- If You Missed It: First Aid Kit on Fallon
- Good News: Motley Crue Country Tribute Album Delayed
- Amazon Launches Prime Music Streaming Service
- 1927 Bristol Sessions revisited by Dolly Parton, Marty Stuart, Steve Martin and more
- Web Exclusive of Kacey Musgraves on Fallon
- NPR's KCRW Releases In Studio First Aid Kit Performance
- Kelley Mickwee of The Trishas New Song, New Album Coming
- National Geographic Features Pictures from New Photo Exhibit
- 'Ghost Brothers' tour lives again, in new markets
- New Country Awards Show Replacing Old One on FOX
- Video premiere: Dex Romweber Duo's 'Roll On'
- Justin Townes Earle to Release New Album 'Single Mothers' Sept. 9th (updated)
- Bluegrass Legend Ralph Stanley: 'I’m Just As Fresh As I Was 100 Years Ago'
- Miranda Lambert Hits No. 1 with "Platinum" Album
- House Panel To Hear Testimony On Media Ownership Rules Today
- Nicki Bluhm and The Gramblers Bring Taste of California to Nashville
- Video Premiere for Otis Gibbs "Ghosts Of Our Fathers"
- Willie Nelson Performs "Band of Brothers" on Letterman
- Walls St. Journal Features Producer Dave Cobb (Sturgill, Isbell)
- Songwriter Don Devaney Passes
- Song Premiere: Dom Flemons, "San Francisco Baby"
The nominations for the 45th Annual CMA Awards were announced this week, with one of the big winners being Jason Aldean, who is up for Entertainer of the Year, Male Vocalist of the Year, Album of the Year, and Single of the Year for his country rap song “Dirt Road Anthem”. If the voting falls in line with sales numbers, there’s a very good chance Aldean could virtually sweep the awards show. When talking to The Boot, Aldean seemed excited about the the nominations.
We’ve been to so many awards shows without me being up for anything, so to go to an awards show and be nominated, and in this case basically in most of the categories, it will be a whole different experience for me, a whole different thing to look forward to….In the past, we’ve gone to hang out and see everyone. This time it will be that, plus we might get to bring home an award or two. For me it’s a whole different excitement level and a whole different reason for being there.
But Jason Aldean seems quick to forget that less then a year ago, just before the 2010 CMA’s, he, along with prickly-haired Jay DeMarcus of Rascal Flatts was panning the CMA’s and their nomination process, calling it rigged. Jason Aldean told The Associated Press:
The average fan doesnâ€™t understand how all that stuff works and the industry probably doesnâ€™t want them to. Fans watch a show and they get all up in arms because their favorite artist wasnâ€™t nominated or didnâ€™t win an award they were nominated for. Bottom line is itâ€™s not based on anything, man. Itâ€™s based on who can rally the most troops for their guy, and sometimes this guy wins and sometimes that guy wins. Itâ€™s just kind of the way it all shakes down.
Huh. So it looks like Aldean’s views on the CMA’s have changed, now that he’s sitting on the brink of sweeping them off the strength of a rap country song. At the request from Saving Country Music to the Aldean camp to explain the sudden sea change in Aldean’s CMA stance, they sent over this video message they said would clarify everything:
33 Comments to “Jason Aldean Forgets CMA’s Are Rigged After Nominations”
Leave a comment
- Eric C. on Song Review – “The Trailer Song” By Kacey Musgraves
- the pistolero on Big Smo Show Could Be Hick Hop’s Backdoor to the Mainstream
- Albert on Song Review – “The Trailer Song” By Kacey Musgraves
- JonnyBoy23 on New Hank Williams “I Saw The Light” Biopic Coming
- PB on Song Review – “The Trailer Song” By Kacey Musgraves