The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist is built to keep you informed on all the best songs and albums coming out right here, right now in country and roots music. It’s available on most all streaming formats (see below), or you can just use the song, artist, and album recommendations to find something new to listen to. New songs just added.
The Wilder Blue – “True Companion” – Few things hit like a song from The Wilder Blue. Luckily we have a whole mess of them on the way November 21st via their new album Super Natural produced by Brent Cobb. The harmonies here remind you of the best of The Eagles. The Wilder Blue is one of the most underrated bands around.
Vincent Neil Emerson – “Time of the Rambler” – Speaking of anticipated albums with big producers, Shooter Jennings helped Vincent Neil Emerson with his new one The Golden Crystal Kingdom out November 10th, and this song shows off Emerson’s wordsmithing and sound to a T.
Flatland Cavalry – “New American Dream” – From their newly released album Wandering Star, “New American Dream” comes with a cutting and accurate assessment of the trappings of modern life, served with a lively chorus. Social commentary never sounded this enjoyable.
Amanda Fields, Megan McCormick – “Dying Leaves” – Amanda Fields really impressed us earlier this year with her album What, When, and Without. She returns collaborating with Megan McCormick on this perfect song for fall co-written with Sam Torode. Look for a collaborative EP from Amanda Fields and Megan McCormick in 2024.
Willy Tea Taylor – “National Treasure” – Willy Tea Taylor has been one the greatest songwriters of this generation. It’s just eluded most of the public as his music has remained mostly underground. His new album The Great Western Hangover is the perfect opportunity for the rest of the world to catch up with Willy Tea, and it’s due to songs like “National Treasure.”
Cameron Wrinkle – “I Can’t Take Me Anywhere” – Listening to Cameron Wrinkle’s new album In My Heaven will make you feel like future of traditional country music is in safe hands with this young man. This Western swing-inspired song is expertly sung and even better written.
Sean Burns – “Destroy Me” – This Canadian preservationist and bass player for Corb Lund just released an entire album of excellent under-the-radar tracks from Canadian country’s past. “Destroy Me” written by Chef Adams is a perfect example of the kind of country gold Sean Burns unearthed for the album.
– – – – – – – – – –
The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist primarily lives on Spotify, but is also available for those who use Amazon Music, YouTube, Apple Music, and Tidal. For those who don’t stream music, you can still find the song recommendations in list form below.
CLICK HERE to follow Saving Country Music on Spotify, and/or follow the Spotify Top 25 Playlist.
Please Note: The songs on this playlist are curated for listening pleasure and flow. Otherwise, they are not in any specific order.
Saving Country Music’s Top 25 Current Playlist:
- “Outlaws and Mustangs” – Cody Jinks – (single)
- “I Can’t Take Me Anywhere” – Cameron Wrinkle – In My Heaven
- “Fox Hunt” – Sierra Ferrell – (single)
- “Honky Tonk Ain’t Noise Pollution” – Ellis Bullard – Honky Tonk Ain’t Noise Pollution (2-9-’24)
- “Dance Hall Crush” – Mamma Coal – Dance Hall Crush
- “True Companion” – The Wilder Blue – Super Natural (11-21)
- “New American Dream” – Flatland Cavalry – Wandering Star
- “Family Ties” – Charles Wesley Godwin – Family Ties
- “Dollar General Sign” – Joe Stamm Band – Wild Man
- “We’re Gone” – Mike and the Moonpies – Live from the Devil’s Backbone
- “National Treasure” – Willy Tea Taylor – The Great Western Hangover
- “Time of the Rambler” – Vincent Neil Emerson – The Golden Crystal Kingdom (11-10)
- “Destroy Me” – Sean Burns – Lost Country
- “Lowland Trail” – Margo Cilker – Valley Of Heart’s Delight
- “When Country Came Back To Town” – Brent Cobb – Southern Star
- “Rustin’ In The Rain” – Tyler Childers – Rustin’ In The Rain
- “Dying Leaves” – Amanda Fields, Megan McCormick – (single)
- “Still Is Still Moving To Me” – Willie Nelson – Bluegrass
- “Right Back” – Jenny Tolman – (single)
- “You Don’t Even Know Who I Am” – The Steel Woods – On Your Time
- “Tecumseh Valley” – Charley Crockett – Live from the Ryman
- “Diamondhead” – J.R. Carroll – Live From Jean Pump EP
- “Coyote” – Dylan LeBlanc – Coyote
- “This Train” The Country Side of Harmonica Sam – Back To The Blue Side
- “Hey Driver” – Zach Bryan feat. The War and Treaty – Self-Titled
- “Killers of the Flower Moon” – Charley Crockett – (single)