- If You Missed It: First Aid Kit on Fallon
- Good News: Motley Crue Country Tribute Album Delayed
- Amazon Launches Prime Music Streaming Service
- 1927 Bristol Sessions revisited by Dolly Parton, Marty Stuart, Steve Martin and more
- Web Exclusive of Kacey Musgraves on Fallon
- NPR's KCRW Releases In Studio First Aid Kit Performance
- Kelley Mickwee of The Trishas New Song, New Album Coming
- National Geographic Features Pictures from New Photo Exhibit
- 'Ghost Brothers' tour lives again, in new markets
- New Country Awards Show Replacing Old One on FOX
- Video premiere: Dex Romweber Duo's 'Roll On'
- Justin Townes Earle to Release New Album 'Single Mothers' Sept. 9th (updated)
- Bluegrass Legend Ralph Stanley: 'Iím Just As Fresh As I Was 100 Years Ago'
- Miranda Lambert Hits No. 1 with "Platinum" Album
- House Panel To Hear Testimony On Media Ownership Rules Today
- Nicki Bluhm and The Gramblers Bring Taste of California to Nashville
- Video Premiere for Otis Gibbs "Ghosts Of Our Fathers"
- Big Machine, Cox Media Group Sign Direct Licensing Deal
- Walls St. Journal Features Producer Dave Cobb (Sturgill, Isbell)
- Songwriter Don Devaney Passes
- Song Premiere: Dom Flemons, "San Francisco Baby"
Last night Outlaw Radio Chicago interviewed Bob Wayne who dropped a few very tantalizing nuggets about some upcoming tours he will be involved in. Wayne, who is currently bivouacked at Andy Gibson’s house near Nashville helping him do some recording, remarked on plans to tour opening for the Northwest-based bands The Supersuckers and Zeke in November. The tour would head down the West Coast, and then possibly head towards Texas.
Then in January there are plans for Bob Wayne to head out with The .357 String Band, but not as two separate bands. The .357 String Band WOULD BE Bob Wayne’s backing band, or the de facto Outlaw Carnies! Now if that combo isn’t enough to get your music weenie vibrating, check your pulse. No definite word on where that tour might be, but it would probably involve the Midwest.
Keep your eyes on these band’s MySpace sites for confirmations of these tours and specific dates.
Bob Wayne also dropped a few other good nuggets about his recording plans, upcoming projects (duet w/ Rachel Brooke?), as well as his three wives. So if you want to listen to the full interview go to savingcountrymusic.com/outlaw-radio and find episode 64. All Outlaw Radio episodes are archived there, and the show can be heard every Tuesday night at 9 PM Central at punkandbeansradio.com.
6 Comments to “Bob Wayne to Tour w/ Zeke, Supersuckers, .357”
Leave a comment
- Bear on Big Smo Show Could Be Hick Hop’s Backdoor to the Mainstream
- Drew on Song Review – “The Trailer Song” By Kacey Musgraves
- Bear on New American Roots Category Being Added to Grammys
- dan_ga on Big Smo Show Could Be Hick Hop’s Backdoor to the Mainstream
- Karen on Taylor Swift Is Leaving Country. But Will Country Let Her?