- Marty Stuart: Keeper Of Country Music's Cowboy Couture
- Willie Watson on NPR's Mountain Stage
- Fader Interviews Lucinda Williams
- Chuck Mead on NPR's Mountain Stage
- Apple Reportedly In Talks with Majors for Cheaper Music
- Ricky Skaggs, Sharon White Release New Album "Hearts Like Ours"
- If You Missed It: Lucinda Williams on Fallon 9-30
- SXSW Probably Isn't Going Anywhere – But Big Changes Loom
- Revisiting Cowboy Jack Clement, Country Music's Jester and King
- Audiobook Review: Tom T. Hall "The Storyteller's Nashville"
- Mac Wiseman Featured in The Wall St Journal
- Live Nation Moving Off of Music Row
- After SiriusXM Success, The Turtles Take on Pandora
- American Songwriter reviews new Sons of Bill album
- Cool Music Photos from New "Still Moving" Picture Book
- The Telegraph "Sturgill Simpson: Space Cowboy"
- Jambands Reviews Cory Branan's "No Hit Wonder"
- Zoe Muth at WAMU's Bluegrass Country
- A night in the life of Austin City Limits ringleader Terry Lickona
- Sons of Bill Release New Album "Love and Logic"
- Can the people Nashville hopes to attract afford to move to Nashville?
This story has been updated.
Tim McGraw is in hot water with some fans after video surfaced of the country star aggressively slapping a woman in the face at a concert in Atlanta on Sunday (7-13) at Aaron’s Ampitheatre at Lakewood. Footage of the incident has spread across the internet on sites such as The Huffington Post and TMZ, and has Tim McGraw in hot water with some fans in a genre where laying your hands on a woman is considered forbidden.
But McGraw slapping the female fan only tells part of the story. Clearly seen in the video, a woman in the crowd reaches out to touch Tim’s leg twice before grabbing Tim’s jeans near his left pocket and causing a large rip, potentially looking for a threaded souvenir, or trying to touch Tim. Some also discern from the grainy videos available that the woman was trying to touch Tim’s genitals. The woman either didn’t let go, or her hand gets caught on Tim’s jeans, and when he goes to pull away is when the “instinctive” slap occurred according to Tim’s spokesperson. Tim was singing his song “Truck Yeah” as an encore performance at the time.
â€śAt the end of the night during the encore, Tim was singing out in the audience and someone firmly grabbed onto his leg and wouldnâ€™t let go as he was moving through the crowd,” says McGraw’s publicity firm The GreenRoom. “He instinctively swatted to try and keep them from ripping his jeans (which they succeeded at doing), and so he could get to more fans who were trying to slap hands with him before the end of the show. He didnâ€™t know who had grabbed him and was trying to keep his pants from being torn.â€ť
The woman was later escorted out of the concert by a security guard.
Though the woman was clearly being aggressive and putting her hands on Tim, the question for some fans remains why Tim felt the need to slap the woman, and so aggressively, instead of waiting for security to diffuse the situation. As can be seen in both videos of the incident, security arrives very shortly afterwards. At the same time, Tim was clearly reacting to the situation, and not acting out against the woman unilaterally.
UPDATE (7-18-14 11:00 PM CDT): Yet another video has surfaced from the incident, showing the woman who was slapped in a blue top smacking Tim McGraw on the butt multiple times as he walks down the walkway.
75 Comments to “Tim McGraw Slaps Woman Across The Face At Concert – UPDATED”
Leave a comment
Support SCM and start
your Amazon shopping here
- Karen on Review – Carrie Underwood’s “Something In The Water”
- Melissa on A Meow Mix Commercial Speaks To Bro-Country’s Critical Mass
- Kay Williams on 2014 Country Music Hall of Fame Picks & Prognostications
- Eric on J.P. Harris Just Wants To Keep It Country
- Sarah on Review – Carrie Underwood’s “Something In The Water”