- New Scott H. Biram Video for "Slow and Easy"
- Engine 145 Interviews Ray Benson
- JD Wilkes Has New Book on Kentucky Jamborees and Barn Dances
- Emmylou Harris, Vince Gill, more throw 'All For The Hall' guitar pull
- Spotify Acquires The Echo Nest, Gaining Control Of The Music DNA Company That Powers Its Rivals
- Strange But True: Music Doesn't Make Some People Happy
- Chuck Mead Releases New Album "Free State Serenade"
- Nikki Lane Goes 'All or Nothin' on New Album
- David Nail Releases New Album "I'm A Fire"
- Ain't Looking Good for American Idol
- Lydia Loveless to Tour with Old 97's
- L.A. photo exhibit focuses on country music's heroes
- City Paper sale and censorship reverberate from Manhattan to Austin
- Warner Music Begins Auctioning Off Assets to Indies Following Parlophone Acquisition
- The Palomino Club: North Hollywood's Grand Ole Opry West
- Larry and His Flask, Scott Biram, and Whiskey Shivers on Tour
- Grantland Features the Drive By Truckers
- Hank Locklin to Be Inducted Into Alabama Music Hall of Fame
- Bob Wayne's "Back to the Camper" out 4.16
- Interview with Rachael Price of Lake Street Dive
- Funny: Eric Church are Willie and Waylon?
Texas country music legend James Hand will be releasing his brand new studio album Mighty Lonesome Man on October 16th. The 12-track album will include all original material, and contributions from an All-Star cast of Austin, TX’s country music talent. It will be released digitally, and on CD and vinyl, with the CD exclusively offering two bonus tracks, including a cover of Johnny Cash’s “Get Rhythm”. There is also a Collector’s Edition that will include a Mighty Lonesome Man t-shirt, poster, and guitar pick, along with both vinyl and CD copies of the album.
Contributors to Mighty Lonesome Man include Earl Poole Ball, aka “Mr. Honky Tonk Piano” who played with Johnny Cash for over 20 years, played on Gram Parsons Safe At Home, and has played with a grocery list of other country music greats, including Merle Haggard, Marty Robbins, and Marty Stuart.
Other contributors include Will Indian, Speedy Sparks (of Doug Sahm’s Texas Tornadoes), steel guitar player and Grammy award winner Cindy Cashdollar, fiddlers Bobby Flores and Alvin Crow, and Beth Chrisman of The Carper Family.
James Hand recorded the album this spring at Summit Street Studios in Austin, and has a busy year ahead of him. He will be headlining Friday night at The Muddy Roots Festival August 31st in Cookeville, TN, where word is a few advanced copies of Mighty Lonesome Man might be available. He is starring in an upcoming film Thank You A Lot about a music agent whose forced to sign his reclusive, legendary father.
Hand has released four previous studio albums, all to critical acclaim including his last two, Truth Will Set You Free and Shadow On The Ground, both on Rounder Records. Mighty Lonesome Man will be Hand’s first album with Austin-based Hillgrass Bluebilly Records. The cover photos were taken by CC Ekstrom of Almost Out Of Gas, with layout provided by J Anderson of prettygoodposters.com.
Mighty Lonesome Man track List:
- Mighty Lonesome Man
- Years I’ve Been Loving You
- Lesson In Depression
- Please Me When You Can
- The Drought
- Old Man Henry
- Now Not Later
- My Witness
- Wish You Would Kiss Me
- You Almost Fell
- Favorite Fool
- You Were With Me Then
- Get Rhythm
- You’re An Angel
Support SCM and start
your Amazon shopping here
- Trigger on 10 Badass Billy Joe Shaver Moments
- luckyoldsun on 10 Badass Billy Joe Shaver Moments
- Synthetic Paper on Dierks Bentley’s “Riser” (Review & Giveaway)
- goldencountry on Marty Stuart Takes His Country Music Artifacts Seriously
- Trigger on Bobby Bones Takes Over DC, Now Has 60 Stations & 60 Million Listeners