- If You Missed It: First Aid Kit on Fallon
- Good News: Motley Crue Country Tribute Album Delayed
- Amazon Launches Prime Music Streaming Service
- 1927 Bristol Sessions revisited by Dolly Parton, Marty Stuart, Steve Martin and more
- Web Exclusive of Kacey Musgraves on Fallon
- NPR's KCRW Releases In Studio First Aid Kit Performance
- Kelley Mickwee of The Trishas New Song, New Album Coming
- National Geographic Features Pictures from New Photo Exhibit
- 'Ghost Brothers' tour lives again, in new markets
- New Country Awards Show Replacing Old One on FOX
- Video premiere: Dex Romweber Duo's 'Roll On'
- Justin Townes Earle to Release New Album 'Single Mothers' Sept. 9th (updated)
- Bluegrass Legend Ralph Stanley: 'Iím Just As Fresh As I Was 100 Years Ago'
- Miranda Lambert Hits No. 1 with "Platinum" Album
- House Panel To Hear Testimony On Media Ownership Rules Today
- Nicki Bluhm and The Gramblers Bring Taste of California to Nashville
- Video Premiere for Otis Gibbs "Ghosts Of Our Fathers"
- Big Machine, Cox Media Group Sign Direct Licensing Deal
- Walls St. Journal Features Producer Dave Cobb (Sturgill, Isbell)
- Songwriter Don Devaney Passes
- Song Premiere: Dom Flemons, "San Francisco Baby"
Legendary country music songwriter Billy Don Burns, who over his 40 year career has written songs for Willie Nelson, Connie Smith, Sammy Kershaw, and many others has partnered up with Rusty Knuckles Records and will be releasing a new album this summer, Nights When I’m Sober (The Portrait of a Honky Tonk Singer), tentatively set for a July 10th release.
“This kid from South Carolina, Aaron Rodgers, ran me down and told me he was a big fan and wanted to produce a new CD on me.” Billy recently told Outlaw Magazine. “We did that and I am proud of it and I think it is one of my best ones.”
Rusty Knuckles, the home of acts like Hellbound Glory, Jay Berndt, and Ronnie Hymes found it hard to say no when a call from Billy Don came in. “What happens when you get a phone call by an underground legend whose songs have been recorded by individuals such as Willie Nelson and produced albums by Merle Haggard, Tanya Tucker and Johnny Paycheck? Here is what we did, we asked Billy Don Burns to join the team and allow us to release his next album.”
Billy Don Burns produced both a gospel album and a live album for Johnny Paycheck in the late 80′s, both that remain unreleased in one of the many story lines where Billy Don is rubbing elbows with big names and on the right side of real music.
In March, as Hellbound Glory was touring through North Carolina, Rusty Knuckles assembled their version of the Million Dollar Quartet, calling up Billy Don and Ronnie Hymes for a Barn Party Jam Session in Raleigh. Rumor has it some video was taken from the session that will be released in the future.
Stay tuned for more info on Nights When I’m Sober.
13 Comments to “Billy Don Burns to Release “Nights When I’m Sober””
Leave a comment
- Don on Song Review – “The Trailer Song” By Kacey Musgraves
- markf on Congress Weighs Whether to Allow Even More Media Consolidation
- Albert on Song Review – “The Trailer Song” By Kacey Musgraves
- Zen on Taylor Swift Is Leaving Country. But Will Country Let Her?
- Matsfan on Song Review – “The Trailer Song” By Kacey Musgraves