Country music traditionalist Alan Jackson is set to release his 15th studio album called Angels and Alcohol on Friday, July 17th—one of the first major country albums to take advantage of the the new Friday global release day. The album includes ten new tracks, seven of which Jackson wrote himself, and comes as Alan Jackson celebrates 25 years as a country music performer. Like all but one of Jackson’s albums, it is produced by Keith Stegall. Angels and Alcohol is the followup to 2013’s The Bluegrass Album where Jackson payed homage to his bluegrass roots.
Over his 25-year career, the 56-year-old Alan Jackson has accumulated 35 #1 hits, and has sold over 80 million records. He’s been awarded the CMA Entertainer of the Year three times, won 13 more CMA Awards, has been awarded two Grammy Awards, and is a member of the Grand Ole Opry. In 2014, Jackson was honored with an exhibit at the Country Music Hall of Fame called 25 Years of Keepin’ It Country, and also played a residency at the Hall. Jackson is also in the midst of an extended 25th Anniversary tour.
Angels and Alcohol is already available for pre-order, and is also available in a package with a limited-edition poster that will include your name.
1) “You Can Always Come Home” (Alan Jackson)
2) “You Never Know” (Alan Jackson)
3) “Angels and Alcohol” (Alan Jackson)
4) “Gone Before You Met Me” (Michael White, Michael Heeney)
5) “The One You’re Waiting On” (Adam Wright, Shannon Wright)
6) “Jim and Jack and Hank” (Alan Jackson)
7) “I Leave A Light On” (Alan Jackson)
8) “Flaws” (Alan Jackson)
9) “When God Paints” (Troy Jones, Greg Becker)
10) “Mexico, Tequila and Me” (Alan Jackson)