- Marty Stuart: Keeper Of Country Music's Cowboy Couture
- Willie Watson on NPR's Mountain Stage
- Fader Interviews Lucinda Williams
- Chuck Mead on NPR's Mountain Stage
- Apple Reportedly In Talks with Majors for Cheaper Music
- Ricky Skaggs, Sharon White Release New Album "Hearts Like Ours"
- If You Missed It: Lucinda Williams on Fallon 9-30
- SXSW Probably Isn't Going Anywhere – But Big Changes Loom
- Revisiting Cowboy Jack Clement, Country Music's Jester and King
- Audiobook Review: Tom T. Hall "The Storyteller's Nashville"
- Mac Wiseman Featured in The Wall St Journal
- Live Nation Moving Off of Music Row
- After SiriusXM Success, The Turtles Take on Pandora
- American Songwriter reviews new Sons of Bill album
- Cool Music Photos from New "Still Moving" Picture Book
- The Telegraph "Sturgill Simpson: Space Cowboy"
- Jambands Reviews Cory Branan's "No Hit Wonder"
- Zoe Muth at WAMU's Bluegrass Country
- A night in the life of Austin City Limits ringleader Terry Lickona
- Sons of Bill Release New Album "Love and Logic"
- Can the people Nashville hopes to attract afford to move to Nashville?
The grassroots petition to attempt to get country music legend Hank Williams reinstated into the Grand Ole Opry, also known as Reinstate Hank, has reached an important milestone, as the online petition has now crested the 50,000 signature mark. This does not include the scores of physical signatures collected in the official Reinstate Hank petition books, sent in by volunteers collecting signatures all around the world, and collected at concerts of Hank Williams III, aka Hank3, who started the movement.
In 1952, Hank Williams was dismissed from the Opry with the understanding that he would sober up and then return to the stage that he loved so much. Sadly, he passed away on New Year’s Day of 1953 in the back seat of his blue Cadillac and never made that momentous return. Despite being one of the most powerfully iconic figures in American music, Hank Williams has yet to be reinstated to the Opry.
Hank3 started Reinstate Hank shortly after his last performance on the Opry marking the 50th Anniversary of Hank Sr.’s death. From the stage, the youngest Hank proclaimed, “Keep one thing in mind, after all this time, maybe it’s time that we can get Hank Williams reinstated back in the Grand Ole Opry folks. That would be a dream come true for a lot of people.” When Hank3 asked the President of the Opry Steve Buchanan about the reinstatement, he was told, “We’ll never reinstate a dead guy.”
14 Comments to “Reinstate Hank Petition Crests 50,000 Signatures”
Leave a comment
Support SCM and start
your Amazon shopping here
- Karen on Review – Carrie Underwood’s “Something In The Water”
- Melissa on A Meow Mix Commercial Speaks To Bro-Country’s Critical Mass
- Kay Williams on 2014 Country Music Hall of Fame Picks & Prognostications
- Eric on J.P. Harris Just Wants To Keep It Country
- Sarah on Review – Carrie Underwood’s “Something In The Water”