- The Darrell Brothers Offer a Dramatic Reading of Luke Bryan
- Engine 145: Ronnie Milsap Looks Back on New Album
- Music festivals see big opportunity in country music
- 'True Detective' music: 10 other great songs by the Handsome Family
- Tim Wilson, comedian and country artist, dies of heart attack
- Johnny Cash Museum reflects legend's charm
- Pop Matters Features Lydia Loveless
- Oklahoma Gazette Features Hellbound Glory
- New York Times: Trying to Save Merle Haggard's Boxcar Home
- Bill Monroe and Tammy Wynette May Get New Postage Stamps
- How Thirty Tigers Is Beating Competition with Only a 30 Percent Cut
- Roger Alan Wade Bears His Soul
- Album premiere: Chuck Mead's 'Free State Serenade'
- Clinch Mountain Boy Celebrates 20 Years with Ralph Stanley
- "Push and Shove" Video from My Graveyard Jaw
- Get an exclusive first look at Jolie Holland's new record, "Wine Dark Sea"
- Live review: Lucinda Williams remains unmatched at Echoplex
- Country's Super Sized Stars Downsize for European Success
- Bobby Bare Jr.'s Swaggering 'North of Alabama by Mornin''
- Interview with Rachael Price of Lake Street Dive
- Stream New Drive By Truckers Album "English Oceans"
The birthday of the King of Country Music is coming up on Thursday (Sept. 17th), and to commemorate it I am running a contest. The winner will get a spanking new copy of the three disc set Hank Williams: The Unreleased Recordings. No kidding! The winner will also get a bumper sticker from Big G’s Texas Roadshow!
All you have to do to enter the contest is leave a RELEVANT comment on one of this week’s articles on savingcountrymusic.com. By week I mean 5-14 to 5-19, and by relevant I mean you can’t just spam out comments, it has to say something about or reference the article you’re commenting on. BUT you can enter as many times as you want. The winner will be picked randomly by me, the benevolent dictator of the Hank Williams birthday contest.
Yes, I’ve been begging for more comments on the website, and now I’m outright bribing you. Like I’ve said before, the best part about my articles is what happens in the comment section, at least on MySpace. And I would love to see that same dynamic situation on the website as well.
Also, the It Burns When I Pee podcast has a “Hank Williams Birthday Special” episode posted HERE. I’m actually waiting till Thursday to listen. Don’t want to spoil the party by unwrapping all the presents too early.
A HUGE thanks goes out to Ty for ponying up the Hank set!
And stay tuned for my own Hank Williams birthday offering!
12 Comments to “Hank Williams Birthday Contest !”
Leave a comment
- Adrian on EDM Replacing Rap As The Scourge of Country Radio
- the pistolero on Tim McGraw’s “Lookin For That Girl” (A Rant)
- Gaahl on EDM Replacing Rap As The Scourge of Country Radio
- Seth Putnam on EDM Replacing Rap As The Scourge of Country Radio
- olajean on Josh Abbott Admits to Infidelity, Asks For Forgiveness