- The Guardian's 10 Best Albums incl. Sturgill, Tami Neilson, Jason Eady
- Hear Unreleased Joe Ely and Linda Ronstadt duet "Where Is My Love"
- If You Missed It: Willie Nelson and Billy Joe Shaver on Letterman
- 2015 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees
- Titles from Willie, Hank Williams, Bob Wills Headed to Grammy Hall of Fame
- Hear New Joe Pug Song "If Still It Can Be Found"
- Houston Press: Is Country Music Ready For Sturgill Simpson?
- Blitzen Trapper Releases Free Live Album
- Eric Church's "The Outsiders" Goes Platinum
- Fatal South by Southwest Crash Brings First Wave of Lawsuits
- New Song from Cody Canada and the Departed "Easy"
- New York Times Runs Obituary on Outlaw Lawyer Neil Reshen
- Country Weekly's Top 10 Albums Incl. Sturgill, Old Crow, Billy Joe Shaver
- Nashville Scene Rips Into American Country Countdown Awards
- Ardent Studios Founder John Fry Dies at 69
- Windowing New Music May Not Goose Sales, Study Shows
- Engineer and Producer John Hampton Dies
- Famous Nashville Backup Singer Millie Kirkham Dies at 91
- Proof How Much The Music Industry Has Changed In The Last Ten Years
- NY Times' Jon Caramanica's Top 10 Albums Includes Sturgill Simpson
- New Video for Lee Ann Womack "The Way I'm Livin'"
On Monday April 12th, The Americana Music Association announced the nominees for their 2014 Americana Music Awards to be held September 17th at the Ryman Auditorium as part of their annual Americana Music Conference. The ceremony was emceed by performer and Sirius XM DJ Elizabeth Cook, and was simulcast on Sirius XM and streamed on Music City Roots.
The announcement ceremony started off with Jim Lauderdale and Buddy Miller playing a song off of Lauderdale’s upcoming album. Then 2014 Americana Emerging Artist nominees Valerie June, Parker Milsap, and Hurray For The Riff Raff all performed two songs each before the names of the nominees were rattled off. Executive director Jed Hilly also spoke, telling the small crowd assembled how Americana membership has doubled in the last 18 months, and the announcement ceremony was closed out with Elizabeth Cook performing with Buddy Miller.
This years crop of nominees sees a lot of new faces and younger names compared to the usual crop of nominees from the not-for-profit organization.
Artist of the Year
- Rosanne Cash
- Rodney Crowell
- Robert Ellis
- Jason Isbell
Album of the Year
- Sarah Jarosz – Build Me Up From Bones
- Robert Ellis – Lights From The Chemical Plant
- Jason Isbell – Southeastern
- Rosanne Cash – The River & The Thread
Song of the Year
- Jason Isbell – “Cover Me Up”
- Rosanne Cash – “A Feather’s Not A Bird
- Robert Ellis – “Only Lies”
- Patty Griffin - “Ohio”
Duo/Group of the Year
- The Avett Brothers
- Devil Makes Three
- Milk Carton Kids
- Lake Street Dive
- Hard Working Americans
Emerging Artist of the Year
- Hurry For The Riff Raff
- Parker Milsap
- St Paul & The Broken Bones
- Sturgill Simpson
- Valerie June
Instrumentalist of the Year
- Larry Campbell
- Brian Sutton
- Buddy Miller
- Fats Kaplin
23 Comments to “2014 Americana Music Awards Nominees Announced”
Leave a comment
Support SCM and start
your Amazon shopping here