- New Don Williams Video for "Healing Hands"
- Hear Unreleased Joe Ely and Linda Ronstadt duet "Where Is My Love"
- Sturgill Simpson No. 2 in USA Today's Top 2014 Albums
- 2015 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees
- Titles from Willie, Hank Williams, Bob Wills Headed to Grammy Hall of Fame
- Hear New Joe Pug Song "If Still It Can Be Found"
- NPR Folk Alley's Top 10 Folk And Americana Albums Of 2014
- Blitzen Trapper Releases Free Live Album
- Eric Church's "The Outsiders" Goes Platinum
- Music Blog Wondering Sound Cuts Operations
- New Song from Cody Canada and the Departed "Easy"
- New York Times Runs Obituary on Outlaw Lawyer Neil Reshen
- Country Weekly's Top 10 Albums Incl. Sturgill, Old Crow, Billy Joe Shaver
- Nashville Scene Rips Into American Country Countdown Awards
- Ray Price's Widow Shares Thoughts on Country Legend's Life
- The 20 Unhappiest People You Meet In The Comments Sections Of Year End Lists
- Engineer and Producer John Hampton Dies
- Famous Nashville Backup Singer Millie Kirkham Dies at 91
- Proof How Much The Music Industry Has Changed In The Last Ten Years
- NY Times' Jon Caramanica's Top 10 Albums Includes Sturgill Simpson
- New Video for Lee Ann Womack "The Way I'm Livin'"
Just announced through Hank Williams III’s website, the grandson of Hank Williams and the son of Hank Jr.’s next album will be called Brothers of the 4X4. The album will contain 16 tracks, and be released on Hank3′s own record label distributed by Megaforce Records. The release will also be accompanied by a “hellbilly/punk” album called A Fiendish Threat that will include 13 tracks. No word on a release date or supporting tour dates as of yet, but the master tapes for both albums have been turned into the distribution company.
In early March, Hank3 release this statement:
I’m workin as hard as I can and as fast as I can to finish two records up. Right now I’m 25 songs deep in writin’ while playin’ guitar, singin’, doin’ my own drum tracks, then recording the other players. After that comes mixin’ it, master’n it, the artwork…Once all that is done it’ll be turned in. One is a country record…I’m not really sayin’ anything about the other record…As it looks right now, hopefully we can be on the road by May…
Hank Williams III has been on extended touring hiatus after his drummer Shawn “McNasty” Williams had surgery to repair a rotator cuff, reattach his bicep tendon, and remove bone spurs. In January McWilliams said, “The green light was real close” in regards to his physical therapy regiment and recovery. “This has been the hardest thing I’ve ever had to go through,” McWilliams said, “I can not wait to start playing.”
Please check back as a release date, cover art, track list, and more information becomes available.
29 Comments to “Hank3 to Release New Album “Brothers of the 4X4″”
Leave a comment
Support SCM and start
your Amazon shopping here
- Todd Lowe on Tom Petty Slams Modern Country As “Bad Rock with a Fiddle”
- matt on Abysmal Ratings for the American Country Countdown Awards
- AX10 on Abysmal Ratings for the American Country Countdown Awards
- marc on Mo Pitney Reveals Great Promise with “Country” Single
- Applejack on The Big Lessons of Sturgill Simpson’s Success