- Music Row's Studio A likely to be saved
- Willie Watson on NPR's Mountain Stage
- Fader Interviews Lucinda Williams
- Chuck Mead on NPR's Mountain Stage
- Apple Reportedly In Talks with Majors for Cheaper Music
- Backstage Pass: Enjoy a Bit of Bradford Lee Folk Lore
- If You Missed It: Lucinda Williams on Fallon 9-30
- SXSW Probably Isn't Going Anywhere – But Big Changes Loom
- Revisiting Cowboy Jack Clement, Country Music's Jester and King
- Audiobook Review: Tom T. Hall "The Storyteller's Nashville"
- Mac Wiseman Featured in The Wall St Journal
- Live Nation Moving Off of Music Row
- After SiriusXM Success, The Turtles Take on Pandora
- American Songwriter reviews new Sons of Bill album
- Cool Music Photos from New "Still Moving" Picture Book
- The Telegraph "Sturgill Simpson: Space Cowboy"
- Jambands Reviews Cory Branan's "No Hit Wonder"
- Zoe Muth at WAMU's Bluegrass Country
- A night in the life of Austin City Limits ringleader Terry Lickona
- Review: Sturgill Simpson At Leaf Cafe, Liverpool, UK
- Can the people Nashville hopes to attract afford to move to Nashville?
- Jun 16 2009 8:00P
Headliners Louisville, Kentucky
Jun 17 2009 8:00P
Bogartâ€™s Cincinnati, Ohio
Jun 19 2009 8:00P
V Club Huntington, West Virginia
Jun 20 2009 8:00P
Altar Bar Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Jun 21 2009 8:00P
Town Ballroom Buffalo, New York
Jun 23 2009 8:00P
Toadâ€™s Place New Haven, Connecticut
Jun 24 2009 8:00P
Music Hall Brooklyn, New York
Jun 26 2009 8:00P
Lupoâ€™s Providence, Rhode Island
Jun 27 2009 8:00P
TLA Philly, Pennsylvania
Jun 28 2009 8:00P
Chameleon Club Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Jun 30 2009 8:00P
930 Club Washington D.C., Washington DC
Jul 1 2009 8:00P
National Richmond, Virginia
Jul 3 2009 8:00P
Lincoln Theater Raleigh, North Carolina
Jul 4 2009 8:00P
Amos Charlotte, North Carolina
Jul 5 2009 8:00P
Shoreline Hilton Head, North Carolina
Jul 7 2009 8:00P
Music Farm Charleston, South Carolina
Jul 8 2009 8:00P
Masquerade Atlanta, Georgia
Opening for at least some of the dates will be Lucky Tubb.
As always for Hank III, tour dates are NEVER confirmed until you see them on his website. For whatever reason, there always seems to be drama surrounding Hank III’s tour dates. For as many tour lineups and tour dates I’ve seen for him that have been correct, there have been just as many that are incorrect once the official tour is announced, so don’t believe venue websites or heavy metal gossip columns.
And having said that:
One of the biggest questions I get from people is: “Is Hank III ever going to tour Europe?”
My stock answer is always, “Well he hates flying,” which mainly comes from this promo video at 3:10 :
Hank III did play some in Europe before in the late 90′s, when Curb Records was making him jump through hoops, like playing in Branson, MO every night for a stint, but he hasn’t been back since. At the same time, it seems like every other underground/outlaw country band is going to Europe once or twice a year.
Well according to THIS WEBSITE under the “Programma” section, Hank III is playing there.
But what did I JUST say above ????
That’s right, it don’t mean JACK until it is listed on Hank III.com.
But I feel for all my Euro friends and readers out there. A Hank III European tour is way past due, and I think if it ever went down it would be a rousing success with the huge support Europe gives to American roots music.
I have my fingers crossed for you Europe!!!
2 Comments to “Hank III East Coast Tour!! (& Europe ??)”
Leave a comment
Support SCM and start
your Amazon shopping here
- ElectricOutcast on 35 Artists More Deserving of an Opry Invitation Before Little Big Town
- JC Eldredge on 35 Artists More Deserving of an Opry Invitation Before Little Big Town
- Enjoy Every Sandwich on 35 Artists More Deserving of an Opry Invitation Before Little Big Town
- Kev on 35 Artists More Deserving of an Opry Invitation Before Little Big Town
- Daniel on 35 Artists More Deserving of an Opry Invitation Before Little Big Town