- If You Missed It: First Aid Kit on Fallon
- Good News: Motley Crue Country Tribute Album Delayed
- Amazon Launches Prime Music Streaming Service
- 1927 Bristol Sessions revisited by Dolly Parton, Marty Stuart, Steve Martin and more
- Web Exclusive of Kacey Musgraves on Fallon
- NPR's KCRW Releases In Studio First Aid Kit Performance
- Kelley Mickwee of The Trishas New Song, New Album Coming
- National Geographic Features Pictures from New Photo Exhibit
- 'Ghost Brothers' tour lives again, in new markets
- New Country Awards Show Replacing Old One on FOX
- Video premiere: Dex Romweber Duo's 'Roll On'
- Justin Townes Earle to Release New Album 'Single Mothers' Sept. 9th (updated)
- Bluegrass Legend Ralph Stanley: 'I’m Just As Fresh As I Was 100 Years Ago'
- Miranda Lambert Hits No. 1 with "Platinum" Album
- House Panel To Hear Testimony On Media Ownership Rules Today
- Nicki Bluhm and The Gramblers Bring Taste of California to Nashville
- Video Premiere for Otis Gibbs "Ghosts Of Our Fathers"
- Big Machine, Cox Media Group Sign Direct Licensing Deal
- Walls St. Journal Features Producer Dave Cobb (Sturgill, Isbell)
- Songwriter Don Devaney Passes
- Song Premiere: Dom Flemons, "San Francisco Baby"
Country Music legend Willie Nelson spent Sunday night in a Denver area hospital after complaining of breathing problems due to Emphysema and the high altitude. He was scheduled to play a benefit concert for a Humane Society Organization called the “Dumb Friends League” in Castle Pines Village when he had to cancel. Fred Bartlit, the host of the fundraiser told The Denver Post “I was told Willie woke up and had trouble breathing, so he was taken to the hospital.” The event, dubbed “Lulu’s Barkin’ BBQ” was being held at Fred Bartlit’s home.
According to KVET 98.1 in Austin, Willie Nelson is feeling better this morning and planning to head back to Texas today. Nelson has a show scheduled at the Dallas House of Blues for Tuesday (8-21), but no word if he will be playing the show or not.
****UPDATE****UPDATE**** According to the Associated Press, Willie is doing fine, back in Texas, and plans to resume touring normally, including making his stop Tuesday (8-21) at the House of Blues in Dallas, TX. Spokesperson Elaine Shock says Willie was never hospitalized.
Willie Nelson, known for being a marijuana user and proponent, has a history of lung problems. In late March of 2008, the singer almost died after having his left lung collapse while swimming in Hawaii. In 2010, Willie switched to using a vaporizer for marijuana because “…the vaporizersÂ are better for your lungs.Â You donâ€™tÂ inhale any heat, you donâ€™t inhale any smoke.Â You only get the vapors. The vaporizer is better for your lungs, sure.”
Willie Nelson is 79-years-old.
8 Comments to “Willie Nelson Recovering After Hospital Stay in Denver”
Leave a comment
- Bear on Big Smo Show Could Be Hick Hop’s Backdoor to the Mainstream
- Drew on Song Review – “The Trailer Song” By Kacey Musgraves
- Bear on New American Roots Category Being Added to Grammys
- dan_ga on Big Smo Show Could Be Hick Hop’s Backdoor to the Mainstream
- Karen on Taylor Swift Is Leaving Country. But Will Country Let Her?