- Music Row's Studio A likely to be saved
- Willie Watson on NPR's Mountain Stage
- Fader Interviews Lucinda Williams
- Chuck Mead on NPR's Mountain Stage
- Apple Reportedly In Talks with Majors for Cheaper Music
- Backstage Pass: Enjoy a Bit of Bradford Lee Folk Lore
- If You Missed It: Lucinda Williams on Fallon 9-30
- SXSW Probably Isn't Going Anywhere Ė But Big Changes Loom
- Revisiting Cowboy Jack Clement, Country Music's Jester and King
- Audiobook Review: Tom T. Hall "The Storyteller's Nashville"
- Mac Wiseman Featured in The Wall St Journal
- Live Nation Moving Off of Music Row
- After SiriusXM Success, The Turtles Take on Pandora
- American Songwriter reviews new Sons of Bill album
- Cool Music Photos from New "Still Moving" Picture Book
- The Telegraph "Sturgill Simpson: Space Cowboy"
- Jambands Reviews Cory Branan's "No Hit Wonder"
- Zoe Muth at WAMU's Bluegrass Country
- A night in the life of Austin City Limits ringleader Terry Lickona
- Review: Sturgill Simpson At Leaf Cafe, Liverpool, UK
- Can the people Nashville hopes to attract afford to move to Nashville?
2012 will go down as the year that the roots music revolution went transcontinental, as the Muddy Roots Festival heads over to the Old World to storm the beaches of Europe with a ridiculous lineup of talent. Though the festival is happening in Europe, it will mostly feature American acts, similar to the lineup of the original American Muddy Roots Festival going down in Cookeville, TN August 31st-September 2nd, but a few European acts will be featured as well.
‚ÄúThe inspiration for doing a festival over there came from the fans,‚ÄĚ according to Muddy Roots promoter Jason Galaz. ‚ÄúWe had just as many people come to Muddy Roots from other countries as from Nashville. Seems like they deserve a party in their own back yard. You could say I got a ‚Äúcalling‚ÄĚ from the Good Lord to spread the Muddy Roots Gospel to every living creature.‚ÄĚ
The invasion will go down June 9th and 10th, at the Cowboy Up Steakhouse Saloon in Waardamme, Belgium. Please note this is the initial lineup. More bands will likely be added later, and other bands currently on the list could change.
- Wayne “The Train” Hancock (Sunday Headliner)
- Hillbilly Moon Explosion (Saturday Headliner)
- ¬†Lucky Tubb & The Modern Day Troubadours
- ¬†Bob Wayne & The Outlaw Carnies
- ¬†Jayke Orvis & The Broken Band
- ¬†Slim Cessna’s Auto Club
- ¬†The Hackensaw Boys
- ¬†James Hunnicutt
- ¬†Derek Dunn (formerly of .357 String Band)
- ¬†Molly Gene the Whoaman Band
- ¬†Reverend Deadeye
- ¬†Tom VandenAvond
- ¬†Heinrich XIII and the Devilgrass Pickers
- ¬†The Buckshots
- ¬†Tio Gringo
13 Comments to “Initial Lineup for 2012 Muddy Roots Festival Europe”
Leave a comment
Support SCM and start
your Amazon shopping here
- Eric on Review – Carrie Underwood’s “Something In The Water”
- Albert on Review – Carrie Underwood’s “Something In The Water”
- Golddust on 35 Artists More Deserving of an Opry Invitation Before Little Big Town
- hoptowntiger94 on 35 Artists More Deserving of an Opry Invitation Before Little Big Town
- Kevin on 35 Artists More Deserving of an Opry Invitation Before Little Big Town