The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist is built to keep you informed on all the best songs and albums coming out right here, right now in country and roots music. It’s available on most all streaming formats (see below), or you can just use the song, artist, and album recommendations to find something new to listen to. New songs just added.
Jordan Foster – “I’m Going Crazy” – We first heard about Jordan Foster when Cody Jinks attended one of his shows in Kentucky, and was so blown away, he had Foster hanging out on his tour bus and opening a show for him. Now Jordan Foster’s got a new EP out called I Need a Train with some great tracks, including this fire-breathing heater with excellent guitar licks that will have you singing along.
Tim Goodin – “Son of Appalachia” – Appalachia continues to churn out killer songwriters, and Tim Goodin is one you’ll want to get on your radar. He’s just released an acoustic EP named after this song, and though it’s just a preliminary first taste, it’s already raising a ruckus in the holler. Some great songwriting here.
Zach Bryan – “Heavy Eyes” – Zach is more a singer/songwriter than a straight up country guy. But with 34 songs on his new album American Heartbreak, you know there would be a few country-sounding selections in there. “Heavy Eyes” features Zach’s earnest and emotional writing, but also some really excellent country picking. Probably one of the best songs on the new album, especially from the country selections, which also include “Whiskey Fever” and “If She Was a Cowboy.”
Zach Bryan – “Half Grown” – If you only have the patience to hear one song from Zach Bryan that exemplifies his propulsive writing style, “Half Grown” might be the best place to start. “Something in the Orange” is the Zach Bryan song that at the moment is one of the most popular songs in all of country music and is sitting at the top of multiple Billboard charts. But “Half Grown” is probably the best-written from his new 34-song album American Heartbreak, and perhaps his best-written song of his career so far.
Jaelee Roberts – “Sad Songs” – You damn well better make some room in your bluegrass diet for Jaelee Roberts. The member of Sister Sadie has just released a solo album called Something You Didn’t Count On, and even though “Sad Songs” is chock full of some excellent bluegrass instrumentation, the sentiment is all country. Good song.
Adam Hood, Miranda Lambert – “Harder Stuff” – Brent Cobb, Charlie Starr of Blackberry Smoke, and Davis Nix all help Adam Hood pen this perfect idea for a country star from a maturing songwriter with a family whose priorities have shifted. Then Miranda Lambert comes in to help take it to the next level. From Hood’s upcoming album Bad Days Better.
49 Winchester – “Russell County Line” – 49 Winchester’s spot on the playlist is freshened with this exquisite ode to missing their home in Russell County, which they’ll be doing lots of with their time on the road, and the way their new album Fortune Favors The Bold is blowing up.
– – – – – – – – – –
The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist primarily lives on Spotify, but is also available for those who use Amazon Music, YouTube, Apple Music, and Tidal. For those who don’t stream music, you can still find the song recommendations in list form below.
CLICK HERE to follow Saving Country Music on Spotify, and/or follow the Spotify Top 25 Playlist.
Please Note: The songs on this playlist are curated for listening pleasure and flow. Otherwise, they are not in any specific order.
Saving Country Music’s Top 25 Current Playlist:
- “Biloxi By Two” – Ellis Bullard – Piss-Hot Freightlining Country Music
- “Russell County Line” – 49 Winchester – Fortune Favors The Bold
- “Sad Songs” – Jaelee Roberts – Something You Didn’t Count On
- “Heavy Eyes” – Zach Bryan – American Heartbreak
- “jackson” – Kaitlin Butts – What Else Can She Do?
- “Son of Appalachia” – Tim Goodin – Son of Appalachia EP
- “I’m Going Crazy” – Jordan Foster – I Need A Train
- “Bourbon Whiskey” – William Beckmann – Faded Memories
- “Down Home” – David Quinn – Country Fresh
- “Crooked Tree” – Molly Tuttle – Crooked Tree
- “Dusty Bottles” – Willie Nelson – A Beautiful Time
- “Lonely in Person” – Charley Crockett – Lil G.L.’s Presents: Jukebox Charley
- “12th of June” – Lyle Lovett – 12th of June (5-13)
- “In Texas With A Band” – Brennen Leigh w/ Asleep at the Wheel – Obsessed with the West
- “Stealing Dark from the Night Sky” – Arlo McKinley – This Mess We’re In (7-15)
- “Scale These Walls” – Caroline Spence – True North
- “Half Grown” – Zach Bryan – American Heartbreak
- “Sweet Little Girl” – Kelsey Walson – No Regular Dog (8-12)
- “Found In A Bar” – Joshua Hedley – Neon Blue
- “Bad Mamma Jamma” – Alma Russ – Fool’s Gold
- “Ballad of a Retired Man” – Ian Noe – River Fools & Mountain Saints
- “Gone” – Michelle Rivers – Chasing Somewhere (7-8)
- “Beyond The Stars” – Tami Neilson, Willie Nelson – Kingmaker (7-15)
- “Planetary Heartache” – Stacy Antonel – Always The Outsider (6-17)
- “Harder Stuff” – Adam Hood, Miranda Lambert – Bad Days Better (TBA)
- “Love Thy Neighbor” – Stefanie Joyce – (single)