- Ralph Stanley and Grandson Making Gospel Album
- George Jones' widow wants fans to see tribute (video: autoplay)
- Funny: Honest Billboard Country Airplay Chart
- Scott Biram Announces New Album, Releases New Song
- Watch Loretta Lynn Being Awarded Medal of Freedom
- Good Read - Shopping for Hits: A Look at Music Row's 'Pitch Lists'
- Download Free Sample from Sturgill Simpson on NoiseTrade
- Stream "Foreverly" Norah Jones and Billy Joe Tribute
- Galleywinter Reviews Cody Canada's New Live Acoustic Album
- Bottle Rockets Reissue First Album and "Brooklyn Side"
- John Prine has operable form of lung cancer
- Shovels and Rope Documentary Captures the Life of an Americana Couple
- Loretta Lynn: 5 reasons why she earned Presidential Medal of Freedom
- If You Missed It: Nikki Bluhm on Conan
- Kellie Pickler Debuts in Top Five On Top Country Albums Chart
- Shovels and Rope to Reissue First Album. Listen to Revamped Song
- Ricky Skaggs Revisits Country Hits During Hall of Fame Performance
- The World's Highest-Paid Musicians 2013
- Justin Timberlake's Dreams of Country Music Stardom 'Still Alive'
- Ry Cooder Featured In The New Yorker, New Live Album
- Jello Biafra Likes Larry and His Flask!
Country music might ignore Record Store Day (RSD) this Saturday (April 16th), the worldwide event that has become an international holiday for audiofiles, but Saving Country Music won’t. Neither will Bloodshot Records, who has a number of releases and events planned for the day meant to prop up the ailing mom and pop record store.
Justin Townes Earle will be releasing a 7″ called Move Over Mama, which will include that track from his most recent album Harlem River Blues, with the B Side being “Racing in the Streets”, a “heretofore unreleased sparse, haunting Bruce Springsteen song that JTE’s been slaying ‘em with live.”
I’m also salivating over the release of No One Got Hurt: Bloodshot’s 15th Anniversary @ The Hideout Block Party. It is a live bootleg from their September 12, 2009 Anniversary Party, that includes some amazing tracks from Scott H. Biram, The Waco Brother, Bobby Bare Jr., The Deadstring Brothers, and many more. 19 tracks in all.
This is a CD, not an LP, but is being released in conjunction with Record Store Day. It will eventually be released digitally to the masses, but the only way you will be able to get it in the near term is finding a local record store that carries Bloodshot stuff. However, I will be spinning tracks from the bootleg on this Saturday’s edition of Saving Country Music Radio, which broadcasts at 9 PM on Record Store Day via The Real Deal KOOK, and which I will include the most BRUTAL version of Scott Biram’s “Truck Drivin’ Man” I’ve ever heard. It’s so out of control it had to be edited for the public airwaves!
Bloodshot artists like Whitey Morgan & The 78′s, The Deadstring Brothers, and Dex Romweber Duo will be conducting in-store performances, and many record stores like the infamous Shake-It Records in Cincinnati will have Bloodshot specials going on. See a full list of Bloodshot’s Record Store Day events.
Track List for No One Got Hurt: Bloodshot’s 15th Anniversary @ The Hideout Block Party:
- SANCTIFIED GRUMBLERS – EZ Riden’ Grumblers
- SALLY TIMMS – Sad Milkman
- JON LANGFORD – Pill Sailor
- THE BLACKS - Theresa Leaves Lonesome Town
- THE BLACKS – Horrorshow
- BOBBY BARE JR – Monk at the Disco
- BOBBY BARE JR - Valentine
- MOONSHINE WILLY - Turn The Lights Down Low
- THE SCOTLAND YARD GOSPEL CHOIR – Aspidistra
- THE SCOTLAND YARD GOSPEL CHOIR – Tear Down the Opera House
- SCOTT H BIRAM – Still Drunk, Still Crazy, Still Blue
- SCOTT H BIRAM - Truck Driver
- DEADSTRING BROTHERS – If You Want Me To
- DEADSTRING BROTHERS – Smile
- ALEJANDRO ESCOVEDO – Castanets
- ALEJANDRO ESCOVEDO - I Was Drunk
- WACO BROTHERS - Red Brick Wall
- RICO BELL & the Waco Brothers - Merseysong
- WACO BROTHERS – See Willy Fly By
12 Comments to “RSD Preview – Bloodshot Records 15th Anniversary Live”
Leave a comment
- Sherman Mohr on George Jones Receives Monument in Nashville
- Trigger on Spike TV Airs Episode Featuring Bar Where Wayne Mills Was Killed
- Acca Dacca on Don’t Give Up The Term “Country,” Be Positive About It
- blah on Luke Bryan Loses “Male Video” Award for Having a Vagina
- Mark N on Wayne Mills of the Wayne Mills Band Shot Fatally in Nashville