- If You Missed It: First Aid Kit on Fallon
- Good News: Motley Crue Country Tribute Album Delayed
- Amazon Launches Prime Music Streaming Service
- 1927 Bristol Sessions revisited by Dolly Parton, Marty Stuart, Steve Martin and more
- Web Exclusive of Kacey Musgraves on Fallon
- NPR's KCRW Releases In Studio First Aid Kit Performance
- Kelley Mickwee of The Trishas New Song, New Album Coming
- National Geographic Features Pictures from New Photo Exhibit
- 'Ghost Brothers' tour lives again, in new markets
- New Country Awards Show Replacing Old One on FOX
- Video premiere: Dex Romweber Duo's 'Roll On'
- Justin Townes Earle to Release New Album 'Single Mothers' Sept. 9th (updated)
- Bluegrass Legend Ralph Stanley: 'Iím Just As Fresh As I Was 100 Years Ago'
- Miranda Lambert Hits No. 1 with "Platinum" Album
- House Panel To Hear Testimony On Media Ownership Rules Today
- Nicki Bluhm and The Gramblers Bring Taste of California to Nashville
- Video Premiere for Otis Gibbs "Ghosts Of Our Fathers"
- Big Machine, Cox Media Group Sign Direct Licensing Deal
- Walls St. Journal Features Producer Dave Cobb (Sturgill, Isbell)
- Songwriter Don Devaney Passes
- Song Premiere: Dom Flemons, "San Francisco Baby"
Like I reported a couple of days ago, Hank III’s new album Rebel Within is going to be released on May 25th, 2010. We now have the track list and cover art (see below), and you can pre-order either the CD, or LP+CD set.
Fans are being asked to pre-order Rebel Within for a number of reasons. First, pre-orders are used by labels and distributors to gauge the strength of an upcoming project. Of course nothing is for certain (esp. with Curb Records), but if an album has really strong pre-orders, they might decide to make more CD’s, give the album better distribution, or promote it better.
Pre-orders also factor in big when it comes to album charts. If you ask me, charts don’t mean very much these days, but when Hank III’s last album Damn Right, Rebel Proud charted #2 on Billboard’s Country Charts, it was like a shot right across Music Row’s bow. That #2 rating was due in large part to the amount of album pre-orders, and being that high in the charts helped get Hank III’s name out to the masses, and other REAL country band’s names out by proxy.
I understand times are tough. I’m sure that there’s some reading this right now that won’t be able to spare the green to buy the album at all. But if you’re going to buy it anyway, you might as well pre-order and help the artist out a little bit. This goes for Hank III, and ANY artist you might support. But if you can’t, you have many other ways you can show your support, and not all of them require you to spend money.
It also happens to help savingcountrymusic.com out if you pre-order either from the links below, or by using the Amazon.com portal to the top right of the page. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, but 4 pennies for every dollar go back to the website to help pay for costs. The way to insure that the most money goes to the artist when buying music is to buy it from them DIRECTLY, but unfortunately Hank III and other major label artists aren’t allowed to do that.
And while I’m whoring myself, you can use that Amazon portal any time to buy stuff, not just music, and it helps support the site and it costs you nothing more.
Pre-Order Rebel Within CD
Pre-Order Rebel Within Vinyl LP + CD
And by the way, if you’re wondering why the CD+LP is cheaper than just the CD, trust me, the CD price will go down to $14.99 here shortly, and Amazon will refund the difference back.
- 1. Getting’ Drunk and Fallin’ Down
- 2. Rebel Within’
- 3. Lookin’ For A Mountain
- 4. Gone But Not Forgotten
- 5. Drinkin’ Ain’t Hard To Do
- 6. Moonshiner’s Life
- 7. #5
- 8. Karmageddon
- 9. Lost In Oklahoma
- 10. Tore Up and Loud
- 11. Drinkin’ Over Mama
PS: No, that is not a Keith Neltner cover.
24 Comments to “Pre-Order “The Rebel Within” (+Tracks & Cover)”
Leave a comment
- Strait Country 81 on New Hank Williams “I Saw The Light” Biopic Coming
- Michael Massimino on New Hank Williams “I Saw The Light” Biopic Coming
- Strait Country 81 on Song Review – “The Trailer Song” By Kacey Musgraves
- Rambler on New Hank Williams “I Saw The Light” Biopic Coming
- Ann on Taylor Swift Is Leaving Country. But Will Country Let Her?