The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist is built to keep you informed on all the best songs and albums coming out right here, right now in country and roots music. It’s available on most all streaming formats (see below), or you can just use the song, artist, and album recommendations to find something new to listen to. New songs just added.
Ashley McBryde – “Learned To Lie” – You knew that Ashley McBryde would have a few of those devastating and well-written songs that she’s known for her her new album The Devil I Know. “Learned To Lie” might be one of her best, and it’s all about recognizing the devils inside ourselves, and how they got there.
Tyler Childers – “Rustin’ In The Rain” – Childers really sets off his new album with the opening title track. The ultra twangy intro and the country swagger helps underscore how his new album is the traditional country entry into his catalog.
Tony Logue – “Thundertown” – Tony Logue is a blue collar/Rust Belt/Heartland/country music hero in the making. Anyone who’s interfaced with his music will attest to this. “Thundertown” off his new album The Crumbs is a great example. As Tony says in the song, he doesn’t “play” music. He goes to battle.
Scott Southworth – “Here Comes The Night” – If you like your traditional country music served up straight with no chaser—yet still with enough character and originality to keep it cool—Scott Southworth is a guy you should have in your catalog. “Here Comes The Night” is off his new album Comin’ Round To Honky Tonk Again.
The Country Side of Harmonica Sam – “This Train” – It remains quite uncanny, but completely true that one of the greatest interpreters of classic country music in the modern context comes directly from Sweden. The Country Side of Harmonica Sam is spellbinding with their sonic accuracy and reverence for original country. New album out September 29th.
Tony Jackson – “Do You Remember Country Music” – For years now, the voice of Tony Jackson has been one of the greatest untapped resources in country music just waiting to be exploited. That’s about to change on Sept. 29th when he releases his new album I’ve Got Songs To Sing. How loyal is Tony Jackson to his country roots? Just listen to “Do You Remember Country Music.”
Zach Bryan feat. The War & Treaty – “Hey Driver” – It’s been the collaborations on Zach Bryan’s new self-titled album that have separated themselves from the field. His song with Kacey Musgraves went #1 in all of music, and this song with The War and Treaty is one of the standouts on the album as well. It’s also made Zach responsible for the greatest chart success for Kacey, The War and Treaty, and Sierra Ferrell as well.
Nick Shoulders – “Blue Endless Highway” – Nick Shoulders is the singing, yodeling, whistling, mulleted and mustachioed country music weirdo freak of our time. There is no competition, comparable, or peer to Nick Shoulders. He’s a subgenre all unto himself.
– – – – – – – – – –
The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist primarily lives on Spotify, but is also available for those who use Amazon Music, YouTube, Apple Music, and Tidal. For those who don’t stream music, you can still find the song recommendations in list form below.
CLICK HERE to follow Saving Country Music on Spotify, and/or follow the Spotify Top 25 Playlist.
Please Note: The songs on this playlist are curated for listening pleasure and flow. Otherwise, they are not in any specific order.
Saving Country Music’s Top 25 Current Playlist:
- “Dollar General Sign” – Joe Stamm Band – Wild Man
- “Rustin’ In The Rain” – Tyler Childers – Rustin’ In The Rain
- “Brought Me” – Turnpike Troubadours – A Cat in the Rain
- “When Country Came Back To Town” – Brent Cobb – Southern Star (9-22)
- “Right Back” – Jenny Tolman – (single)
- “Blue Endless Highway” – Nick Shoulders – All Bad
- “Thundertown” – Tony Logue – The Crumbs
- “Keeping Tyler” – Posey Hill – No Clear Place to Fall
- “She Can’t Be Found” – William Beckmann – Here’s To You. Here’s To Me
- “Wish I Was” – Royce Johns – Thank Ya Kindly
- “Conspiracies, Cults & UFOs – John R. Miller – Heat Comes Down (10-6)
- “Straight Down The Barrel – Erin Viancourt – Won’t Die This Way
- “Everybody Wants To Be A Cowboy” – Ross Cooper – Lightning Heart (9-29)
- “Hey Driver” – Zach Bryan feat. The War and Treaty – Self-Titled
- “This Train” The Country Side of Harmonica Sam – Back To The Blue Side (9-29)
- “Here Comes The Night” – Scott Southworth – Comin’ Round to Honky Tonk Again
- “Learned To Lie” – Ashley McBryde – The Devil I Know
- “Cool To Be Country” – McBride & The Ride – Marlboros & Avon EP
- “Cold Summer In San Antone” – John Morgan – (single)
- “Way Down in Mississippi” – Jason Eady – Mississippi
- “Aquamarine” – Kimmi Bitter – (single)
- “The Wild” – Gabe Lee – Drink The River
- “All Again” – Charles Wesley Godwin – Family Ties (9-22)
- “White Horse” – Chris Stapleton – Higher (11-10)
- “Do You Remember Country Music” – Tony Jackson – I’ve Got Songs To Sing (9-29)
- “Daredevil” – Whey Jennings – Just Before The Dawn (9-22)
- “Holes” – Wyatt Flores – (single)
- “Happy Children” – Lori McKenna – 1988