The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist is built to keep you informed on all the best songs and albums coming out right here, right now in country and roots music. It’s available on most all streaming formats (see below), or you can just use the song, artist, and album recommendations to find something new to listen to. New songs have just been added.
Charlie Marie – “Heard It Through The Red Wine” – “I wanted the record to sound like if Patsy Cline and Dwight Yoakam had a child,” Charlie Marie says about her upcoming record Ramble On due out May 7th. And as she proved with her 2019 EP, she has both the pipes and the disposition to pull off some of the most classic-sounding country you can find in the modern context.
John PayCheck – “Lone Stars” – Johnny PayCheck’s son John is here to pay his father’s legacy forward and try to forge one of his own, and the song “Lone Stars” proves he’s got the chops to do it. Expect to hear more from him in the coming months. (read more)
Mac Leaphart – “Blame on the Bottle” and “That Train” – Songwriter Mac Leaphart very well might be the leader in the clubhouse at the moment for Album of the Year contention, and that’s why not one, but two songs have just been added to the playlist from it—including the twist on the country drinking song, “Blame on the Bottle,” and the extended country folk rock jam to lose yourself in, “That Train.”
Bobby Dove feat. Jim Cuddy – “Chance in Hell” – Canadian Bobby Dove has folks raving about the traditional country sound of new album Hopeless Romantic, and this song with Canadian legend Jim Cuddy is just about the perfect introduction. Country music is alive and well!
Lainey Wilson – “Things A Man Oughta Know” – Lainey Wilson is quickly emerging as a bright spot in the mainstream, and it was recently announced this song from her recent album Sayin’ What I’m Thinkin’ will receive iHeartRadio’s “On The Verge” treatment, which has the capacity to launch artists into stardom. All the more reason to throw full-throated support behind it.
Jack Ingram, Miranda Lambert, Jon Randall – “In His Arms” – Crude recordings from this troika’s work tapes as they hung out outside of Marfa, TX and brainstormed songs have been sitting on Miranda’s phone for a while. And wanting to get them out into the world, she will be releasing them on The Marfa Tapes on May 7th. “In His Arms” is the first taste, and it shows what kind of magic can be captured when inspiration hits, and layers of production don’t get in the way. (read more)
– – – – – – – – – –
The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist primarily lives on Spotify, but is also available for those who use Amazon Music, YouTube, Apple Music, and Tidal. For those who don’t stream music, you can still find the song recommendations in list form below.
CLICK HERE to follow Saving Country Music on Spotify, and/or follow the Spotify Top 25 Playlist.
Please Note: The songs on this playlist are curated for listening pleasure and flow. Otherwise, they are not in any specific order.
Saving Country Music’s Top 25 Current Playlist:
- “How Lucky Am I” – Kaitlin Butts – (single)
- “If I Didn’t Love You” – Max Flinn – Meant to Be
- “Blame on the Bottle” – Mac Leaphart – Music City Joke
- “Chance in Hell” – Bobby Dove ft. Jim Cuddy – Hopeless Romantic
- “Lone Stars” – John PayCheck – (single)
- “Heard It Through The Red Wine” – Charlie Marie – Ramble On (5-7)
- “Gallows” – The Barlow – Horseshoe Lounge
- “Makin’ Memories” – Melissa Carper – Daddy’s Country Gold (3-19)
- “Hello Good Times” – Conrad Fisher – Homemade
- “Calling Me Home” – Rhiannon Giddens feat. Francesco Turrisi – They’re Calling Me Home (4-9)
- “In Came You” – The Piedmont Boys – Almost Home
- “Fillin’ My Cup” – Hailey Whitters (feat. Little Big Town) – Living The Dream
- “Drink To Remember” – Uncle Ben’s Remedy – Easy Ways To Here
- “Things A Man Oughta Know” – Lainey Wilson – Sayin’ What I’m Thinkin’
- “Ain’t Got The Time” – The Dimestore Cowboys – The Dimestore Cowboys
- “That Train” – Mac Leaphart – Music City Joke
- “Nothing Said It All” – Tommy Buller – (single)
- “I Can Help” – Charley Crockett – The Next Waltz Vol. 3
- “Jealous Guy” – Luke Bell – (single)
- “Take Me Away” – Morgan Wade – Reckless (3-19)
- “I’ve Been Around” – Marty Stuart – Johnny Cash: Forever Words Expanded
- “Sawin’ Logs – Dillon Carmichael – (single)
- “Dying Breed” – The Divorcees – Drop of Blood
- “Will You” – Vivian Leva, Riley Calcagno – Self-Titled (3-12)
- “Somewhere in the Middle (Live)” – Cody Jinks – Red Rocks Live
- “In His Arms – Jack Ingram, Miranda Lambert, Jon Randall – The Marfa Tapes (5-7)