- The Guardian's 10 Best Albums incl. Sturgill, Tami Neilson, Jason Eady
- Hear Unreleased Joe Ely and Linda Ronstadt duet "Where Is My Love"
- If You Missed It: Willie Nelson and Billy Joe Shaver on Letterman
- NPR Tiny Desk Concert with Lucinda Williams
- Titles from Willie, Hank Williams, Bob Wills Headed to Grammy Hall of Fame
- Hear New Joe Pug Song "If Still It Can Be Found"
- Houston Press: Is Country Music Ready For Sturgill Simpson?
- Blitzen Trapper Releases Free Live Album
- Chip Young, Legendary Nashville Session Guitarist and Producer, Dies at 76
- Fatal South by Southwest Crash Brings First Wave of Lawsuits
- New Song from Cody Canada and the Departed "Easy"
- Flaco Jimenez to receive Lifetime Grammy Award
- Original Grateful Dead Manager Rock Scully Dead at 73
- Nashville Scene Rips Into American Country Countdown Awards
- Ardent Studios Founder John Fry Dies at 69
- Windowing New Music May Not Goose Sales, Study Shows
- Engineer and Producer John Hampton Dies
- Willie Nelson and Sister Bobbie Talk "December Day"
- Proof How Much The Music Industry Has Changed In The Last Ten Years
- NY Times' Jon Caramanica's Top 10 Albums Includes Sturgill Simpson
- Galleywinter's Favorites of 2014
***UPDATE (12-5-13 2:00 PM CST): Ray Lawrence Jr. daughter has been found after being missing for 12 days.
“THANK YOU to all the people who have posted and shared and got the word out,” says Ray “Anna is safe and alive. Your prayers, support and love was a great comfort to me and my family members. It has been a long couple of weeks for us all. Anna is back home and she is safe. May many blessings come to all of you. I will NEVER forget your kindness and love. THANK YOU!!!”
“On behalf of my entire family we would like to thank each and everyone one of you for sharing this page. For your many prayers and concern for Rayanna. We are happy to report that Anna has returned and she is safe. Our prayers have been answered. So thank you so much for all you did in helping us find Anna. Out of respect for my niece I will keep her experiences private. She has been through alot and would like her privacy. We are just thankful she is back and safe. We love her very much. Thank you. Rhonda”
- – - – - – - – - – -
Country music songwriter and performer Ray Lawrence Jr. who gained recognition when Hank Williams III included two of Ray’s songs on his 2011 album Ghost to a Ghost has a daughter who has been missing since November 23rd in the Phoenix area.
Rayanna Lynette Lawrence, aka “Anna” is 14-years-old female, with a date-of-birth of September 2nd, 1999, and stands 4’11″ tall with blue eyes. She is considered an endangered runaway and was last seen in the Phoenix, AZ area. Anybody who has seen Anna or may have information about her whereabouts is asked to contact the Phoenix Police Department at (602) 262-7626.
“I never thought in a million years I would be posting about one of my kids missing,” Ray Lawrence Jr. posted on Facebook. “Hurt is an understatement. Damn these tears I need to post. I now know what it feels like to not know where a child is or if she is alive. If she just ran away looking for attention or if she was kidnapped or even worse. When it is your child it goes to a whole new level and the emotion is very high.”
Anna is considered a troubled youth who potentially ran away, and foul play is not suspected at the moment, making it a low priority for authorities to find the missing girl. However this is no consolation for Ray Lawrence Jr. and his family who have no guarantee Anna is not in danger, or isn’t being held against her will. “Just another runaway kid,” says Ray. “This is what I will hear a lot of. If my daughter had been kidnapped it would be a different story. There are many children missing and to me every damned one is important.”
9 Comments to “Daughter of Country Songwriter Ray Lawrence Jr. Missing – FOUND”
Leave a comment
Support SCM and start
your Amazon shopping here