- The Darrell Brothers Offer a Dramatic Reading of Luke Bryan
- Engine 145: Ronnie Milsap Looks Back on New Album
- Music festivals see big opportunity in country music
- 'True Detective' music: 10 other great songs by the Handsome Family
- Dierks Bentley: 'I don't want to talk about fluff'
- Rolling Stone Reviews Beck's "Morning Phase"
- Pop Matters Features Lydia Loveless
- Oklahoma Gazette Features Hellbound Glory
- New York Times: Trying to Save Merle Haggard's Boxcar Home
- Bill Monroe and Tammy Wynette May Get New Postage Stamps
- How Thirty Tigers Is Beating Competition with Only a 30 Percent Cut
- Roger Alan Wade Bears His Soul
- Album premiere: Chuck Mead's 'Free State Serenade'
- Clinch Mountain Boy Celebrates 20 Years with Ralph Stanley
- "Push and Shove" Video from My Graveyard Jaw
- Get an exclusive first look at Jolie Holland's new record, "Wine Dark Sea"
- Live review: Lucinda Williams remains unmatched at Echoplex
- Country's Super Sized Stars Downsize for European Success
- Bobby Bare Jr.'s Swaggering 'North of Alabama by Mornin''
- Interview with Rachael Price of Lake Street Dive
- Stream New Drive By Truckers Album "English Oceans"
2012 will go down as the year that the roots music revolution went transcontinental, as the Muddy Roots Festival heads over to the Old World to storm the beaches of Europe with a ridiculous lineup of talent. Though the festival is happening in Europe, it will mostly feature American acts, similar to the lineup of the original American Muddy Roots Festival going down in Cookeville, TN August 31st-September 2nd, but a few European acts will be featured as well.
“The inspiration for doing a festival over there came from the fans,” according to Muddy Roots promoter Jason Galaz. “We had just as many people come to Muddy Roots from other countries as from Nashville. Seems like they deserve a party in their own back yard. You could say I got a “calling” from the Good Lord to spread the Muddy Roots Gospel to every living creature.”
The invasion will go down June 9th and 10th, at the Cowboy Up Steakhouse Saloon in Waardamme, Belgium. Please note this is the initial lineup. More bands will likely be added later, and other bands currently on the list could change.
- Wayne “The Train” Hancock (Sunday Headliner)
- Hillbilly Moon Explosion (Saturday Headliner)
- Lucky Tubb & The Modern Day Troubadours
- Bob Wayne & The Outlaw Carnies
- Jayke Orvis & The Broken Band
- Slim Cessna’s Auto Club
- The Hackensaw Boys
- James Hunnicutt
- Derek Dunn (formerly of .357 String Band)
- Molly Gene the Whoaman Band
- Reverend Deadeye
- Tom VandenAvond
- Heinrich XIII and the Devilgrass Pickers
- The Buckshots
- Tio Gringo
13 Comments to “Initial Lineup for 2012 Muddy Roots Festival Europe”
Leave a comment
- Gaahl on EDM Replacing Rap As The Scourge of Country Radio
- Seth Putnam on EDM Replacing Rap As The Scourge of Country Radio
- olajean on Josh Abbott Admits to Infidelity, Asks For Forgiveness
- Trigger on “Achy Breaky 2″ Becomes A Big Hit Because It’s So Bad
- Eli Locke on Dierks Bentley’s “Riser” (Review & Giveaway)