- Marty Stuart: Keeper Of Country Music's Cowboy Couture
- Willie Watson on NPR's Mountain Stage
- Fader Interviews Lucinda Williams
- Chuck Mead on NPR's Mountain Stage
- Apple Reportedly In Talks with Majors for Cheaper Music
- Ricky Skaggs, Sharon White Release New Album "Hearts Like Ours"
- If You Missed It: Lucinda Williams on Fallon 9-30
- SXSW Probably Isn't Going Anywhere – But Big Changes Loom
- Revisiting Cowboy Jack Clement, Country Music's Jester and King
- Audiobook Review: Tom T. Hall "The Storyteller's Nashville"
- Mac Wiseman Featured in The Wall St Journal
- Live Nation Moving Off of Music Row
- After SiriusXM Success, The Turtles Take on Pandora
- American Songwriter reviews new Sons of Bill album
- Cool Music Photos from New "Still Moving" Picture Book
- The Telegraph "Sturgill Simpson: Space Cowboy"
- Jambands Reviews Cory Branan's "No Hit Wonder"
- Zoe Muth at WAMU's Bluegrass Country
- A night in the life of Austin City Limits ringleader Terry Lickona
- Review: Sturgill Simpson At Leaf Cafe, Liverpool, UK
- Can the people Nashville hopes to attract afford to move to Nashville?
A couple of weeks back I made this video . . .
. . . in response to Outlaw Magazine’s call for supporters of the Reinstate Hank movement to make videos voicing your support. You can read in depth about how to do that by CLICKING HERE.
But unfortunately, no other videos but mine have been made.
SO to motivate the hellbilly nation, I’ve dug deep into the dusty and depressed Free Hank III coffers to assemble a PRIZE PACKAGE that you can win by making a video! Now this is not a beauty contest. I am not going to judge the videos. All you have to do is simply make one and that makes you eligible for the prize, the winner will be chosen randomly.
At the moment the prize includes 2 CD’s : One from the father of country music, The Essential Jimmie Rodgers, and Marty Robbins: Legendary Country Singers. That’s 45 tracks of solid country gold!
It will also come with merch stickers from my soulmate Rachel Brooke , the much underrated Honky Tonk Hustlas , and the greatness of Metal Farm Magazine. And who knows, some big name people might also be ponying up some more booty for the winner. Details coming.
Like I said in my previous blog about this, I completely understand that there are some people who do not have the means to make a video.
But it would be great if those that do would take a few minutes to do so. You don’t have to be cute, creative, or funny, you just have to speak what’s in your heart and mind. It being heartfelt and honest is the most important thing. Outlaw Magazine is only asking for two minutes. Even if you just give a few seconds, state your name and where you are from and that you support the movement, this gives the Grand Ole Opry a set of eyes, a unique distinguishable human face to look back at and answer why they continue to refuse to honor the legacy of the greatest, most important artist in country music history.
Maybe if you do not know how or do not have the gear to make a video, you could get help from a friend, family member, neighbor, whatever. A lot of digital cameras now have the capability of making short videos. And if you need help posting it on YouTube, contact me and will do it under my account.
And again, NOBODY should feel guilty if they can’t or just won’t make a video, but you can also participate by rating or making comments on my videos or hopefully the others to come. This will help increase visibility on YouTube, and hopefully encourage others to make videos.
Also just a reminder, if there are any bands that want me to review or promote their music, email me and I will send you my contact info. And if you send me stuff I will pass it along to readers as well to help promote you a second time around.
15 Comments to “Reinstate Hank Video Contest !!!”
Leave a comment
Support SCM and start
your Amazon shopping here
- Eric on Elizabeth Cook Cancels Shows to Deal With Personal Matters
- Eric on Rodney Crowell Sounds Off On Pick of Tom Hiddleston to Play Hank Williams
- sarah on Review – Carrie Underwood’s “Something In The Water”
- Karen on Review – Carrie Underwood’s “Something In The Water”
- Melissa on A Meow Mix Commercial Speaks To Bro-Country’s Critical Mass