The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist is built to keep you informed on all the best songs and albums coming out right here, right now in country and roots music. It’s available on most all streaming formats (see below), or you can just use the song, artist, and album recommendations to find something new to listen to. New songs have just been added.
Melissa Carper – “Makin’ Memories” – What a great throwback tune this is from the venerable Melissa Carper who has been entertaining for years from behind the upright bass in a number of different outfits, including The Carper Family, and the duo The Buffalo Gals. Co-produced by Dennis Crouch of The Time Jumpers, “Makin’ Memories” gets you super excited for Melissa’s solo record Daddy’s Country Gold due out March 19th.
Luke Bell – “Jealous Guy” – Luke Bell has been one of the most authentic voices to emerge in country music in the last decade, and one of the most elusive performers over the past few years. First recorded in 2016 around the release of his self-titled album as a standalone acoustic performance for Amazon, Luke Bell’s cover of John Lennon’s “Jealous Guy” might not be the debut single from a new album many are hoping for, but anything new with Luke Bell’s name on it is welcome. (read more)
Uncle Ben’s Remedy – “Drink To Remember” – From western New York, where the rural route meets the rust belt, the blistery north wind brings lake-effect blizzards that curl your toes and cut to the bone, and rock & roll intertwines with redneck music to inspire local kids with little hope of making it otherwise to bust their knuckles putting emotions into hard-edged songs, that’s how you get a blue collar band like Uncle Ben’s Remedy. From their recent release Easy Ways to Here.
Conrad Fisher – “Hello Good Times” – There are a lot of great tracks on this Pennsylvania songwriter’s debut record Homemade, but this one might be the most fun, sending you right back to the the early era of Bakersfield country with this style and approach. It’s good times for sure.
Dale Watson – “Hernando’s Swang” – Dale Watson is digging even deeper into his recently-established Memphis roots, and presenting the first ever instrumental album in his prolific career when he releases The Memphians on February 26th. First relocating part-time to Memphis in 2017, Watson has since established himself as an important revivalist and preservationist in the “Home of the Blues and the Birthplace of Rock ’n’ Roll.” Exploring the rich sounds of the city’s history is what the new record is all about. (read more)
– – – – – – – – – –
The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist primarily lives on Spotify, but is also available for those who use Amazon Music, YouTube, Apple Music, and Tidal. For those who don’t stream music, you can still find the song recommendations in list form below.
CLICK HERE to follow Saving Country Music on Spotify, and/or follow the Spotify Top 25 Playlist.
Please Note: The songs on this playlist are curated for listening pleasure and flow. Otherwise, they are not in any specific order.
Saving Country Music’s Top 25 Current Playlist:
- “If I Didn’t Love You” – Max Flinn – Meant to Be (3-5)
- “Makin’ Memories” – Melissa Carper – Daddy’s Country Gold (3-19)
- “Hello Good Times” – Conrad Fisher – Homemade
- “Fillin’ My Cup” – Hailey Whitters (feat. Little Big Town) – Living The Dream (2-26)
- “In Came You” – The Piedmont Boys – Almost Home
- “Too Bad You’re No Good” – Alecia Nugent – The Old Side of Town
- “Drink To Remember” – Uncle Ben’s Remedy – Easy Ways To Here
- “Ain’t Got The Time” – The Dimestore Cowboys – The Dimestore Cowboys
- “You’re Not in the Picture Anymore” – Craig Gerdes – (single)
- “Fly” – Jordan Allen & the Bellwethers – Give My Love to Jenny
- “Time’s a Wastin’” – Richard Schroder – (single)
- “Lonely, Lonely Self” – Seth Jones – Whiskey Attitude
- “Nothing Said It All” – Tommy Buller – (single)
- “Why’d Ya Do It” – Sierra Ferrell – (single)
- “I Don’t Mind” – Sturgill Simpson – Cuttin’ Grass Vol. 1
- “I Can Help” – Charley Crockett – The Next Waltz Vol. 3
- “Jealous Guy” – Luke Bell – (single)
- “I’ve Been Around” – Marty Stuart – Johnny Cash: Forever Words Expanded
- “Threads” – Ward Davis – Black Cats and Crows
- “Takin’ It As It Comes” – Randall King – (single)
- “Crooked Teeth” – Zach Bryan – Quiet, Heavy Dreams
- “Dying Breed” – The Divorcees – Drop of Blood
- “Will You” – Vivian Leva, Riley Calcagno – Self-Titled (3-12)
- “Somewhere in the Middle (Live)” – Cody Jinks – Red Rocks Live
- “Champion” – Miranda Lambert – Make It Up As We Go Soundtrack
- “Hernando’s Swang” – Dale Watson – The Memphians (2-26)