- The Darrell Brothers Offer a Dramatic Reading of Luke Bryan
- Engine 145: Ronnie Milsap Looks Back on New Album
- Music festivals see big opportunity in country music
- 'True Detective' music: 10 other great songs by the Handsome Family
- Tim Wilson, comedian and country artist, dies of heart attack
- Johnny Cash Museum reflects legend's charm
- Pop Matters Features Lydia Loveless
- Oklahoma Gazette Features Hellbound Glory
- New York Times: Trying to Save Merle Haggard's Boxcar Home
- Bill Monroe and Tammy Wynette May Get New Postage Stamps
- How Thirty Tigers Is Beating Competition with Only a 30 Percent Cut
- Roger Alan Wade Bears His Soul
- Album premiere: Chuck Mead's 'Free State Serenade'
- Clinch Mountain Boy Celebrates 20 Years with Ralph Stanley
- "Push and Shove" Video from My Graveyard Jaw
- Get an exclusive first look at Jolie Holland's new record, "Wine Dark Sea"
- Live review: Lucinda Williams remains unmatched at Echoplex
- Country's Super Sized Stars Downsize for European Success
- Bobby Bare Jr.'s Swaggering 'North of Alabama by Mornin''
- Interview with Rachael Price of Lake Street Dive
- Stream New Drive By Truckers Album "English Oceans"
Hillgrass Bluebilly Records, Muddy Roots Music, and savingcountrymusic.com, along with KVRX 91.7, The Real Deal KOOK 93.5, and Cracker Swamp Productions are excited to announce the complete lineup for XSXSW 5, or “Saving Muddy Hillgrass”, a two day event happening parallel with South by Southwest, the annual mid-March music festival in Austin, TX.
The “X” in XSXSW stands for the independent spirit of the event, attempting to re-create the original magic and focus of SXSW by bringing together artists, fans, media, and music management in a healthy environment free of the rigors that plague the modern-day SXSW landscape, and where music and people are the first focus.
XSXSW 5 will be showcasing talent from as far north as Michigan, as far west as California, as far east as Florida, and as far away as Australia, while also highlighting some of the best Texas talent, from the 17-year-old fiddle phenom Ruby Jane, to the legendary elder-statesman of authentic country music, James Hand. This is the 5th year of XSXSW, started by Hillgrass Bluebilly in 2008, and joined by Muddy Roots and Saving Country Music this year to create an event with even more local scope, and international impact.
Within the principle of putting people first, then music, and using music as a bridge to build community, XSXSW 5 is being held at Austin’s legendary Moose Lodge, an institution harkening back to a time where values and community were more closely cherished. The sprawling facilities will house 3 stages, a full bar, food, camping, plenty of easy and free parking, and lots of great music and good times.
The Moose Lodge is perfectly located for SXSW goers. It is outside of the madness that SXSW brings to Austin’s downtown corridor and the surrounding neighborhoods, making it the ideal destination for locals who want to enjoy great local and national music, but do not want to deal with the drama and headaches SXSW usually affords. Yet at the same time, it is mere minutes from downtown, making the short trek for hardcore SXSW attendees quick and simple.
And if you can’t make it there in person, the event will be broadcast LIVE at http://www.savingcountrymusic.com/live.
The artists and organizers of XSXSW 5 ask you to head over to the Austin Moose Lodge on March 16th & 17th to take in real, authentic roots music sung from the heart and from some of the best talent from around the country. XSXSW 5 is thrown with the idea that a song can change a life, and music can change the world. Come on by and see where a song takes you!
Admittance: Donations start at $10/day. Doors open at noon. Tickets at the door.
Main Stage – Friday 3/16 Presented by KVRX 91.7
- 2:45-3:15 – Moonhangers
- 3:15 – 4:15 – Chili Cold Blood
- 5:15-6:15 – Run On Sentence
- 7:00-7:45 – Old Gray Mule
- 8:30-9:15 – Rachel Brooke
- 10:00-10:45 – Owsley Brothers
- 11:30-12:30 – Possessed by Paul James
- 1:00 am – Restavrant
Cracker Swamp Stage - Friday 3/16 by KRVX 91.7
- 1:00 PM – 1:45 – Patrick’s Beard
- 2:00-2:45 – Farmer Barrett
- 4:15 – 5:15 – Pearls Mahone
- 6:15 – 7:00 – Lone Wolf OMB
- 7:45 – 8:30 – Captain Mudhole
- 9:15 – 10:00 – Husky Burnette
- 10:45 – 11:30 – James Leg
- 12:15 – 1:00 am – Soda
- 2:30-3:30 – Pearls Mahone
- 4:30-5:30 – Ruby Jane
- 6:30-7:30 – Hashknife Outfit
- 8:30-9:30 – Soda
- 10:30 – 12:00 James “Slim” Hand
- 1:00 AM – Sunday Valley
Saturday – Cracker Swamp Stage 3/17 by KOOK 93.5
- 1:30 – 2:30 – Water Tower (Bucket Boys)
- 3:30-4:30 – Rachel Brooke
- 5:30-6:30 – Lone Wolf OMB
- 7:30-8:30 – Calamity Cubes
- 9:30 – 10:30 – Hellbound Glory
- 12:00 – 1 AM – Tom VandenAvond
Stage 3 will be an outdoor stage where performers will be warming up, and jamming and collaborating with other artists. Stage 3 will be active only when there’s no performance on the main stage.
The Austin Moose Lodge is located in east Austin, minutes from downtown at 2103 E M Franklin Ave Austin, TX 78723, easily accessible from the airport by 183, and from downtown by either MLK Blvd or Manor Rd.
30 Comments to “XSXSW 5 Official Lineup Announcement”
Leave a comment
- Adrian on EDM Replacing Rap As The Scourge of Country Radio
- the pistolero on Tim McGraw’s “Lookin For That Girl” (A Rant)
- Gaahl on EDM Replacing Rap As The Scourge of Country Radio
- Seth Putnam on EDM Replacing Rap As The Scourge of Country Radio
- olajean on Josh Abbott Admits to Infidelity, Asks For Forgiveness