It’s the 4th of July weekend! Don’t risk tanking your festivities by turning on some terrible corporate country radio station. Take a listen through the Top 25 Playlist that’s just been reinforced with a bunch of great new tunes from a bunch of top independent country artists.
The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist is built to keep you informed on all the best songs and albums coming out right here, right now in country and roots music. It’s available on most all streaming formats (see below), or you can just use the song, artist, and album recommendations to find something new to listen to.
Mike and the Moonpies – “Paycheck to Paycheck” – Leave it to Mike and the Moonpies to drop a single out of nowhere, and it be so good, it immediately deserves to lead the playlist. These boys are on fire.
Wilder Blue – “The Conversation” – Formerly called Hill Country, this supergroup helmed by Zane Williams and Paul Eason continue to deliver songs that immediately find appeal in a large audience from their savvy was of taking familiar-feeling melodies and hooks, and incorporate them into new, original songs.
Flatland Cavalry feat. Hailey Whitters – “…Meantime” – Flatland Cavalry left one of the best songs from their new album Welcome to Countryland for the last. “…Meantime” featuring Hailey Whitters. The steel guitar comes in hot on this one.
Tyller Gummersall – “Doggone Cowboy” – Tyller’s new album Lucky Guy has some great new original songs on it. But this rendition of “Doggone Cowboy” popularized by Marty Robbins and written by Joe T. Babcock is just too good to not include here.
Jason Eady – “French Summer Sun” – If there was a songwriter out there with the acumen and muster to bust through all the bleeding-heart platitudes and overwrought sentimentally that makes so many of these soldier songs immediately disposable, it would be him. And with the help of the equally-talented Drew Kennedy, they turn in a song that leaves you stunned, and blaming allergies for your red eyes. (read review)
Randall King – “Record High” – The only thing bad about this new Randall King song is that it’s not accompanied by the announcement of a new album yet. The guy can take just about anything and make it drip with country music goodness. He’s the closest thing we got at the moment to the next George Strait.
Vincent Neil Emerson – “High On Gettin’ By” – A lot of folks are talking about Vincent Neil Emerson’s new self-titled album as one of the best so far in 2021. If you haven’t given it a listen yet, now’s the time.
– – – – – – – – – –
The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist primarily lives on Spotify, but is also available for those who use Amazon Music, YouTube, Apple Music, and Tidal. For those who don’t stream music, you can still find the song recommendations in list form below.
CLICK HERE to follow Saving Country Music on Spotify, and/or follow the Spotify Top 25 Playlist.
Please Note: The songs on this playlist are curated for listening pleasure and flow. Otherwise, they are not in any specific order.
Saving Country Music’s Top 25 Current Playlist:
- “Paycheck to Paycheck” – Mike and the Moonpies – (single)
- “The Conversation – The Wilder Blue – (single)
- “Soul Train” – Charlie Marie – Ramble On
- “Doggone Cowboy” – Tyller Gummersall – Lucky Guy
- “High on Gettin’ By” – Vincent Neil Emerson – Self-Titled
- “My World Turns to Silver” – Brock Gonyea – Where My Heart Is
- “I’m Gonna Leave You” – Hannah Juanita – Hardliner
- “Pipe Dream” – Red Shahan – Javelina
- “Record High” – Randall King – (single)
- “…Meantime” – Flatland Cavalry feat. Hailey Whitters – Welcome to Countryland
- “Think I’ll Stay” – Jesse Daniel – Beyond These Walls (7-30)
- “Queen of My Double Wide Trailer” – American Aquarium – Slappers, Bangers, and Certified Twangers
- “Second Cup of Coffee” – Bo DePeña – It’s About to Get Western
- “Canola Fields” – James McMurtry – The Horses & the Hounds (8-20)
- “Wanderlust” – Nefesh Mountain – Songs For The Sparrows
- “You’re Luck She’s Lonely” – Summer Dean w/ Colter Wall – Bad Romantic (8-27)
- “French Summer Sun” – Jason Eady – To The Passages of Time (8-27)
- “Every Night I Burn Another Honky Tonk Down” – Dallas Moore – The Rain
- “Look Out Heart” – Connie Smith – The Cry of the Heart (8-20)
- “Just Don’t” – Shelby Lee Lowe – (single)
- “Lonesome for a Livin’” – Blackberry Smoke w/ Jamey Johnson – You Hear Georgia
- “Hard Out Here” – Justin Wells – (single)
- “Faustina” – John R. Miller – Depreciated (7-16)
- “Ill Will Creek” – Cole Chaney – Mercy
- “Way Down in My Whiskey” – Alan Jackson – Where Have You Gone
- “Am I Right or Amarillo” – Jack Ingram, Miranda Lambert, Jon Randall – The Marfa Tapes
- “Run On Ahead” – The Steel Woods – All of Your Stones