- The Darrell Brothers Offer a Dramatic Reading of Luke Bryan
- Engine 145: Ronnie Milsap Looks Back on New Album
- Music festivals see big opportunity in country music
- 'True Detective' music: 10 other great songs by the Handsome Family
- Dierks Bentley: 'I don't want to talk about fluff'
- Rolling Stone Reviews Beck's "Morning Phase"
- Pop Matters Features Lydia Loveless
- Oklahoma Gazette Features Hellbound Glory
- New York Times: Trying to Save Merle Haggard's Boxcar Home
- Bill Monroe and Tammy Wynette May Get New Postage Stamps
- How Thirty Tigers Is Beating Competition with Only a 30 Percent Cut
- Roger Alan Wade Bears His Soul
- Album premiere: Chuck Mead's 'Free State Serenade'
- Clinch Mountain Boy Celebrates 20 Years with Ralph Stanley
- "Push and Shove" Video from My Graveyard Jaw
- Get an exclusive first look at Jolie Holland's new record, "Wine Dark Sea"
- Live review: Lucinda Williams remains unmatched at Echoplex
- Country's Super Sized Stars Downsize for European Success
- Bobby Bare Jr.'s Swaggering 'North of Alabama by Mornin''
- Interview with Rachael Price of Lake Street Dive
- Stream New Drive By Truckers Album "English Oceans"
(This story has been updated with a statement from Jason Aldean-see below)
You know, I normally would steer clear of stories like this. But the fact that every time I’ve headed down to the general store for provisions for the Saving Country Music hideout over the last month I’ve had Jason Aldean’s sparking photoshopped teeth whiter than the wind-driven snow starring back at me from a People Magazine cover story showcasing the country singer’s “softer, romantic side” and his “daddy skills,” I thought it would be apropos to point out that TMZ just caught Aldean red handed cheating on his wife.
Aldean, who was performing this weekend in Southern California was snapped at a prominent bar on the Sunset Strip holding onto the hips and kissing former “A.I.” show contestant Brittney Kerr right out in the open. As People Magazine points out, Aldean married his high school sweetheart Jessica Ussery in 2001, and they have two daughters, ages 9 and 5.
And I don’t want to hear anyone say this is the first “country” thing that Jason Aldean has ever done. True, cheating songs are a common theme in country music, but cheating is also against everyone’s values no matter where you’re from, or who you are. This incident is unfortunate, and I feel sorry for Aldean and his family that this information is being dealt with in the public eye, but what’s even more sickening is how the pop machine tried to sell this guy to us as a family man just this month, while millions of country music fans are looking up to him as the highest-selling star in the business right now.
I hope Jason Aldean and his family can work though this difficult time amicably, but I also hope that people realize what a sham they are sold regularly through popular media, on checkout stands, smattering the public airwaves in ridiculous entertainment shows, and on the internet. We all make mistakes, and don’t for a second look down your nose at Aldean and think you’re better. But that is why instead of painting idyllic scenes full of perfectitude that are inevitably going to let us down, the approach should be honesty.
Jason Aldean is up for Entertainer of the Year, Male Vocalist of the Year, and Single of the Year at the CMA Awards in a month, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the People Magazine cover story was part of a propaganda machine attempting to influence votes. Well see if this illumination of Alden’s true colors does any damage to his chances.
Jason Aldean released a statement Sunday night admitting to acting inappropriately, and apologizing to fans.
Hey Guys – I wanted to talk to you directly, so you were hearing the truth from me and not just reading allegations made about my personal life on gossip web sites.
The truth is that I screwed up. I had too much to drink, let the party get out of hand and acted inappropriately at a bar. I left alone, caught the bus to our next show and that’s the end of the story. I ultimately ended up embarrassing my family and myself. I’m not perfect, and I’m sorry for disappointing you guys.
I really appreciate being able to work through this privately with my family and for all your continued support.
63 Comments to “Jason Aldean Caught Cheating On Wife In LA – UPDATED”
Leave a comment
- Gaahl on EDM Replacing Rap As The Scourge of Country Radio
- Seth Putnam on EDM Replacing Rap As The Scourge of Country Radio
- olajean on Josh Abbott Admits to Infidelity, Asks For Forgiveness
- Trigger on “Achy Breaky 2″ Becomes A Big Hit Because It’s So Bad
- Eli Locke on Dierks Bentley’s “Riser” (Review & Giveaway)