The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist is built to keep you informed on all the best songs and albums coming out right here, right now in country and roots music. It’s available on most all streaming formats (see below), or you can just use the song, artist, and album recommendations to find something new to listen to. New songs have just been added.
EDITOR’S NOTE: For Apple Music users, please not the new URL for the Apple Playlist. Also, Google Play will soon be fazing out and rolled into YouTube Music. This will be the final playlist update that incorporates Google Play, so please make preparations.
The Reeves Brothers – “100 Proof Honky-Tonk” – Matt and Cole Reeves from Nevada have just released a new album called The Last Honky-Tonk, and the opening track is just about all you need to get to feeling right with its honky-tonk piano, a backup chorus, and half-time breakdowns.
Victoria Bailey – “Skid Row” – This California native is here to help save country music’s California roots by revitalizing the legacy of the silver screen cowgirls and the Bakersfield Sound with her new album Jesus, Red Wine and Patsy Cline. “Skid Row” spells out her mission perfectly.
Drew Moreland – “Hanging Tree” – Off his recent EP Feeling Good Again named after the Robert Earl Keen song, “Hanging Tree” is a great showcase of songwriting from this Texas-based performer.
Tyler Childers – “Bonaparte’s Retreat” – Tyler’s surprise album of fiddle standards Long Violent History is not exactly a groundbreaking work of the discipline as it is capturing a burgeoning country superstar doing something to reconnect to his roots. But his take on “Bonaparte’s Retreat” is just about perfect.
Matt Castillo – “Say It” – Very infectious hard country track with excellent guitar work, it’s a great vehicle to introduce you to this squared-away Texas performer we’re likely to hear much more from in the coming months and years.
Juliet McConkey – “Disappearing Girl” – Native Virginian Juliet McConkey has announced her presence in the Texas music scene and beyond with her debut album of the same name. She immediately ranks near the top of the songwriter depth charts, with a great voice to compliment her original compositions.
– – – – – – – – – –
The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist primarily lives on Spotify, but is also available for those who use Amazon Music, YouTube, Google Play, Tidal, and on Apple Music. For those who don’t stream music, you can still find the song recommendations in list form below.
CLICK HERE to follow Saving Country Music on Spotify, and/or follow the Spotify Top 25 Playlist.
Please Note: The songs on this playlist are curated for listening pleasure and flow. Otherwise, they are not in any specific order.
Saving Country Music’s Top 25 Current Playlist:
- “100 Proof Honky-Tonk” – The Reeves Brothers – The Last Honky Tonk
- “Black & Blue” – Zephaniah OHora – Listening to the Music
- “Skid Row” – Victoria Bailey – Jesus, Red Wine & Patsy Cline
- “Say It – Matt Castillo – (single)
- “Cowpoke” – Colter Wall – Western Swing & Waltzes
- “Hanging Tree” – Drew Moreland – Feeling Good Again EP
- “Don’t You Know I’m From Here” – Brennen Leigh – Prairie Love Letter
- “Coal County War” – Wayd Battle – Powerless
- “Passing Through” – Arna Georgia – Yes Girl
- “Run Horse Run” – Charley Crockett – Welcome To Hard Times
- “The Time For Flowers” – Emily Scott Robinson – (single)
- “Alone and Forsaken” – Josh Turner – Country State of Mind
- “Bag of Pills” – Arlo McKinley – Die Midwestern
- “Dave Dudley” – Rattlesnake Milk – Self-Titled
- “Lord, I Hope This Day Is Good” – Caylee Hammack w/ Alan Jackson – (single)
- “Fool’s Love Affair” – Randy Travis – (single)
- “Stray Dogs” – Tennessee Jet – The Country (9-4)
- “Mattress on the Floor” – Mo Pitney – Ain’t Lookin’ Back
- “Road Runner” – Vincent Neil Emerson feat. Colter Wall – (single)
- “Disappearing Girl” – Juliette McConkey – Disappearing Girl
- “Break My Honky Tonk Heart” – Scott Southworth – These Old Bones
- “Pink Leather Boots” – Karen Jonas – The Southwest Sky and Other Dreams
- “Bottom of the Pile” – Mike and the Moonpies – Touch of You: The Lost Songs of Gary Stewart
- “The Dream” – Lori McKenna – The Balladeer
- “Bonaparte’s Retreat – Tyler Childers – Long Violent History