New Lindi Ortega, Jason Isbell, Marty Stuart Added to SCM’s Top 25 Current Playlist
Saving Country Music has just added some fresh horses to its recently-launched Top 25 Current Spotify Playlist meant to be a centralized destination for top recommended songs and artists currently setting the pace in country, Americana, and the greater roots realm.
Adding new music to the inaugural list launched in early March is Lindi Ortega and the title track from her recently released and stripped-down four song EP called Til The Goin’ Gets Gone. Lillie Mae and her spirited new song “Honky Tonks and Taverns” makes the list. Paul Cauthen, the barrel-chested baritone and Johnny Cash soundalike has his late 2016 song “I’ll Be The One” added, and now that Marty Stuart has released his latest record Way Out West, his song “Air Mail Special” has been given top billing on the playlist.
Jason Isbell also just released the first song “Hope The High Road” from his upcoming album The Nashville Sound due June 16th. The uplifting and energetic track is indicative of the more rock direction Isbell has hinted the new album might lean toward, but still has enough of a Southern heart to be included on a country playlist.
You can find the updated playlist below, and a master list of the songs for those who don’t do the Spotify thing. The playlist is updated semi-regularly.
CLICK HERE to Follow Saving Country Music on Spotify.
Saving Country Music’s Top 25 Current Playlist
- “Air Mail Special” – Marty Stuart – Way Out West
- “Go On Lovin’ ” – Dori Freeman – Dori Freeman
- “I’ll Be The One” – Paul Cauthen – My Gospel
- “I Don’t Give a Shit” – Shinyribs – I Got Your Medicine
- “Wishing Well” – Jaime Wyatt – Felony Blues
- “Barabbas” – Jason Eady – Jason Eady
- “Cairo, IL” – Natalie Hemby – Puxico
- “Missing” – William Michael Morgan – Vinyl
- “Hope The High Road” – Jason Isbell – The Nashville Sound
- “My Boots” – Whitney Rose – South Texas Suite
- “Solving Problems” – Brent Cobb – Shine On A Rainy Day
- “Neon Jail” – Ags Connolly – Nothin’ Unexpected
- “Honky Tonks and Taverns” – Lillie Mae – Honky Tonk and Taverns
- “Bottle By My Bed” – Sunny Sweeney – Trophy
- “My Boat” – Tift Merritt – Stitch of the World
- “The Dogs” – Justin Wells – Dawn in the Distance
- “I’m Not The Devil” – Cody Jinks – I’m Not The Devil
- “Needle Fall Down” – Union Sound Treaty – Next Year
- “Put The Fire Out” – Courtney Marie Andrews – Honest Life
- “Too Much Is Never Enough” – AJ Hobbs – Too Much Is Never Enough
- “Til the Goin’ Gets Gone” – Lindi Ortega – Til the Goin’ Gets Gone
- “Night Life” – Hickoids – The Out of Towners
- She Don’t Honky Tonk No More” – Ronnie Dunn – Tattooed Heart
- “Fishing Alone” – Erik Dylan – Heart of a Flatland Boy
- “Waiting For The Thunder” – Blackberry Smoke – Like An Arrow
March 24, 2017 @ 8:37 am
HOW DID I NOT KNOW YOU MAKE PLAYLISTS!!!!! this rotating top 25 makes me so frickin’ happy.
March 24, 2017 @ 9:48 am
This is probably the best and easiest way to discover GREAT new music. Thanks so much for doing this. Hugely appreciated!
March 24, 2017 @ 12:21 pm
In addition to being a lot of great music, it’s quite a variety – bluegrass, western, southern rock,etc. I saw four on your list last week (twice each), and Marty last month, so this is right in my wheelhouse.
March 24, 2017 @ 5:26 pm
Apple Music list?
March 24, 2017 @ 6:10 pm
Thanks a lot, this is great
she yusta luv Lil Dale alot
March 25, 2017 @ 6:54 am
(G) (Em) (C)
trigg I like yur storys boy but u mite as well change
(D) (C) (D) (G)
the name of the web site to boring country music dot
to meny sissys n this lot
wares the folks that rock?
(F) (G) (C)
probly at the luke brian consert
just a lil sumthin Ive ben wurkin on thank u
March 25, 2017 @ 3:54 pm
I’m curious Trig if you’ve heard Kelleigh Bannen’s new one “Church Clothes” and if so what you think? She tends to lean a bit pop, but that particular song strikes me as an incredibly honest song.
March 25, 2017 @ 4:30 pm
I may review that song at some point. I don’t think it’s right for a playlist like this with the electronic drum beat at the beginning and such. I’m not sure how I feel about it honestly.
March 26, 2017 @ 10:39 am
Thank you to SCM for the continued support!
March 26, 2017 @ 2:10 pm
These songs range from good, to outstanding…..
Lillie Mae, love that tune…. reminds me a bit of Pam Gadd.
March 26, 2017 @ 6:02 pm
I am listening to Marty’s new CD and it is bad ass. Great !!
David in SoCal
April 16, 2017 @ 11:55 am
I just discovered this today and downloaded Spotify just to be able to follow (I was number 955 on the followers list). Thanks for doing this! Some of the new stuff penetrates into SiriusXM Outlaw Country but I admit I gotta switch that off when Mojo Nixon or Johnny Knoxville is on and I won’t play the foul-mouthed ditz persona of Elizabeth Cook when my kids are in the car.