- The Darrell Brothers Offer a Dramatic Reading of Luke Bryan
- Engine 145: Ronnie Milsap Looks Back on New Album
- Music festivals see big opportunity in country music
- 'True Detective' music: 10 other great songs by the Handsome Family
- Tim Wilson, comedian and country artist, dies of heart attack
- Johnny Cash Museum reflects legend's charm
- Pop Matters Features Lydia Loveless
- Oklahoma Gazette Features Hellbound Glory
- New York Times: Trying to Save Merle Haggard's Boxcar Home
- Bill Monroe and Tammy Wynette May Get New Postage Stamps
- How Thirty Tigers Is Beating Competition with Only a 30 Percent Cut
- Roger Alan Wade Bears His Soul
- Album premiere: Chuck Mead's 'Free State Serenade'
- Clinch Mountain Boy Celebrates 20 Years with Ralph Stanley
- "Push and Shove" Video from My Graveyard Jaw
- Get an exclusive first look at Jolie Holland's new record, "Wine Dark Sea"
- Live review: Lucinda Williams remains unmatched at Echoplex
- Country's Super Sized Stars Downsize for European Success
- Bobby Bare Jr.'s Swaggering 'North of Alabama by Mornin''
- Interview with Rachael Price of Lake Street Dive
- Stream New Drive By Truckers Album "English Oceans"
Sometimes you just have to stop pontificating so much about music and just play it. That is what the Saving Country Music Radio podcast is for. Even if you have no time or desire to listen, please pilfer the playlist for ideas for what we’re listening to right now. This episode is co-hosted by Earl Dibbles Jr. (well, sort of), who just released a new single, and prominently features my favorite new album, Eric Strickland’s Honky Tonk Till I Die, as well as songs from albums SCM has reviewed recently, and others we hope to get to soon.
Thanks for listening and remember….
It’s all about the music!
- Eric Strickland – 18 Wheels of Hell on the Highway – from Honky Tonk Till I Die
- Marty Stuart – Hollywood Boogie – from Nashville, Vol. 1 – Tear The Woodpile Down
- Sara Watkins – The Foothills – from Sun Midnight Sun
- The Turnpike Troubadours – Gone, Gone, Gone – from Goodbye Normal St.
- Joseph Huber – Fell Off The Wagon – from Tongues of Fire
- Tom VandenAvond – Wreck of a Fine Man – from Wreck of a Fine Man
- Lee Baines & The Glory Fires – Reba – from There’s a Bomb in Gillead
- Left Lane Cruiser & James Leg – Chevrolet – from Painkillers
- Earl Dibbles Jr. – The Country Boy Song
- Marty Stuart & Hank3 – Pictures from Life’s Other Side – from Nashville, Vol. 1 – Tear The Woodpile Down
- Tillford Sellers & The Wagon Burners – Sippy’s Lament – from Heartaches, Lies and Cheating Songs
- McDougall – The Travels of Fredrick Tolls, Part 2 -from A Few Towns More
- Willie Nelson – A Horse Called Music – from Heroes
- JB Beverley & The Wayward Drifters – Shoulda Thought About It – from Dark Bar & a Juke Box
- Big Boss Twang – Kenworth Kenny – from Big Boss Twang
- Eric Strickland – Drinking Whiskey – from Honky Tonk Till I Die
- Justin Townes Earle – It Won’t Be The Last Time – from Nothing’s Gonna Change The Way You Feel About Me Now
8 Comments to “Saving Country Music Radio Episode #28 Released”
Leave a comment
- Adrian on EDM Replacing Rap As The Scourge of Country Radio
- the pistolero on Tim McGraw’s “Lookin For That Girl” (A Rant)
- Gaahl on EDM Replacing Rap As The Scourge of Country Radio
- Seth Putnam on EDM Replacing Rap As The Scourge of Country Radio
- olajean on Josh Abbott Admits to Infidelity, Asks For Forgiveness