The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist is built to keep you informed on all the best songs and albums coming out right here, right now in country and roots music. It’s available on most all streaming formats (see below), or you can just use the song, artist, and album recommendations to find something new to listen to. New songs have just been added.
EDITOR’S NOTE: Due to Google Play being shut down soon and rolled into YouTube, the playlist is no longer being supported on that format. Also, the playlist is no longer officially being supported on Apple Music due to their completely unintuitive playlist building system.
Sunny Sweeney – “Body in a Boxcar” – Sunny has a new album coming out on November 13th called Recorded Live at the Machine Shop, and though it includes mostly songs that Sunny has released in the past, this is the first proper recording of this honky-tonk scorcher fans are getting to hear. Hold on tight because it’s a fun one.
Rachel Brooke – “The Loneliness in Me” – The Queen of Underground Country is back in all of her glory with her first solo effort in eight years coming out October 23rd, and if the early singles from the record are any indication, it’s cool, it’s country, and it includes that little tinge of Gothic darkness that makes Rachel Brooke unique in the country realm. The title track to the record has just been added to the playlist.
Roo Arcus – “Tumbleweed” – One of the best traditional country artists from Australia is back with his first record in five years, and man is the title track just about the perfect introduction to Roo if it’s your first time hearing him. Great songwriting, and a George Strait sound.
Brent Cobb ft. Nikki Lane – “Soapbox” – Brent Cobb and Nikki Lane join forces to tell you to quit with all the fuzz and friction and get along out there in this duet from Cobb’s latest record, Keep ‘Em On They Toes. All kinds of laid back vibes on this track.
David Adam Byrnes – “Beer Bucket List” – David Adam Byrnes is getting lots of positive buzz for his brand new record Neon Town, and “Beer Bucket List” is a great showcase of his traditional country sound mixed with sensible songwriting.
– – – – – – – – – –
The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist primarily lives on Spotify, but is also available for those who use Amazon Music, YouTube, Google Play, and Tidal. For those who don’t stream music, you can still find the song recommendations in list form below.
CLICK HERE to follow Saving Country Music on Spotify, and/or follow the Spotify Top 25 Playlist.
Please Note: The songs on this playlist are curated for listening pleasure and flow. Otherwise, they are not in any specific order.
Saving Country Music’s Top 25 Current Playlist:
- “Body in a Boxcar” – Sunny Sweeney – Recorded Live at the Machine Shop (11-13)
- “100 Proof Honky-Tonk” – The Reeves Brothers – The Last Honky Tonk
- “Skid Row” – Victoria Bailey – Jesus, Red Wine & Patsy Cline
- “Beer Bucket List” – David Adam Byrnes – Neon Town
- “Don’t You Know I’m From Here” – Brennen Leigh – Prairie Love Letter
- “Tumbleweed” – Roo Arcus – Tumbleweed
- “Cowpoke” – Colter Wall – Western Swing & Waltzes
- “Hanging Tree” – Drew Moreland – Feeling Good Again EP
- “Say It – Matt Castillo – (single)
- “Black & Blue” – Zephaniah OHora – Listening to the Music
- “Run Horse Run” – Charley Crockett – Welcome To Hard Times
- “Bag of Pills” – Arlo McKinley – Die Midwestern
- “Coal County War” – Wayd Battle – Powerless
- “The Loneliness in Me” – Rachel Brooke – The Loneliness in Me (10-23)
- “Dave Dudley” – Rattlesnake Milk – Self-Titled
- “Lord, I Hope This Day Is Good” – Caylee Hammack w/ Alan Jackson – (single)
- “Stray Dogs” – Tennessee Jet – The Country
- “The Time For Flowers” – Emily Scott Robinson – (single)
- “Mattress on the Floor” – Mo Pitney – Ain’t Lookin’ Back
- “Disappearing Girl” – Juliette McConkey – Disappearing Girl
- “Break My Honky Tonk Heart” – Scott Southworth – These Old Bones
- “Pink Leather Boots” – Karen Jonas – The Southwest Sky and Other Dreams
- “Soapbox” – Brent Cobb ft. Nikki Lane – Keep ‘Em On They Toes
- “The Dream” – Lori McKenna – The Balladeer
- “Bonaparte’s Retreat – Tyler Childers – Long Violent History