The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist is built to keep you informed on all the best songs and albums coming out right here, right now in country and roots music. It’s available on most all streaming formats (see below), or you can just use the song, artist, and album recommendations to find something new to listen to. New songs just added.
Vince Gill, Paul Franklin – “Kissing Your Picture (Is So Cold)” – Vince Gill and steel guitar extraordinaire Paul Franklin are partnering once again, and this time to toast Ray Price and his backing band The Cherokee Cowboys. Favoring more obscure cuts than the hits, this song feel like a lost classic, and crowns the playlist on its debut week. Sweet Memories: The Music of Ray Price is out August 4th.
Lori McKenna – “The Town In Your Heart” – Lori McKenna just exists on an entirely other elemental plane when it comes to writing songs. This one from her upcoming album 1988 (July 21st) has a bit of a country rock kick behind it, and a soaring chorus begging to be sung along with.
Alex Hall (feat. Brandy Clark) – “Women And Horses” – If this song is any indication, you’re going to want to get Alex Hall on your radar as one of the next great voices and songwriters in country music. From north Georgia, he’s signed to Monument Records and will release his debut album on September 15th. This waltz co-written with Brandy Clark is sublime.
Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit – “King of Oklahoma” – Isbell’s new album Weathervanes feels like a big return to form, and the fact that he now has two songs in the Top 25 playlist is further evidence. “King of Oklahoma” is the kind of character study Jason’s early career was known for. The cut time in the chorus with the fiddle in the mix makes this feel like a Southern rock anthem that folks will be singing for years to come.
Roberto Trevizan with Matheus Canteri– “New Start” – Country music from Brazil? Country music from Brazil! Roberto Trevizan may live south of the equator, but as “New Start” with Matheus Canteri proves, he’s got a hell of a nose for country twang and tunes that folks in the States should be aware of.
Ty Smith – “Rocky Mountain Pines” – He may only be 15-years-old, but Ty Smith has a voice, sound, and songwriting acumen well beyond his years. “Rocky Mountain Pines” is a good opportunity to get this young Oklahoma singer and songwriter on your radar. He combines that quintessential Oklahoma approach to country with a bit of the grit of the Kentucky crowd.
Colter Wall – “Corraling The Blues” – As much as Colter Wall has become known recently for his stellar covers of Western songs, this original is further proof that Colter is our generation’s preeminent cowboy & Western singer and songwriter. New Album Little Songs is out July 14th.
– – – – – – – – – –
The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist primarily lives on Spotify, but is also available for those who use Amazon Music, YouTube, Apple Music, and Tidal. For those who don’t stream music, you can still find the song recommendations in list form below.
CLICK HERE to follow Saving Country Music on Spotify, and/or follow the Spotify Top 25 Playlist.
Please Note: The songs on this playlist are curated for listening pleasure and flow. Otherwise, they are not in any specific order.
Saving Country Music’s Top 25 Current Playlist:
- “Kissing Your Picture (Is So Cold)” – Vince Gill, Paul Franklin – Sweet Memories: The Music of Ray Price (8-4)
- “Mean Old Sun” – Turnpike Troubadours – A Cat in the Rain (8-25)
- “King of Oklahoma” – Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit – Weathervanes
- “Women and Horses” – Alex Hall with Brandy Clark – Side Effects of the Heart (9-15)
- “You’re Gonna Get Lonely” – Whitney Rose – Rosie
- “A Friend Of Mine” – Marty Stuart and His Fabulous Superlatives – Altitude
- “Herassmeant” – Hot Country Knights w/ Donna McFarland – (single)
- “Corralling the Blues” – Colter Wall – Little Songs (7-14)
- “Running Out Of Hope, Arkansas” – Brennen Leigh – Ain’t Through Honky Tonkin’ Yet (6-16)
- “Day One” – Ward Davis – Sunday Morning EP
- “The Town In Your Heart” – Lori McKenna – 1988 (7-21)
- “California Sober” – Billy Strings feat. Willie Nelson – (single)
- “Cash Carter Hill” – Tommy Prine – This Far South (6-23)
- “Girl in the Mirror” – Megan Moroney – Lucky
- “A Feeling Called Lonesome” – Miles Miller – Solid Gold (7-7)
- “Drinking Games” – David Adam Byrnes – (single)
- “Wrong Side of Town” – Joe Stamm Band – Fort Smith EP (7-14)
- “State You Left Me In” – Jake Worthington – Self-Titled
- “Rocky Mountain Pines” – Ty Smith – (single)
- “I’ve Got Her On My Mind Again” – Malpass Brothers – Lonely Street
- “Break My Heart” – Bella White – Among Other Things
- “Even Jesus Got The Blues” – Gabe Lee – Drink The River (7-14)
- “El Dorodo” – Molly Tuttle and Golden Highway – City of Gold (7-21)
- “New Start” – Roberto Trevizan with Matheus Canteri – (single)
- “Nobody’s Gonna Cry For Me” – Josie Toney – Extra
- “Cast Iron Skillet” – Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit – Weathervanes