The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist is built to keep you informed on all the best songs and albums coming out right here, right now in country and roots music. It’s available on most all streaming formats (see below), or you can just use the song, artist, and album recommendations to find something new to listen to. New songs have just been added.
Melissa Carper – “Arkansas Hills” – Everyone who’s put an ear on Melissa Carper’s new album Daddy’s Country Gold can’t stop raving about her throwback country sound and the incredible voice she brings to these original compositions. Carper’s position in the Top 25 Playlist is freshened with this great little tune about returning home.
LoneHollow – “Not Today” – Get this gritty and country duo comprised of singer Rylie Bourne and guitarist Damon Atkins on your radar now. The debut singles from their upcoming self-titled EP out April 9th have been killer.
Charley Crockett – “Midnight Run” – Charley Crockett’s recent tribute record to James “Slim” Hand is a testament to just how serious he is in preserving country music’s roots, and his take on “Midnight Run” is converting folks just becoming familiar with James’s legacy into fans.
Blackberry Smoke – “Hey Delilah” – These country and Southern Rock stalwarts brought on a couple of new members ahead of their new album You Hear Georgia coming out on May 28, and also enlisted the help of The Black Bettys, resulting in the more fleshed-out feel of this early album track.
Rob Leines – “All I Need” – Lock your doors and hide your daughters, ’cause this booze hounding, womanizing, honky-tonking and hard rocking country music son-of-a-bitch is blowing through your municipality like a long track tornado, and if he doesn’t charm you with his silver tongue, he just might slay you with his Telecaster. New album Blood, Sweat and Beers out now.
Daniel Young – “Muskrat Mud Shuffle” – We sure don’t have enough steel guitar rags out there in country music these days, and no offense to the rest of Daniel Young’s new album The World Ain’t Gonna Wait because it’s worth seeking out, but “Muskrat Mud Shuffle” is the perfect change of gears for the playlist.
Samantha Crain – “Bloomsday” – Every once in a while a song comes along that leaves you so haunted, you can’t stop listening, and even when you do, the lines and melody linger in your mind indefinitely, and influence your entire perspective on life. “Bloomsday” from Samantha Crain’s upcoming EP I Guess We Live Here Now (4-9) is one of those songs.
Vivian Leva, Riley Calcagno – “Leaving On Our Minds” – The new self-titled album from this old-time duo was surprisingly country, and their spot on the playlist is freshened with this excellent country tune. It’s the chemistry of Vivian and Riley that intermingles into a roots music symphony of two.
Jason Eady – “Back To Normal” – “I wanted to write about how, when things get disrupted, you can never really return to the way they were before,” says Eady. “No matter how big or small that disruption is, you have to accept that change is a fundamental part of life, and just keep moving forward.” (read more)
– – – – – – – – – –
The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist primarily lives on Spotify, but is also available for those who use Amazon Music, YouTube, Apple Music, and Tidal. For those who don’t stream music, you can still find the song recommendations in list form below.
CLICK HERE to follow Saving Country Music on Spotify, and/or follow the Spotify Top 25 Playlist.
Please Note: The songs on this playlist are curated for listening pleasure and flow. Otherwise, they are not in any specific order.
Saving Country Music’s Top 25 Current Playlist:
- “Heard It Through The Red Wine” – Charlie Marie – Ramble On (5-7)
- “All I Need” – Rob Leines – Blood, Sweat and Beers
- “Arkansas Hills” – Melissa Carper – Daddy’s Country Gold
- “Midnight Run” – Charley Crockett – 10 For Slim: Charley Crockett Sings James Hand
- “Not Today” – LoneHollow – Self-Titled EP (4-9)
- “Muskrat Mud Shuffle” – Daniel Young – The World Ain’t Gonna Wait
- “How Lucky Am I” – Kaitlin Butts – (single)
- “Blame on the Bottle” – Mac Leaphart – Music City Joke
- “If I Didn’t Love You” – Max Flinn – Meant to Be
- “Chance in Hell” – Bobby Dove ft. Jim Cuddy – Hopeless Romantic
- “Hey Delilah” – Blackberry Smoke – You Hear Georgia (5-28)
- “Lone Stars” – John PayCheck – (single)
- “Gallows” – The Barlow – Horseshoe Lounge
- “Calling Me Home” – Rhiannon Giddens feat. Francesco Turrisi – They’re Calling Me Home (4-9)
- “Hello Good Times” – Conrad Fisher – Homemade
- “Fillin’ My Cup” – Hailey Whitters (feat. Little Big Town) – Living The Dream
- “Take Me Away” – Morgan Wade – Reckless
- “Back to Normal” – Jason Eady – (single)
- “Things A Man Oughta Know” – Lainey Wilson – Sayin’ What I’m Thinkin’
- “Drink To Remember” – Uncle Ben’s Remedy – Easy Ways To Here
- “Leaving On Our Minds” – Vivian Leva, Riley Calcagno – Self-Titled
- “That Train” – Mac Leaphart – Music City Joke
- “Jealous Guy” – Luke Bell – (single)
- “Sawin’ Logs – Dillon Carmichael – (single)
- “Bloomsday” – Samantha Crain – I Guess We Live Here Now (4-9)
- “In His Arms – Jack Ingram, Miranda Lambert, Jon Randall – The Marfa Tapes (5-7)