- If You Missed It: First Aid Kit on Fallon
- Casey Kasem, Iconic Radio Host, Dies at 82
- Amazon Launches Prime Music Streaming Service
- 1927 Bristol Sessions revisited by Dolly Parton, Marty Stuart, Steve Martin and more
- Web Exclusive of Kacey Musgraves on Fallon
- NPR's KCRW Releases In Studio First Aid Kit Performance
- Kelley Mickwee of The Trishas New Song, New Album Coming
- National Geographic Features Pictures from New Photo Exhibit
- 'Ghost Brothers' tour lives again, in new markets
- New Country Awards Show Replacing Old One on FOX
- Video premiere: Dex Romweber Duo's 'Roll On'
- Justin Townes Earle to Release New Album 'Single Mothers' Sept. 9th (updated)
- Bluegrass Legend Ralph Stanley: 'Iím Just As Fresh As I Was 100 Years Ago'
- Miranda Lambert Hits No. 1 with "Platinum" Album
- House Panel To Hear Testimony On Media Ownership Rules Today
- Nicki Bluhm and The Gramblers Bring Taste of California to Nashville
- Video Premiere for Otis Gibbs "Ghosts Of Our Fathers"
- Big Machine, Cox Media Group Sign Direct Licensing Deal
- Walls St. Journal Features Producer Dave Cobb (Sturgill, Isbell)
- Songwriter Don Devaney Passes
- Song Premiere: Dom Flemons, "San Francisco Baby"
A few years ago, the only thing really lacking from the independent/underground country and roots world was true festival infrastructure. Now with The Muddy Roots Festival heading into it’s 3rd year, Farmageddon Fest getting up and running this summer, things are looking up. And 2012 will be the first year that underground roots will be fully represented at one the largest and most-important gatherings of the music tribes in all of the world: Austin, TX’s Annual South by Southwest (SXSW) event in mid March.
Saving Country Music, along with Muddy Roots and Cracker Swamp have teamed up with Hillgrass Bluebilly‘s 5th Annual XSXSW showcase to create a two day, three stage event for the edification of the underground roots fan, and to help represent the independent roots community to the rest of the independent music world.
And unlike most of the rest of SXSW, there will be no need for armbands or badges that cost in the hundreds of dollars to gain access to the music, and the event is being held outside of the madness Austin’s downtown corridor becomes during the event, at The Austin Moose lodge just east of downtown. XSXSW 5 will give fans a chance to be a part of SXSW, without all the trappings that usually keep many locals and out-of-towners away. And this year’s event will also be extra special, as it will serve as a pre-release party for Texas legend James Hand‘s upcoming album.
Artists and fans from all over the country are coming to this event.¬†Admission to see all of these great bands will be a measly $10, so get out to Texas and pony up! But in the event you cannot make it, portions of it will be broadcast right here on Saving Country Music, through SCM LIVE.
Many more details will be coming soon, so stay tuned to Saving Country Music.
Day 1 Lineup – Friday March 16th
- Possessed by Paul James’
- Soda Gardocki
- James Leg
- Farmer Barrett
- Husky Burnette
- Patrick’s Beard
- Run-On Sentence
Day 2 Saturday March 17th
- Sunday Valley
- James Hand
- Hellbound Glory
- Tom VandenAvond
- Hashknife Outfit
- Calamity Cubes
- Rachel Brooke
- Pearls Mahone
- Ruby Jane
17 Comments to “Lineup for 5th Annual XSXSW 2012 Announced”
Leave a comment
- Max on 10 Badass Waylon Jennings Moments
- Trigger on New Hank Williams “I Saw The Light” Biopic Coming
- Canuck on New Hank Williams “I Saw The Light” Biopic Coming
- s on Vintage Review- Marty Stuart’s ‘The Pilgrim’ 15 Years Later
- Yankee Rebel on Southern Accents Make a Comeback in Country, But Are They Real?