- Ralph Stanley and Grandson Making Gospel Album
- George Jones' widow wants fans to see tribute (video: autoplay)
- Funny: Honest Billboard Country Airplay Chart
- Scott Biram Announces New Album, Releases New Song
- Watch Loretta Lynn Being Awarded Medal of Freedom
- Good Read - Shopping for Hits: A Look at Music Row's 'Pitch Lists'
- Download Free Sample from Sturgill Simpson on NoiseTrade
- Stream "Foreverly" Norah Jones and Billy Joe Tribute
- Galleywinter Reviews Cody Canada's New Live Acoustic Album
- Bottle Rockets Reissue First Album and "Brooklyn Side"
- John Prine has operable form of lung cancer
- Shovels and Rope Documentary Captures the Life of an Americana Couple
- Loretta Lynn: 5 reasons why she earned Presidential Medal of Freedom
- If You Missed It: Nikki Bluhm on Conan
- Kellie Pickler Debuts in Top Five On Top Country Albums Chart
- Shovels and Rope to Reissue First Album. Listen to Revamped Song
- Ricky Skaggs Revisits Country Hits During Hall of Fame Performance
- The World's Highest-Paid Musicians 2013
- Justin Timberlake's Dreams of Country Music Stardom 'Still Alive'
- Ry Cooder Featured In The New Yorker, New Live Album
- Jello Biafra Likes Larry and His Flask!
Sometimes you just have to stop pontificating so much about music and just play it. That is what the Saving Country Music Radio podcast is for. Even if you have no time or desire to listen, please pilfer the playlist for ideas for what we’re listening to right now. This episode is co-hosted by Earl Dibbles Jr. (well, sort of), who just released a new single, and prominently features my favorite new album, Eric Strickland’s Honky Tonk Till I Die, as well as songs from albums SCM has reviewed recently, and others we hope to get to soon.
Thanks for listening and remember….
It’s all about the music!
- Eric Strickland – 18 Wheels of Hell on the Highway – from Honky Tonk Till I Die
- Marty Stuart – Hollywood Boogie – from Nashville, Vol. 1 – Tear The Woodpile Down
- Sara Watkins – The Foothills – from Sun Midnight Sun
- The Turnpike Troubadours – Gone, Gone, Gone – from Goodbye Normal St.
- Joseph Huber – Fell Off The Wagon – from Tongues of Fire
- Tom VandenAvond – Wreck of a Fine Man – from Wreck of a Fine Man
- Lee Baines & The Glory Fires – Reba – from There’s a Bomb in Gillead
- Left Lane Cruiser & James Leg – Chevrolet – from Painkillers
- Earl Dibbles Jr. – The Country Boy Song
- Marty Stuart & Hank3 – Pictures from Life’s Other Side – from Nashville, Vol. 1 – Tear The Woodpile Down
- Tillford Sellers & The Wagon Burners – Sippy’s Lament – from Heartaches, Lies and Cheating Songs
- McDougall – The Travels of Fredrick Tolls, Part 2 -from A Few Towns More
- Willie Nelson – A Horse Called Music – from Heroes
- JB Beverley & The Wayward Drifters – Shoulda Thought About It – from Dark Bar & a Juke Box
- Big Boss Twang – Kenworth Kenny – from Big Boss Twang
- Eric Strickland – Drinking Whiskey – from Honky Tonk Till I Die
- Justin Townes Earle – It Won’t Be The Last Time – from Nothing’s Gonna Change The Way You Feel About Me Now
8 Comments to “Saving Country Music Radio Episode #28 Released”
Leave a comment
- Alabama Mike on Circumstances of Wayne Mills’ Death Leave Many Questions
- Tin on Wayne Mills of the Wayne Mills Band Shot Fatally in Nashville
- Will on Wayne Mills & “The Last Honky Tonk” (Review & Eulogy)
- Linda Merchant on Circumstances of Wayne Mills’ Death Leave Many Questions
- Angela on Wayne Mills of the Wayne Mills Band Shot Fatally in Nashville