As we get near the end of the year and the amount of new releases begins to slow down, it allows us to look forward at what might be ahead for 2019. One artist and album that is already emerging to be on the lookout for is Charles Wesley Godwin‘s Seneca that is due to be released on February 15th, 2019. Saving Country Music strongly praised Godwin while he was with his previous band Union Sound Treaty as an artist we could expect to hear from in the years to come.
If the early indications are true, the West Virginia native could slide right in there with artists like Tyler Childers and Colter Wall as one of the most authentic voices of the current era. Goodwin’s song “Coal Country” is just a taste of what we may get from what could be a very important artist in 2019.
Another project that will be on many people’s radar is a new record from Della Mae. They wet our whistle with a lively, snappy song called “Bourbon Hound,” that also has Molly Tuttle and Avril Smith guesting on the track. This is swingin’ string-band goodness with excellent instrumentation.
Also helping to put an exclamation point at the end of 2018, Sarah Shook and the Disarmers who are up for Saving Country Music’s Album of the Year for Years have just released two new tracks from the same studio session. The vinyl of The Way She Looked At You / Devil May Care was released a few weeks ago, and just recently populated via streaming services. These songs were good enough to have made the final cut of the record if they would have so chosen, and “The Way She Looked At You” makes the latest playlist update.
– – – – – – – –
The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist primarily lives on Spotify, but is also available for those who use Google Play, and on Apple Music thanks to Country Exclusive. For those who don’t stream music, you can still find the song recommendations in list form below.
Saving Country Music’s Top 25 Current Playlist:
- “Coal Country” – Charles Wesley Godwin – Seneca (out 2-15-19)
- “Natural Disaster” – Dillon Carmichael – Hell On An Angel
- “Bourbon Hound” – Della Mae w/ Molly Tuttle, Avril Smith – (single)
- “Good and Drunk” – Ward Davis – Asunder EP
- “Around Here” – Whitey Morgan and the 78’s – Hard Times and White Lines
- “The One That You Love” – Comanche Moon – Country Music Deathstar
- “If I Can Make Texas Tonite” – Tom Buller – When A Country Boy Gets the Blues
- “Walking On Water” – Nick Dittmeier & the Sawdusters – All Damn Day
- “Living Room” – Brian Callihan – (single)
- “The Way She Looked At You” – Sarah Shook and the Disarmers – (single)
- “Raisin’ Cotton” – Colter Wall – Texas Cotton (Soundtrack)
- “Viki Lynn” – Lauren Morrow – Self-Titled EP
- “Cheyenne” – Pistol Annies – Interstate Gospel
- “Brokenhearted” – William Michael Morgan – (single)
- “Pickup Cowboy” – Jonathan Byrd & The Pickup Cowboys – Pickup Cowboy
- “Slow Kill” – Kristina Murray – Southern Ambrosia
- “Death & Life” – Jamie Lin Wilson – Jumping Over Rocks
- “Bad Time To Be An Outlaw” – The Bottle Rockets – Bit Logic
- “Die From A Broken Heart” – Maddie & Tae – (single)
- “Old News” – The Steel Woods – Old News
- “Is It Cheating” – Belle Plaine w/ Colter Wall – Malice, Mercy, Grief, and Wrath
- “Red And Gold” – The Brother Brothers – Some People I Know
- “JP’s Florida Blues #1” – JP Harris – Sometimes Dogs Bark At Nothing
- “Better Boat” – Kenny Chesney (ft. Mindy Smith) – Songs for the Saints
- “She Don’t Love Me” – Adam Hood (w/ Brent Cobb) – Somewhere In Between
- “Ruby’s Stool” – Loretta Lynn – Wouldn’t It Be Great