The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist is built to keep you informed on all the best songs and albums coming out right here, right now in country and roots music. It’s available on most all streaming formats (see below), or you can just use the song, artist, and album recommendations to find something new to listen to. New songs have just been added.
EDITOR’S NOTE: Google Play will soon be fazing out and rolled into YouTube Music. The playlist will continue to be supported on Google Play for the moment, but eventually will be going away along with the service, so please make preparations.
Arlo McKinley – “Bag of Pills” – Not every playlist update gets a song that may end up getting nominated for Song of the Year. Many consider Arlo McKinley’s new album Die Midwestern the leader in the clubhouse for Album of the Year. Either way, it all should be on your radar as potentially some of the best music of 2020.
Brennen Leigh – “Don’t You Know I’m From Here” – A song from Brennen Leigh’s upcoming new album Prairie Love Letter out September 18th, the record is inspired and centered around the area near the Minnesota and North Dakota border where she grew up. Produced by Robbie Fulks, this is one to keep an eye out for.
Wayd Battle – “Coal County War” – This songwriter and former band member for Jamey Johnson put a hell of a collection of songs together for his new album Powerless, and “Coal Country War” is a great example of his quality writing and road-worn vocals that make for some great country music.
Josh Turner (ft. Allison Moorer) – “Alone and Forsaken” – You have to be pretty brave to cover a Hank Williams song like this. But like Josh Turner proves over and over on his new country classics album Country State of Mind, he can take monster songs and make them all his own with his one-in-a-million voice and true country approach.
Mo Pitney – “Mattress on the Floor” – Superbly-written song that young couples can relate to, and older couples can reminisce upon, it’s the perfect illustration of the most important aspect of love. Off Pitney’s new album Ain’t Lookin’ Back.
– – – – – – – – – –
The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist primarily lives on Spotify, but is also available for those who use Amazon Music, YouTube, Google Play, Tidal, and on Apple Music thanks to Country Exclusive. For those who don’t stream music, you can still find the song recommendations in list form below.
CLICK HERE to follow Saving Country Music on Spotify, and/or follow the Spotify Top 25 Playlist.
Please Note: The songs on this playlist are curated for listening pleasure and flow. Otherwise, they are not in any specific order.
Saving Country Music’s Top 25 Current Playlist:
- “Black & Blue” – Zephaniah OHora – Listening to the Music (8-28)
- “Cowpoke” – Colter Wall – Western Swing & Waltzes (8-28)
- “Coal County War” – Wayd Battle – Powerless
- “Don’t You Know I’m From Here” – Brennen Leigh – Prairie Love Letter (9-18)
- “Passing Through” – Arna Georgia – Yes Girl
- “Run Horse Run” – Charley Crockett – Welcome To Hard Times
- “The Time For Flowers” – Emily Scott Robinson – (single)
- “Alone and Forsaken” – Josh Turner – Country State of Mind
- “Bottom of the Pile” – Mike and the Moonpies – Touch of You: The Lost Songs of Gary Stewart
- “Neon Cross” – Jaime Wyatt – Neon Cross
- “Bag of Pills” – Arlo McKinley – Die Midwestern
- “Dave Dudley” – Rattlesnake Milk – Self-Titled
- “Lord, I Hope This Day Is Good” – Caylee Hammack w/ Alan Jackson – (single)
- “Evergreen” – Hill Country – Self-Titled
- “Fool’s Love Affair” – Randy Travis – (single)
- “River of Fools” – Logan Ledger – (single)
- “Space And Time” – S.G. Goodman – Old Time Feeling
- “Stray Dogs” – Tennessee Jet – The Country (9-4)
- “Mattress on the Floor” – Mo Pitney – Ain’t Lookin’ Back
- “Road Runner” – Vincent Neil Emerson feat. Colter Wall – (single)
- “Honky Tonk Woman” – Victoria Bailey – Jesus, Red Wine & Patsy Cline (TBA)
- “Break My Honky Tonk Heart” – Scott Southworth – These Old Bones
- “Pink Leather Boots” – Karen Jonas – The Southwest Sky and Other Dreams (8-28)
- “The Dream” – Lori McKenna – The Balladeer
- “Burn My Bridges” – Michaela Anne – (single)