The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist is built to keep you informed on all the best songs and albums coming out right here, right now in country and roots music. It’s available on most all streaming formats (see below), or you can just use the song, artist, and album recommendations to find something new to listen to. New songs just added.
El Dorodo – “Life of Sin” – So basically, elements of Tyler Childers’ backing band The Foodstamps have just released a (surprise?) album on Tyler’s Hickman Holler Records called Unincorporated, and few if anyone knows about it. Lucky for you, you’re dialed in to Saving Country Music, and so you’re the first to know. More info about this band and their debut album soon.
Jonathan Peyton – “Denial” – As first heard in the parking lot of Zach Bryan’s Red Rocks show after his opening set was cut due to a snow storm, Jonathan Peyton has released the first taste of a Sadler Vaden-produced project, showing off his superior writing skills behind thought-proving sentiments.
Molly Tuttle – “Dire Wolf” – A bonus track off the recently-released Deluxe Edition of her excellent album Crooked Tree, bluegrass maestro Molly Tuttle traces her influences back to this iconic Grateful Dead song from their landmark country album Workingman’s Dead.
Myron Elkins – “Wrong Side of the River” – He’s only 21, by Myron Elkins sounds like some 70-year-old cat in polyester butterfly collars crooning out stories of blood and bruises through a voice eroded from decades of unfiltered Kool menthols, and enough drams of whiskey down the gullet to match the water displacement of an oil tanker. His new album Factories, Farms and Amphetamines is one of the best early realeases of 2023.
Michael Cleveland with Billy Strings – “For Your Love” – Perhaps the greatest fiddle player on the planet joins forces with perhaps the greatest bluegrass guitar player on the planet, and as you can imagine, greatness ensues, especially with the other cast of characters assembled around them. Michael Cleveland’s highly collaborative new album Lovin’ of the Game is out on March 3rd.
Elijah Ocean – “Middle of a King-Sized Bed” – Really great traditional country songwriting here from this Elijah Ocean single, and coupled perfectly with a traditional country sound.
Pony Bradshaw – “Holler Rose” – From one of the most profoundly literary songwriters around, Pony Bradshaw has folks singing the praises of his new album North Georgia Round not just for the writing, but the strong sense of melody he brings to the record, perhaps exemplified best in “Holler Rose.”
– – – – – – – – – –
The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist primarily lives on Spotify, but is also available for those who use Amazon Music, YouTube, Apple Music, and Tidal. For those who don’t stream music, you can still find the song recommendations in list form below.
CLICK HERE to follow Saving Country Music on Spotify, and/or follow the Spotify Top 25 Playlist.
Please Note: The songs on this playlist are curated for listening pleasure and flow. Otherwise, they are not in any specific order.
Saving Country Music’s Top 25 Current Playlist:
- “Wrong Side of the River” – Myron Elkins – Factories, Farms, and Amphetamines
- “Jersey Giant” – Elle King – Come Get Your Wife
- “Life of Sin” – El Dorodo – Unincorporated
- “.38 Special” – Rattlesnake Milk – Chicken Fried Snake
- “For Your Love” – Michael Cleveland with Billy Strings – Lovin’ Of The Game (3-3)
- “Straight Up Country Music” – Wylie & The Wild West – Bunchgrass
- “I Dream Of You” – Kimmi Bitter – (single)
- “Camioneta” – Wynchester – (single)
- “Holler Rose” – Pony Bradshaw – North Georgia Rounder
- “Neon Night” – Jered Ames – (single)
- “Denial” – Jonathan Peyton – (single)
- “Let It Play” – Kasey Lee Rogers – (single)
- “Dire Wolf” – Molly Tuttle & Golden Highway – Crooked Tree (Deluxe Edition)
- “Dig A Little Deeper In The Well” – Dailey & Vincent – Let’s Sing Some Country!
- “Kentucky Blue” – Brit Taylor – Kentucky Blue (2-3-23)
- “Final Stages of Hank” – Zachariah Malachi – Local Bar Opry Star
- “Country Star” – Marty Stuart and His Fabulous Superlatives – (single)
- “Back to the Honky Tonks” – Wesley Hanna – Brand New Love Potion
- “Blues Comin’ On – Channing Wilson – (single)
- “If The Loneliness Don’t Kill Me” – Whitehorse – I’m Not Crying You’re Crying
- “I Found Trouble” – Teague Brothers Band – Love and War
- “Middle of a King-Sized Bed” – Elijah Ocean – (single)
- “The Rooster And The Hen” – Emily Nenni – On The Ranch
- “Rock Bottom” – Alex Williams – Waging Peace
- “I Was The Train” – Adam Pope w/ James Carothers – (single)
- “Something Good” – Felicity Urquhart, Josh Cunningham – (single)