- The Guardian's 10 Best Albums incl. Sturgill, Tami Neilson, Jason Eady
- Hear Unreleased Joe Ely and Linda Ronstadt duet "Where Is My Love"
- If You Missed It: Willie Nelson and Billy Joe Shaver on Letterman
- 2015 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees
- Titles from Willie, Hank Williams, Bob Wills Headed to Grammy Hall of Fame
- Hear New Joe Pug Song "If Still It Can Be Found"
- Houston Press: Is Country Music Ready For Sturgill Simpson?
- Blitzen Trapper Releases Free Live Album
- Eric Church's "The Outsiders" Goes Platinum
- Fatal South by Southwest Crash Brings First Wave of Lawsuits
- New Song from Cody Canada and the Departed "Easy"
- Flaco Jimenez to receive Lifetime Grammy Award
- Country Weekly's Top 10 Albums Incl. Sturgill, Old Crow, Billy Joe Shaver
- Nashville Scene Rips Into American Country Countdown Awards
- Ardent Studios Founder John Fry Dies at 69
- Windowing New Music May Not Goose Sales, Study Shows
- Engineer and Producer John Hampton Dies
- Famous Nashville Backup Singer Millie Kirkham Dies at 91
- Proof How Much The Music Industry Has Changed In The Last Ten Years
- NY Times' Jon Caramanica's Top 10 Albums Includes Sturgill Simpson
- Galleywinter's Favorites of 2014
A few years ago, the only thing really lacking from the independent/underground country and roots world was true festival infrastructure. Now with The Muddy Roots Festival heading into it’s 3rd year, Farmageddon Fest getting up and running this summer, things are looking up. And 2012 will be the first year that underground roots will be fully represented at one the largest and most-important gatherings of the music tribes in all of the world: Austin, TX’s Annual South by Southwest (SXSW) event in mid March.
Saving Country Music, along with Muddy Roots and Cracker Swamp have teamed up with Hillgrass Bluebilly‘s 5th Annual XSXSW showcase to create a two day, three stage event for the edification of the underground roots fan, and to help represent the independent roots community to the rest of the independent music world.
And unlike most of the rest of SXSW, there will be no need for armbands or badges that cost in the hundreds of dollars to gain access to the music, and the event is being held outside of the madness Austin’s downtown corridor becomes during the event, at The Austin Moose lodge just east of downtown. XSXSW 5 will give fans a chance to be a part of SXSW, without all the trappings that usually keep many locals and out-of-towners away. And this year’s event will also be extra special, as it will serve as a pre-release party for Texas legend James Hand‘s upcoming album.
Artists and fans from all over the country are coming to this event. Admission to see all of these great bands will be a measly $10, so get out to Texas and pony up! But in the event you cannot make it, portions of it will be broadcast right here on Saving Country Music, through SCM LIVE.
Many more details will be coming soon, so stay tuned to Saving Country Music.
Day 1 Lineup – Friday March 16th
- Possessed by Paul James’
- Soda Gardocki
- James Leg
- Farmer Barrett
- Husky Burnette
- Patrick’s Beard
- Run-On Sentence
Day 2 Saturday March 17th
- Sunday Valley
- James Hand
- Hellbound Glory
- Tom VandenAvond
- Hashknife Outfit
- Calamity Cubes
- Rachel Brooke
- Pearls Mahone
- Ruby Jane
17 Comments to “Lineup for 5th Annual XSXSW 2012 Announced”
Leave a comment
Support SCM and start
your Amazon shopping here
- Greg on Abysmal Ratings for the American Country Countdown Awards
- Six String Richie on Equal Time – The Best in Mainstream Country Music in 2014
- Kevin Tarlton on Saving Country Music’s Best Videos of 2014
- Summer Jam on Saving Country Music’s Best Videos of 2014
- Applejack on Saving Country Music’s Best Videos of 2014