- The Guardian's 10 Best Albums incl. Sturgill, Tami Neilson, Jason Eady
- New Video for American Aquarium's "Wolves"
- Singer Joe Cocker Dies at 70
- NPR Tiny Desk Concert with Lucinda Williams
- The Mavericks' Robert Reynolds Fired for Drug Addiction
- Hear New Joe Pug Song "If Still It Can Be Found"
- Houston Press: Is Country Music Ready For Sturgill Simpson?
- American Songwriter's Writer of the Week is Joshua Black Wilkins
- Chip Young, Legendary Nashville Session Guitarist and Producer, Dies at 76
- Legendary Nashville Venue "The Basement" to Open 2nd Location
- New Song from Cody Canada and the Departed "Easy"
- Flaco Jimenez to receive Lifetime Grammy Award
- Original Grateful Dead Manager Rock Scully Dead at 73
- Nashville Scene Rips Into American Country Countdown Awards
- Ardent Studios Founder John Fry Dies at 69
- Windowing New Music May Not Goose Sales, Study Shows
- Engineer and Producer John Hampton Dies
- Willie Nelson and Sister Bobbie Talk "December Day"
- Proof How Much The Music Industry Has Changed In The Last Ten Years
- NY Times' Jon Caramanica's Top 10 Albums Includes Sturgill Simpson
- Galleywinter's Favorites of 2014
Hank Williams III will release his new country album Brothers of the 4X4 on October 1st, 2013. The release will be a double album of 16 total tracks, and will be accompanied by a punk album release called A Fiendish Threat. Album artwork and track lists:
Brothers of the 4X4-CD 1-
1) Nearly Gone 2) Hurtin’ For Certin 3) Brothers of the 4×4
4) Farthest Away 5) Held Up 6) Outdoor Plan 7) Deep Scars
8)Lookey Yonder Commin 9) Ain’t Broken Down
11) Loners 4 Life 12) Dreadfull Drive
1) Getting Dim 2) Possum in a Tree 3) Broken Boogie 4) Toothpickin
7) Face Down 8) New Identity 9) Feel the Sting 10) Fight My Way 11) Full On 12) Your Floor 13) A Fiendish Threat
From the press release:The king of hellbilly, Mr. HANK3 himself, is pleased to announce a triple-threat of new releases, hitting stores October 1, 2013. HANK3 will release a brand new DOUBLE country album, entitled Brothers of the 4×4, and a single punk album, entitled A Fiendish Threat, with his new project “3”. Brothers of the 4×4 will also be available as a single LP vinyl version, and A Fiendish Threat will be available as a double LP vinyl version.Recording in his own home and releasing music on his own label, the Megaforce distributed HANK3 Records, allowed Williams complete creative control during the four month period it took to make both records.Besides living the songs subject matter first, HANK3 sang and played both guitar and drums on the records. As if pulling triple duty wasn’t enough, he engineered, produced, mixed and mastered all the tunes as well. Not bad for someone who in his own words is dyslexic and has ADD, ccording to HANK3 “my mind is all over the place”. But even a man talented and driven enough to do (count ‘em) seven jobs at once has his limits, so HANK3 has once again assembled a top-notch ensemble of pickers and pluckers for Brothers Of The 4×4 and A Fiendish Threat.The required stand-up bass holds the low end down at the deft hands of Zach Shedd, with David McElfresh and Billy Contreras whipping razor sharp bows across the fiddle. Daniel Mason handles banjo, with a special guest appearance on “Possum In A Tree” by former National Old-Time Banjo Champion Leroy Troy working his banjo in the old school clawhammer style, while Andy Gibson wrings the sweetest of notes out his stand up steel guitar. Finally, long-time collaborator and fellow multi-instrumentalist extraordinaire Johnny Hiland rips his chicken pickin’ guitar to feathers and shreds.
HANK3‘s latest country record is just that- country, and the realness of it shines throughout the record like moonlight hitting a mason jar of corn liquor- it ain’t always the smoothest, and it doesn’t come wrapped in a fancy package, but it’s 100% pure whoop-ass in a bottle that gets the job done quicker and better and reminds you of where you originally came from once you figure out what just hit you. On “Outdoor Plan” he sings of fishing and hunting as a way of life, and it’s a fact that more than one deer and turkey has met its maker at the end of HANK3’s gun’s barrel. The title track, “Brothers of the 4×4″ celebrates the wide open full throttle love of off roadin’ and rootin’ in a four wheel drive- the cover of the record shows Williams mud bogging in a custom 4×4, and it’s not some redneck rental- that’s his ride. And because life ain’t always happy, when the heartbreak and hard times cracks through the sonic celebration on songs like “Loners 4 Life” and “Ain’t Broken Down”, it’s because HANK3 is well acquainted with the darker side of life, and not as some tourist. The album is a rich and gritty sounding mixture of sadness, pride, hope- in other words, it’s a great country record.
As mentioned above, HANK3 will head out on a headline tour of select major markets on August 24th. The tour will kick off in Austin, TX at The Austin Bat Fest, and will tour several cities, coming to a close on September 8th in Atlanta, GA at The Masquerade.
HANK3 Tour Dates:
- 8/24 Austin, TX @ The Austin Bat Fest
- 8/25 Ft. Worth, TX @ Rail Club
- 8/26 Tulsa, OK @ Cain’s Ballroom
- 8/27 Lawrence (KC), MO @ Granada
- 8/29 Sauget, IL @ Pops
- 8/30 Ft. Wayne, IN @ Pierre’s
- 8/31 Flint, MI @ Machine Shop
- 9/1 Indianapolis, IN @ The Vogue
- 9/2 Pittsburgh, PA @ Alter
- 9/4 Lancaster, PA @ The Chameleon
- 9/5 Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
- 9/6 Richmond, VA @ National
- 9/7 Charlotte, NC @ Amos Southend
- 9/8 Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
25 Comments to “Hank3′s “Brothers of the 4X4″ to be Released October 1st”
Leave a comment
Support SCM and start
your Amazon shopping here