Announced on paste.com this morning, up-and-coming authentic country performer Sturgill Simpson will release his second solo studio album called Metamodern Sounds In Country Music on May 13th. Born in Kentucky, the former from man of Sunday Valley released his debut album High Top Mountain in 2013 to critical acclaim and was nominated for Saving Country Music’s Album of The Year. Sturgill went on to be named Saving Country Music’s Artist of the Year.
“Myriad worldly offerings—religion, drugs, and more—all claim to be the omnipotent universal truth, but in my experience, love is the only certainty. That is what this record is about,” Simpson tells Paste.
The cover art is contributed by longtime Sturgill Simpson friend Jason Seiler, known for his illustration of Pope Francis for Time Magazine.
As part of the announcement, Sturgill has also released the first single from the album “Living The Dream” (listen below).
Track List for Metamodern Sounds In Country Music:
1.Turtles All the Way Down
2. Life of Sin
3. Living the Dream
5. Long White Line
6. The Promise
7. A Little Light
8. Just Let Go
9. It Ain’t All Flowers
10. Pan Bowl (bonus track)
54 Comments to “Sturgill Simpson’s “Metamodern Sounds in Country Music””
Leave a comment
Support SCM and start
your Amazon shopping here
- Hasi on The Opry Trends Older As Newer Stars Shirk Obligations
- Quotable Country – 01/11/15 Edition | Country California on Odie Blackmon Talks Teaching George Jones College Course
- Dana M on Song Review – Reba McEntire’s “Going Out Like That”
- Mike on Mashup Illustrates How Many Country Hits Are The Same
- Ben Jones on Viral Mashup Exposes Silent Majority of Disgruntled Country Fans