All Songs & Artists Featured on ‘Yellowstone’ Season 5 (Running Tab)
Scroll down for a full list of the artists and songs featured in each episode of Season 5 on Yellowstone (updated weekly).
– – – – – – – – – – –
Now in its 5th season, few need to be told just how important the soundtrack is to the blockbuster series Yellowstone, and few need to be told just how important getting a song on the soundtrack is to the artists and bands that are featured. Yellowstone has quite literally made careers for certain artists, sent other careers into the stratosphere, and been one of the biggest driving forces behind the recent success of independent artists in country music.
Yellowstone Season 5 promises to be no different, and may even be more instrumental in making careers than previous ones. With fast-rising country star Lainey Wilson joining the cast, and Shane Smith and the Saints being featured in a scene, there are already important music tie-ins to look forward to, not to mention the scores of artists whose music will make it into pivotal moments.
All the more reason to follow along with who and what is being featured in certain Yellowstone episodes. Below you can find a running tab of who and what is featured, and when. It will be updated weekly as new Yellowstone episodes air.
“Not a lot moves the needle these days. But this show moves the needle,” Hayes Carll said during a discussion and performance panel with Yellowstone‘s music Supervisor Andrea von Foerster earlier this year. Lainey Wilson added, “This is going to change my life. So I appreciate it.”
(See Season 4 Songs) (See Season 3 Songs) (See Season 2 Songs)
Episode 1 – “One Hundred Years is Nothing” – 11/13/2022
NOTE: Shane Smith and the Saints appear in this episode as well.
- Robert Earl Keen – “Shades of Grey” (Everyone hanging around the bunkhouse)
- Dolly Parton – “Mule Skinner Blues (Blue Yodel No. 8)” (Young Beth and Rip on a date)
- Zach Bryan – “Whiskey Fever” (In the bunkhouse)
- Shane Smith and the Saints – “Fire In the Ocean” (Shane Smith & the Saints sound check)
- Shane Smith and the Saints – “Alex” (John Dutton and Senator Perry talking in the dining tent)
- Shane Smith and the Saints – “Dance The Night Away” (Band plays, while the cowboys are in the pen)
- Hayes Carll – “Happy Hour” (Trucker listening to music)
Episode 2 – “The Sting of Wisdom – 11/13/2022
- Andy Ezrin, Chris Haijan – “Cosmopolitan” (At the Deerfield Club back bar)
- Fredrick Chopin – “Nocturne Op. 9-1 No. 1 In B Flat Minor” (At the Deerfield Club Lounge)
Episode 3 – “Tall Drink of Water” – 11/20/2022
- 49 Winchester – “Last Call” (At the bunkhouse)
- Vincent Neil Emerson – “Willie Nelson’s Wall” (Playing cards)
- Lainey Wilson – “Smell Like Smoke” (Abby at the Crystal Bar)
- Issac Hoskins – “Off The Wagon” (Issac Hoskins performs at the Crystal Bar)
Episode 4 – “Horses in Heaven” – 11/27/2022
- Bill Anschell – “Big Sky” (In the restaurant)
- Zach Bryan – “The Good I’ll Do” (Loading up the horses)
- Chris Hajian, Andrew Ezrin – “Cocktails For 2” (At Deerfield Club)
- Lainey Wilson – “New Friends” (Jamie and Sarah at the bar)
Episode 5 – “Watch’em Ride Away” – 12/4/2022
- Senora May w/ Chloe Edmonstone, Seth Avett – “Intertwine” (Looking at the mountain)
- Aubrie Sellers – “Far From Home” (Ending credits)
Episode 6 – “Cigarettes, Whiskey, a Meadow and Fog” – 12/11/2022
- Myron Elkins – “Wrong Side of the River” (Branding)
- Isaac Hoskins – “H-Town Turnaround” (Abby setting up for a performance)
- Myron Elkins – “Factories, Farms, & Amphetamines” (Branding the cows)
- Cody Jinks – “One Good Decision” (Talking politics in the arena)
- Lainey Wilson – “Watermelon Moonshine” (Abby plays at the ranch)
- Ryan Bingham – “Nobody Knows My Trouble” (Walker plays at the ranch)
- Lainey Wilson – “Hold My Halo” (Abby sings to Ryan)
Episode 7 – “The Dream Is Not Me” – 12/18/2022
NOTE: Zach Bryan also appears in this episode.
- Flatland Cavalry – “Mountain Song” (Cowboys get ready for the day)
- L.A. Edwards – “Let It Out” (Cattle branding)
- Zach Bryan – “Motorcycle Drive-By” (Zach Bryan performing at ranch)
- Zach Bryan – “Quittin’ Time” (At the county fair)
- Zach Bryan – “Summertime Blues” (Zach Bryan performs at County Fair)
Episode 8 – “A Knife and No Coin” – 1/1/2023
- Dwight Yoakam – “Fast As You”
- Zach Bryan – “Tishomingo”
- Will Boedeker & Colter Hampton – “A Song And You”
- Luke Grimes – “No Horse To Ride”
- Alex Williams – “No Reservations”
- more to come…
November 13, 2022 @ 8:38 pm
Might have more on this soon, but as predicted, Shane Smith ans the Saints were heavily featured in Episode 1. Let’s not forget, going in hard on Whiskey Myers and featuring them in a scene is one of the things that led to Whiskey Myers getting shot into orbit, and they now have multiple Certified Platinum singles. Too early to predict a similar outcome for Shane Smith, but it definitely is something to look out for.
Country Charley Crockett's Butter
November 13, 2022 @ 8:44 pm
Episode 2 is rumored to have “Tequila Little Time”
I can’t picture Kevin Costner at a Tequila Tiki Bar..
November 14, 2022 @ 9:55 am
: D Sure you can!
He was fun in, Tin Cup
November 14, 2022 @ 3:51 am
ah, my soap opera is back.
November 14, 2022 @ 10:22 am
Very happy for Shane Smith. Helluva band and they deserve a break like this. Hope it pays off.
November 14, 2022 @ 4:39 pm
Lack of comments really show how much this show is losing steam due to its ridiculous but lovable ways!
November 14, 2022 @ 6:47 pm
Not a lot of comments, but there has been a lot of interest. I wouldn’t count the show out just yet.
Country Charley Crockett's Butter
November 14, 2022 @ 9:12 pm
8 million viewers on cable…CABLE
Viewership like that Boi, it’s like its 2009 again.
Huge hit. Stop hatin
November 15, 2022 @ 5:45 am
12.1 million viewers for the Season 5 debut. That’s huge. No “losing steam.”
What did you want us to comment? “I love the show” 50x? It was a huge event with my family.
Personally, I’ve stayed away from the comment section on the website (unless I have some real value to add) and use Instagram and Twitter for frivolous comments. Twitter and Instagram commenters are more positive and aren’t trying to derail the topic into utter nonsense.
November 15, 2022 @ 8:04 am
In the other corner of the Taylor Sheridan universe, we had songs from Marcus King, Luke Combs, and Lainey Wilson on the premiere of Tulsa King as well.
November 17, 2022 @ 11:58 am
Well if I ever want to slit my wrists in the bath tub I’ll listen to Shane Smith & the Saints 🎻🎻🎻
Anyways, this season seems to be off to a good start.
November 20, 2022 @ 2:12 pm
Better keep an eye out for this Chopin fella. Hope his music is not to polished for Yellowstone
Yanni The Greek
December 20, 2022 @ 1:40 pm
American Dream—Drayton Farley (you’re welcome)
December 21, 2022 @ 11:35 am
The show is heating up as the season plays out. The music and the scenery are always off the charts!! Ready for another dose of Blackberry Smoke!
December 21, 2022 @ 11:39 am
I love the continuing development of each character.. I even love/hate Jamie!
This show is the best thing to happen to the entertainment world in along time.. so real and depiction of the way (at its core) the world use to be in the sense that people could be different, disagree on many things (not on ok to be evil) and still find a way to be a family and community.
Thank you to Taylor Sheridan, Kevin Costner and all who make this escape from the whack reality of today and remind us what humans are essentially suppose to strive for.
All that being said I’m not a fan of the cussing and a bit to explicit sexual scenes but I can handle that to get the essence of who what’s going on and much better than seeing a bunch of “gender confused” and “demasculating men antics “ or “empowering women”
Well God bless ya all and may you all stay healthy and have a very Merry Christmas!
December 23, 2022 @ 9:40 am
Let me put some perspective on this……… any night I can sit on my couch and watch Lainey Wilson roll out of a sleeping bag looking gorgeously disheveled after a wild night sex romp in a tent while Flatland Cavalry is playing in the back ground followed by a little live Zach Bryan. That’s considered A+ TV here at the mansion.
January 2, 2023 @ 10:02 am
Season 5 Ep8 Alex Williams “No Reservations” has some deep smooth soul voice and is fire! 🔥🔥🔥🔥 His actual video is amazing as well.