- Ralph Stanley and Grandson Making Gospel Album
- George Jones' widow wants fans to see tribute (video: autoplay)
- Funny: Honest Billboard Country Airplay Chart
- Scott Biram Announces New Album, Releases New Song
- Watch Loretta Lynn Being Awarded Medal of Freedom
- Good Read - Shopping for Hits: A Look at Music Row's 'Pitch Lists'
- Download Free Sample from Sturgill Simpson on NoiseTrade
- Stream "Foreverly" Norah Jones and Billy Joe Tribute
- Galleywinter Reviews Cody Canada's New Live Acoustic Album
- Bottle Rockets Reissue First Album and "Brooklyn Side"
- John Prine has operable form of lung cancer
- Shovels and Rope Documentary Captures the Life of an Americana Couple
- Loretta Lynn: 5 reasons why she earned Presidential Medal of Freedom
- If You Missed It: Nikki Bluhm on Conan
- Kellie Pickler Debuts in Top Five On Top Country Albums Chart
- Shovels and Rope to Reissue First Album. Listen to Revamped Song
- Ricky Skaggs Revisits Country Hits During Hall of Fame Performance
- The World's Highest-Paid Musicians 2013
- Justin Timberlake's Dreams of Country Music Stardom 'Still Alive'
- Ry Cooder Featured In The New Yorker, New Live Album
- Jello Biafra Likes Larry and His Flask!
Lately I’ve been bitching that since the death of MySpace the REAL country tribe has been scattered so to speak. We used to all be on the same page, communication was not an issue, and we felt like one big family, dysfunctional as it might have been. Well there’s still one place where we can all come together and recapture that magic, and that is Wednesday nights on the podcast network Scrub Radio. Staring at 8 PM Eastern, the music starts rolling, and the live chat room fills up with the same faces you see around here in the comments section, as well as on MySpace, Facebook, etc.
It starts off with Stink Finger Radio at 8 ET, featuring the BEST in cigar box guitar music and other handmade specialties. You may think it sounds like a one trick pony that would grow old, but on the contrary. It gets your blood pumping with muddy water and gets you ready for Outlaw Radio Chicago at 9 ET where Jashie P highlights the best and newest music in the REAL country movement, as well as great guests.
This week Outlaw Radio will be talking with Jason, organizer of the Muddy Roots Festival, as well as Pearls Mahone, who performed there. I know a lot of people have work/family stuff they got to deal with, but if you have the time, stop by, hang out in the live chat room, it’s good times.
Muddy Roots Jason is also the guest on the latest White Trash Revival episode, so check that out as well.
And if you haven’t made it over there yet, It Burns When I Pee podcast has released their 3 Year Anniversary Show.
So many podcasts, so little time.
In just about a month from now, two of the biggest, most important events ever to happen in the insurgent country scene will be going down. The first is the Muddy Roots Festival happening the 28th-30th just outside of Nashville. They just released the schedule last week, and with headliners Billy Joe Shaver and Wayne “The Train” Hancock, this is a can’t miss if you’re able to make it out there.
And for Mother’s Day, Muddy Roots has announced if you purchase a ticket today, you get a free T Shirt! (purchase tickets HERE.)
And right as Muddy Roots wraps up Outlaw Radio Chicago will be releasing their compilation album on June 1st. Quite a few bands that are going to be at Muddy Roots will also be on the compilation, bands like Pearls Mahone & The OneEyed Jacks,The Goddamn Gallows, and Dave Smith & The Country Rebels, so if you can’t make it to the Festival, think of this as the Muddy Roots home game.
Copies of the Outlaw Radio Compilation can be pre-ordered by CLICKING HERE. They are only $9 and but the price will go up on June 1st, so get em while they’re cheap!
All the songs on the compilation are previously unreleased tracks, so this is the only place you can get this music. 19 tracks. 19 TRACKS! All new songs from your favorite bands! (See a list below).
Jashie P of Outlaw Radio Chicago and Jason 3.14 of Muddy Roots are true champions of the music and have spent tons of their own time and money to get the music out to the masses, and they deserve as much appreciation and support for everything they do for the music we love!
OUTLAW COMPILATION CONTRIBUTORS:
* Bob Wayne and the Outlaw Carnies
* .357 String Band
* Six Gun Britt
* The Dad Horse Experience
* Izzy and the Kesstronics
* Lucky Tubb and the Modern Day Troubadours
* Ol’ Red Shed
* Ted Russell Kamp
* Dave Smith and the Country Rebels
* Black Eyed Vermillion
* Little Lisa Dixie
* The Boomswagglers
* Joey Allcorn
* Rachel Brooke
* Last False Hope
* Slackeye Slim
* The Fisticuffs
* Roger Alan Wade
* Hellbound Glory
* Those Poor Bastards
- Tim on Circumstances of Wayne Mills’ Death Leave Many Questions
- Trigger on Spike TV Airs Episode Featuring Bar Where Wayne Mills Was Killed
- Matt on Spike TV Airs Episode Featuring Bar Where Wayne Mills Was Killed
- Tim on Wayne Mills & “The Last Honky Tonk” (Review & Eulogy)
- Pete Berwick on Spike TV Airs Episode Featuring Bar Where Wayne Mills Was Killed