- The Nashville Scene Interviews Marty Stuart
- New Video for Hurray For The Riff Raff's "The Body Electric"
- Glen Campbell and the country stars staring death in the face
- The Kentucky Headhunters' 'Pickin' On Nashville' Turns 25
- Paul Craft, Songwriters Hall of Famer, dies at age 76
- Aaron Watson Releases New Song "That Look"
- If You Missed It: Shakey Graves on Conan
- Lester Flatt's Hometown Honors him with Historical Marker
- Eddie Angel w/ JD McPherson "Hillbilly Blues"
- Wall Street Journal Features Angaleena Presley's New Album
- Lee Ann Womack Interviewed by the Nashville Scene
- New Tanya Tucker Exhibit Coming to Country Music Hall of Fame
- JD McPherson Releasing 4 Song EP, Listen to One Track
- New Video for Ags Connolly "When Country Was Proud"
- International Bluegrass Music Association Director Resigns
- Another Nashville Landmark in Trouble
- Country Comedy Legend Ray Stevens Recalls Early Days in 'Nashville'
- Opry star Stringbean Akeman's killer gets parole
- Video: The Gibson Brothers from Bluegrass Underground
- How Max Martin Has Become The Secret Man Behind Taylor Swift (that quotes SCM)
- Black Flag Founder Greg Ginn Accused of Abusing His Daughters
The grandson of Hank Williams, Hank Williams III, aka Hank3, is not happy with the casting of English actor Tom Hiddleston in the upcoming biopic about his grandfather. The new retrospective called I Saw The Light will be based off of the Colin Escott biography of Hank’s life, and directed and written by Marc Abraham, an American film producer known for such movies as Spy Game and most recently The Man With The Iron Fists. Production of the film is set to start in Louisiana in October.
In a story initially run by TMZ, the entertainment news organization said succinctly,
“Hank Williams III tells TMZ … producers cookin’ up a Hank biopic blew it when they cast British actor Tom Hiddleston to play the legendary country crooner. Hiddleston’s best known for his role as Loki in “The Avengers.” Hank3 says producers should have cast Matthew McConaughey as Hank because Matt represents the South both in movies and real life. Hank3 singles out ‘The Dallas Buyers Club’ to prove Matt has the acting chops to get the job done well.”
As Far the Age factor a lot of folks are talking about Matthew is to old for this role.. Keep this in mind. Most folks that Look at Hank sr, Cant believe he was only 29. Meaning that he looked way way way older then he was. So that in its self shoots down the aspects of having clean crisp young actor to play this role. Hank Williams was a very old soul. Inside and out…And having a more a seasoned actor well in my eyes would only make it a better movie. I want someone to play Sr who is actually born as real Southern American that has some heritage in the blood and could possibly Identify with the role on a more personal note. I’m not part of the Hank Williams Estate so I have nothing to gain or loose, All that money is for Hank Jr and Jett Williams. It would be nice to see a well made movie on him since the last one was hacked apart by Audrey pretty much.
You know if this movie doesn’t do it right on down the road another one will. Cause that’s the gift Hank Williams will always have is being TimeLess!
Hank Williams Sr life was shortened by a death A doctor with a fake license.
Hank Williams was playing Rock N roll before Rock N Roll was and was doing Doom before Doom was even a genre with his Luke The drifter records.
Shelton Hank Williams III aka HANK3
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - -
Previously Hank3 also posted:
As far as alot of the TMZ Comments go. A> Yes My WHole Name is Shelton Hank Williams III. B> Yes I said A American actor should play Hank Sr out of respects to the heritage and Family. C> WHy Is wanting a American to play the role being Racist? D. As far as people Sayin Matthew is to old to play Hank sr since he is 45…Dont froget Hank Sr looked way way way Older then 29….The Headline Should of said Hank3 wishes they Would of Used American Actor Matthew McConaughey to keep traditional roots alive in new Hank Sr Movie. Leave it to TMZ To Take a positive and turn it into a negative.
51 Comments to “Hank Williams III Criticizes Casting of Grandfather in Biopic”
Leave a comment
Support SCM and start
your Amazon shopping here
- nathan38401 on New Music from Jamey Johnson “Coming Soon”
- nathan38401 on Jukely Could Bring Subscription Dilemma to Live Music
- Sam Jimenez on Jukely Could Bring Subscription Dilemma to Live Music
- B-willy on Florida Georgia Line’s Response to Tom Petty: “U Think We Care?”
- Curt on Blake Shelton Calls Classic Country Fans “Old Farts” & “Jackasses”