- NPR: Lost Album Gives Voice To A Johnny Cash In Recovery
- Stream Nickel Creek's New Album "A Dotted Line"
- Engine 145 Talks with Chuck Mead
- Gregg Allman Misses Live Dates With Bronchitis
- Twitter Shutting Down Its Music App
- If You Missed It: Brandy Clark on Ellen
- Off Camera ACM Awards Announced
- American Songwriter Interviews Scott H. Biram
- "Okie From Muskogee" 45th Anniversary Special 2CD Edition Released
- Spotify Slashes Subscription Prices for College Students
- John Cowan Signs with Compass Records
- Facebook Is Ending the Free Ride For Businesses, Bands, and Brands
- Spin Interviews Miranda Lambert
- If You Missed It: Lake Street Dive on Ellen
- Watch Video of Complete Hellbound Glory Concert
- Jason Eady and Courtney Patton Get Married
- New Nickel Creek Song "21st of May"
- Review and Pictures from George Strait's Farewell Concert in Nashville
- Charlie Daniels Does Dylan on New Album
- Predicting What You Want To Hear: Music And Data Get It On
- Facebook Buys Virtual Reality Company Oculus For 2 Billion
A few years ago, the only thing really lacking from the independent/underground country and roots world was true festival infrastructure. Now with The Muddy Roots Festival heading into it’s 3rd year, Farmageddon Fest getting up and running this summer, things are looking up. And 2012 will be the first year that underground roots will be fully represented at one the largest and most-important gatherings of the music tribes in all of the world: Austin, TX’s Annual South by Southwest (SXSW) event in mid March.
Saving Country Music, along with Muddy Roots and Cracker Swamp have teamed up with Hillgrass Bluebilly‘s 5th Annual XSXSW showcase to create a two day, three stage event for the edification of the underground roots fan, and to help represent the independent roots community to the rest of the independent music world.
And unlike most of the rest of SXSW, there will be no need for armbands or badges that cost in the hundreds of dollars to gain access to the music, and the event is being held outside of the madness Austin’s downtown corridor becomes during the event, at The Austin Moose lodge just east of downtown. XSXSW 5 will give fans a chance to be a part of SXSW, without all the trappings that usually keep many locals and out-of-towners away. And this year’s event will also be extra special, as it will serve as a pre-release party for Texas legend James Hand‘s upcoming album.
Artists and fans from all over the country are coming to this event. Admission to see all of these great bands will be a measly $10, so get out to Texas and pony up! But in the event you cannot make it, portions of it will be broadcast right here on Saving Country Music, through SCM LIVE.
Many more details will be coming soon, so stay tuned to Saving Country Music.
Day 1 Lineup – Friday March 16th
- Possessed by Paul James’
- Soda Gardocki
- James Leg
- Farmer Barrett
- Husky Burnette
- Patrick’s Beard
- Run-On Sentence
Day 2 Saturday March 17th
- Sunday Valley
- James Hand
- Hellbound Glory
- Tom VandenAvond
- Hashknife Outfit
- Calamity Cubes
- Rachel Brooke
- Pearls Mahone
- Ruby Jane
17 Comments to “Lineup for 5th Annual XSXSW 2012 Announced”
Leave a comment
Support SCM and start
your Amazon shopping here
- Wes231 on Jerrod Niemann Is No Willie or Waylon (A History Lesson)
- Mark M on Jerrod Niemann Is No Willie or Waylon (A History Lesson)
- Blackwater on Jerrod Niemann Is No Willie or Waylon (A History Lesson)
- TX Music Jim on Jerrod Niemann Is No Willie or Waylon (A History Lesson)
- Alison on New Merle Haggard Tribute is a Head Scratcher