- The Darrell Brothers Offer a Dramatic Reading of Luke Bryan
- Engine 145: Ronnie Milsap Looks Back on New Album
- Music festivals see big opportunity in country music
- 'True Detective' music: 10 other great songs by the Handsome Family
- Tim Wilson, comedian and country artist, dies of heart attack
- Johnny Cash Museum reflects legend's charm
- Pop Matters Features Lydia Loveless
- Oklahoma Gazette Features Hellbound Glory
- New York Times: Trying to Save Merle Haggard's Boxcar Home
- Bill Monroe and Tammy Wynette May Get New Postage Stamps
- How Thirty Tigers Is Beating Competition with Only a 30 Percent Cut
- Roger Alan Wade Bears His Soul
- Album premiere: Chuck Mead's 'Free State Serenade'
- Clinch Mountain Boy Celebrates 20 Years with Ralph Stanley
- "Push and Shove" Video from My Graveyard Jaw
- Get an exclusive first look at Jolie Holland's new record, "Wine Dark Sea"
- Live review: Lucinda Williams remains unmatched at Echoplex
- Country's Super Sized Stars Downsize for European Success
- Bobby Bare Jr.'s Swaggering 'North of Alabama by Mornin''
- Interview with Rachael Price of Lake Street Dive
- Stream New Drive By Truckers Album "English Oceans"
Last night Outlaw Radio Chicago interviewed Bob Wayne who dropped a few very tantalizing nuggets about some upcoming tours he will be involved in. Wayne, who is currently bivouacked at Andy Gibson’s house near Nashville helping him do some recording, remarked on plans to tour opening for the Northwest-based bands The Supersuckers and Zeke in November. The tour would head down the West Coast, and then possibly head towards Texas.
Then in January there are plans for Bob Wayne to head out with The .357 String Band, but not as two separate bands. The .357 String Band WOULD BE Bob Wayne’s backing band, or the de facto Outlaw Carnies! Now if that combo isn’t enough to get your music weenie vibrating, check your pulse. No definite word on where that tour might be, but it would probably involve the Midwest.
Keep your eyes on these band’s MySpace sites for confirmations of these tours and specific dates.
Bob Wayne also dropped a few other good nuggets about his recording plans, upcoming projects (duet w/ Rachel Brooke?), as well as his three wives. So if you want to listen to the full interview go to savingcountrymusic.com/outlaw-radio and find episode 64. All Outlaw Radio episodes are archived there, and the show can be heard every Tuesday night at 9 PM Central at punkandbeansradio.com.
6 Comments to “Bob Wayne to Tour w/ Zeke, Supersuckers, .357”
Leave a comment
- the pistolero on Tim McGraw’s “Lookin For That Girl” (A Rant)
- Gaahl on EDM Replacing Rap As The Scourge of Country Radio
- Seth Putnam on EDM Replacing Rap As The Scourge of Country Radio
- olajean on Josh Abbott Admits to Infidelity, Asks For Forgiveness
- Trigger on “Achy Breaky 2″ Becomes A Big Hit Because It’s So Bad