy year ahead of him. He will be headlining Friday night at The Muddy Roots Festival August 31st in Cookeville, TN, where word is a few advanced copies of Mighty Lonesome Man might be available. He is starring in an upcoming film Thank You A Lot about a music agent whose forced to sign his reclusive, legendary father.
Hand has released four previous studio albums, all to critical acclaim including his last two, Truth Will Set You Free and Shadow On The Ground, both on Rounder Records. Mighty Lonesome Man will be Hand’s first album with Austin-based Hillgrass Bluebilly Records. The cover photos were taken by CC Ekstrom of Almost Out Of Gas, with layout provided by J Anderson of prettygoodposters.com.
Mighty Lonesome Man track List:
- Mighty Lonesome Man
- Years I’ve Been Loving You
- Lesson In Depression
- Please Me When You Can
- The Drought
- Old Man Henry
- Now Not Later
- My Witness
- Wish You Would Kiss Me
- You Almost Fell
- Favorite Fool
- You Were With Me Then
- Get Rhythm
- You’re An Angel
Support SCM and start
your Amazon shopping here
- Karen on Saving Country Music’s 2013 ACA Awards LIVE Blog
- Scotty J on Saving Country Music’s 2013 ACA Awards LIVE Blog
- Scotty J on LeAnn Rimes Redeems ACA Awards with Patsy Cline Tribute
- Trigger on LeAnn Rimes Redeems ACA Awards with Patsy Cline Tribute
- Tim on Saving Country Music’s 2013 ACA Awards LIVE Blog