An all-star cast will come together to celebrate the life and music of country music icon and Hall of Famer Don Williams in a new tribute album with the proceeds going to a good cause. Gentle Giants: The Songs of Don Williams will be released on May 26th via Slate Creek Records, and feature contributions by Dierks Bentley, Garth Brooks, Brandy Clark, Jason Isbell & Amanda Shires, Alison Krauss, Lady Antebellum, Keb’ Mo’, Pistol Annies, John Prine, Chris and Morgane Stapleton and Trisha Yearwood.
“It has been my privilege to work frequently with Don through the years, and I’m proud to honor him with this new project,” said producer Garth Fundis, who not only put the project together, but has been Don’s producer and personal friend for many years. “All of the artists on the album have been huge Don Williams fans for years. It makes the entire project very personal and very meaningful.”
The performances on Gentle Giants: The Songs of Don Williams are all being donated in support of MusiCares, which is the charitable arm of the Grammy Awards that provides a safety net of critical assistance for those in the music field in times of need.
Don Williams had 17 #1 hits over his career and was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2010. He officially announced his retirement in March of 2016.
1. “Tulsa Time” – Pistol Annies
2. “I Believe in You” – Brandy Clark
3. “We’ve Got a Good Fire Goin'” – Lady Antebellum
4. “Some Broken Hearts Never Mend” – Dierks Bentley
5. “Amanda” – Chris Stapleton feat. Morgane Stapleton
6. “Till The Rivers All Run Dry” – Alison Krauss
7. “Love Is On A Roll” – John Prine feat. Roger Cook
8. “If I Needed You” – Jason Isbell & Amanda Shires
9. “Maggie’s Dream” – Trisha Yearwood
10. “Lord I Hope This Day is Good” – Keb’ Mo’
11. “Good Ole Boys Like Me” – Garth Brooks