It’s dizzying enough trying to keep up with all the great releases in country and roots music, especially with the kind of super release days we’ve been experiencing lately where eight to ten highly-anticipated titles come out at the same time. You can read review if that’s your thing, or cull through new release lists to find something that suits your fancy. But the Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist is built to keep you informed of all the best songs and albums coming out right here, right now, and you get to listen to cool music while doing it. This is the 50th update on the playlist since it started, and it can be heard on all major streaming platforms (see links below).
Jason James – “Move A Little Closer” – This is the first taste from the long-anticipated sophomore album from this young classic country crooner from Texas, and it’s some country goodness. Jason’s Seems like Tears Ago arrives October 4th.
The Quebe Sisters – “Summer of Roses” – This singing and fiddling sister trio just released a self-titled album, and this sumptuous rendition of an old Willie Nelson tune is the perfect display of their talent.
Colter Wall – “Happy Reunion” – Colter Wall is tiding us over until his next record with a couple of cover songs released under the title Colter Wall and the Scary Prairie Boys, and that includes this rendition of “Happy Reunion” by Mike Beck.
Michaela Anne – “If I Wanted Your Opinion” – Michaela Anne ain’t having none of your lip in one of the more honky tonk-style songs from her brand new album Desert Dove out now.
Georgette Jones (feat. Vince Gill) – “I Know What You Did Last Night” – The daughter of George and Tammy has a new record out called Skin, and it’s not getting nearly enough attention. She teams up with Vince Gill on this song and they knock it out of the park.
Charley Crockett – “10,000 Acres” – From his just-released record The Valley, “10,000 Acres” refreshes Charley Crockett’s spot on the playlist.
Jason Hawk Harris – “Giving In” – Another refresh (meaning it replaces a different song from the same artist on the playlist), it’s from Harris’s recently-released progressive country record Love & The Dark that some are calling one of the best of the year.
– – – – – – – – – –
The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist primarily lives on Spotify, but is also available for those who use YouTube, Google Play, Tidal, and on Apple Music thanks to Country Exclusive. For those who don’t stream music, you can still find the song recommendations in list form below.
Please Note: The songs on this playlist are curated for listening pleasure and flow. Otherwise, they are not in any specific order.
Also, if you would like to see ALL the songs featured on the playlist past and present, CLICK HERE.
Saving Country Music’s Top 25 Current Playlist:
- “Move A Little Closer” – Jason James – Seems Like Tears Ago (10-4)
- “10,000 Acres” – Charley Crockett – The Valley
- “Same Kind of Crazy As Me” – Cody Jinks – The Wanting (10-18)
- “Shivers Down Spines” – Zach Bryan – DeAnn
- “I Know What You Did Last Night” – Georgette Jones, Vince Gill – Skin
- “I’m Broke” – Croy and the Boys – Howdy High-Rise
- “I Can Be Your Whiskey” – Erin Enderlin – Chapter Two: I Can Be You Whiskey
- “If You Want a Fool Around” – Mike & The Moonpies – Cheap Silver and Solid Country Gold
- “Breakfast” – Darrin Bradbury – Talking Dogs and Atom Bombs
- “Willie Nelson’s Wall” – Vincent Neil Emerson – Fried Chicken & Evil Women
- “Happy Reunion” – Colter Wall – Colter Wall & the Scary Prairie Boys
- “If I Wanted Your Opinion” – Michaela Anne – Desert Dove
- “Country Squire” – Tyler Childers – Country Squire
- “Anyhow” – Kelsey Waldon – White Noise, White Lines (10-4)
- “Move A Mountain” – Johnny Falstaff – (single)
- “Giving In” – Jason Hawk Harris – Love & The Dark
- “Everything’s The Same” – Billy Strings – HOME
- “Bury My Bones” – Whiskey Myers – Self-Titled
- “One Night Standards – Ashley McBryde – (single)
- “Country Radio” – Aaron Watson – Red Bandana
- “The Wheels Of Laredo” – Tanya Tucker – While I’m Livin’
- “Hard Time with The Truth” – Kendell Marvel – Solid Gold Sounds (10-11)
- “I Don’t Wanna Ride The Rails No More” – Vince Gill – Okie
- “Everything But You” – Dallas Moore – Tryin’ to Be A Blessing (10-4)
- “Heartache Medication” – Jon Pardi – Heartache Medication (9-27)
- “Summer of Roses” – The Quebe Sisters – Self-Titled