The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist is built to keep you informed on all the best songs and albums coming out right here, right now in country and roots music. It’s available on most all streaming formats (see below), or you can just use the song, artist, and album recommendations to find something new to listen to. New songs have just been added.
EDITOR’S NOTE: Google Play will soon be fazing out and rolled into YouTube Music. The playlist will continue to be supported on Google Play for the moment, but eventually will be going away along with the service, so please make preparations.
Mike and the Moonpies – “Bottom of the Pile” – Mike and the boys have done it again, releasing a new record of lost classics from the great Gary Stewart that’s top notch, and the lead off song from the album leads off the latest update of the playlist.
Jaime Wyatt – “Neon Cross” – The title track off of the California native’s new album, the driving beat and impassioned delivery is what she’s quickly being known for. A great song, and an important record to check out.
Logan Ledger – “River of Fools” – Combining a little wacka-do Roger Miller-style vocal noodling, curious and entertaining phrasing with unexpected turns, and writing that fits the whimsical nature of the composition, “River of Fools” is rendered quite enjoyable. This is a standalone single originally released to Amazon exclusively, and now available everywhere. (read more)
American Aquarium – “The Luckier You Get” – If you need a tune to get your blood pumping and motivation up, this is a good selection for your workout mixtape, or most any application. American Aquarium hits you with some hard emotional haymakers on their latest album Lamentation, but this one will have you singing along and pumping your fist.
Reckless Kelly – “Lonesome on My Own” – There are numerous keepers on the new Reckless Kelly double record American Jackpot / American Girls. But of the country selections, this is one of the best.
Kathryn Legendre – “Waiting in Line” – Kathryn Legendre is Austin’s honky tonk sweetheart who should be America’s. She has just released two new songs, including “Waiting in Line” and another called “One Long Sad Song” that is also worth checking out.
– – – – – – – – – –
The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist primarily lives on Spotify, but is also available for those who use Amazon Music, YouTube, Google Play, Tidal, and on Apple Music thanks to Country Exclusive. For those who don’t stream music, you can still find the song recommendations in list form below.
CLICK HERE to follow Saving Country Music on Spotify, and/or follow the Spotify Top 25 Playlist.
Please Note: The songs on this playlist are curated for listening pleasure and flow. Otherwise, they are not in any specific order.
Also, if you would like to see ALL the songs featured on the playlist past and present, CLICK HERE.
Saving Country Music’s Top 25 Current Playlist:
- “Bottom of the Pile” – Mike and the Moonpies – Touch of You: The Lost Songs of Gary Stewart
- “Neon Cross” – Jaime Wyatt – Neon Cross
- “River of Fools” – Logan Ledger – (single)
- “The Luckier You Get” – American Aquarium – Lamentations
- “Why Do I Still Want You” – Tessy Lou Williams – Self-Titled
- “How ‘Bout That” – Jonathan Parker – Broken Hearts & Broken Bones
- “Forgot About You” – Triston Marez – (single)
- “Same Old Blues” – Joey Allcorn – (single)
- “Renowhere” – Hellbound Glory – Pure Scum (6-5)
- “Barbers and Bartenders” – Caitlin Cannon – The TrashCannon Album
- “Ditches” – T.J. Hernandez – Destination Unknown
- “Country’s Comin’ Back” – Josh Grider – (single)
- “Lonesome on My Own” – Reckless Kelly – American Jackpot / American Girls
- “Sister Elizabeth” – The Tender Things – How You Make A Fool
- “West Texas in My Eye” – The Panhandlers – The Panhandlers
- “Waiting in Line” – Kathryn Legendre – (single)
- “Goodbye, John” – Joe Stamm – (single)
- “Dark Turn of Mind” – Pam Tillis – Looking for a Feeling
- “Good Ol’ Girls” – Jenee Fleenor – (single)
- “Rodeo Clown” – Randy Rogers and Wade Bowen – Hold My Beer Vol. 2
- “The Country Doesn’t Sound the Same” – John Baumann – Country Shade (6-5)
- “Lightning on the Mountain” – Kyle Nix – Lightning on the Mountain (6-26)
- “Honky Tonk Hell” – Gabe Lee – Honky Tonk Hell
- “Old Men” – Corb Lund – Agricultural Tragic (6-26)
- “One Night Standards” – Ashley McBryde – Never Will
- “The World Is Ending” – Brent Cobb – (single)