- Marty Stuart: Keeper Of Country Music's Cowboy Couture
- Willie Watson on NPR's Mountain Stage
- Fader Interviews Lucinda Williams
- Chuck Mead on NPR's Mountain Stage
- Apple Reportedly In Talks with Majors for Cheaper Music
- Ricky Skaggs, Sharon White Release New Album "Hearts Like Ours"
- If You Missed It: Lucinda Williams on Fallon 9-30
- SXSW Probably Isn't Going Anywhere – But Big Changes Loom
- Revisiting Cowboy Jack Clement, Country Music's Jester and King
- Audiobook Review: Tom T. Hall "The Storyteller's Nashville"
- Mac Wiseman Featured in The Wall St Journal
- Live Nation Moving Off of Music Row
- After SiriusXM Success, The Turtles Take on Pandora
- American Songwriter reviews new Sons of Bill album
- Cool Music Photos from New "Still Moving" Picture Book
- The Telegraph "Sturgill Simpson: Space Cowboy"
- Jambands Reviews Cory Branan's "No Hit Wonder"
- Zoe Muth at WAMU's Bluegrass Country
- A night in the life of Austin City Limits ringleader Terry Lickona
- Review: Sturgill Simpson At Leaf Cafe, Liverpool, UK
- Can the people Nashville hopes to attract afford to move to Nashville?
Last night Outlaw Radio Chicago interviewed Bob Wayne who dropped a few very tantalizing nuggets about some upcoming tours he will be involved in. Wayne, who is currently bivouacked at Andy Gibson’s house near Nashville helping him do some recording, remarked on plans to tour opening for the Northwest-based bands The Supersuckers and Zeke in November. The tour would head down the West Coast, and then possibly head towards Texas.
Then in January there are plans for Bob Wayne to head out with The .357 String Band, but not as two separate bands. The .357 String Band WOULD BE Bob Wayne’s backing band, or the de facto Outlaw Carnies! Now if that combo isn’t enough to get your music weenie vibrating, check your pulse. No definite word on where that tour might be, but it would probably involve the Midwest.
Keep your eyes on these band’s MySpace sites for confirmations of these tours and specific dates.
Bob Wayne also dropped a few other good nuggets about his recording plans, upcoming projects (duet w/ Rachel Brooke?), as well as his three wives. So if you want to listen to the full interview go to savingcountrymusic.com/outlaw-radio and find episode 64. All Outlaw Radio episodes are archived there, and the show can be heard every Tuesday night at 9 PM Central at punkandbeansradio.com.
6 Comments to “Bob Wayne to Tour w/ Zeke, Supersuckers, .357”
Leave a comment
Support SCM and start
your Amazon shopping here
- Eric on Rodney Crowell Sounds Off On Pick of Tom Hiddleston to Play Hank Williams
- sarah on Review – Carrie Underwood’s “Something In The Water”
- Karen on Review – Carrie Underwood’s “Something In The Water”
- Melissa on A Meow Mix Commercial Speaks To Bro-Country’s Critical Mass
- Kay Williams on 2014 Country Music Hall of Fame Picks & Prognostications