- The Guardian's 10 Best Albums incl. Sturgill, Tami Neilson, Jason Eady
- New Video for American Aquarium's "Wolves"
- Singer Joe Cocker Dies at 70
- NPR Tiny Desk Concert with Lucinda Williams
- The Mavericks' Robert Reynolds Fired for Drug Addiction
- Hear New Joe Pug Song "If Still It Can Be Found"
- Houston Press: Is Country Music Ready For Sturgill Simpson?
- Blitzen Trapper Releases Free Live Album
- Chip Young, Legendary Nashville Session Guitarist and Producer, Dies at 76
- Fatal South by Southwest Crash Brings First Wave of Lawsuits
- New Song from Cody Canada and the Departed "Easy"
- Flaco Jimenez to receive Lifetime Grammy Award
- Original Grateful Dead Manager Rock Scully Dead at 73
- Nashville Scene Rips Into American Country Countdown Awards
- Ardent Studios Founder John Fry Dies at 69
- Windowing New Music May Not Goose Sales, Study Shows
- Engineer and Producer John Hampton Dies
- Willie Nelson and Sister Bobbie Talk "December Day"
- Proof How Much The Music Industry Has Changed In The Last Ten Years
- NY Times' Jon Caramanica's Top 10 Albums Includes Sturgill Simpson
- Galleywinter's Favorites of 2014
Holly Williams, daughter of Hank Williams Jr. and half sister of Hank Williams III, signed the petition to Reinstate Hank Williams into the Grand Ole Opry after a show in Paradiso, Amsterdam earlier this week. After playing a set that included the Hank Sr. songs “I Saw The Light” and “I’m so Lonesome I Could Cry,” Holly was approached by Reinstate Hank lieutenant Restless in Amsterdam who asked her to sign. Holly’s new husband and backing musician Chris Coleman signed as well.
Though not a big commercial success, Holly’s latest album Here With Me has had some critical acclaim, with The Boot naming it the #3 album of 2009, and The 9513.com calling it the #96 album of the decade.
Aside from Hank III who began the movement to Reinstate Hank, Holly is the only other direct blood relation to Hank Sr. to sign the petition. Hank Jr. has not signed, but recently after appearing at The Opry on January 8th, Hank Jr. sent Hank III a text message saying “I’m done with the Opry.” Hank III had been pleading with his father not to make the appearance to protest The Opry’s stance on not reinstating Hank Sr. Holly performed at The Opry on January 8th as well.
20 Comments to “Holly Williams Signs Reinstate Hank Petition”
Leave a comment
Support SCM and start
your Amazon shopping here