The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist is built to keep you
informed on all the best songs and albums coming out right here, right
now in country and roots music. It’s available on most all streaming
formats (see below), or you can just use the song, artist, and album
recommendations to find something new to listen to. New songs have just
EDITOR’S NOTE: Google Play will soon be fazing out and rolled into YouTube Music. The playlist will continue to be supported on Google Play for the moment, but eventually will be going away along with the service, so please make preparations.
Colter Wall – “Cowpoke” – This is the Canadian singer and songwriter’s version of the classic cowboy song originally written and sung by Stan Jones. Colter takes an old song and makes it sound as real as ever ahead of his upcoming album Western Swing & Waltzes and Other Punchy Songs out August 28th.
Caylee Hammack w/ Alan Jackson – “Lord, I Hope This Day Is Good” – Alan Jackson fans have been hankering for some new music for a while now since it’s been five years since he released his last album aside from the single “The Older I Get” released in 2017. Jackson surprised us all by releasing a new version of an old song with up-and-coming Capitol Records Nashville signee Caylee Hammack. “Lord, I Hope This Day Is Good” was a #1 for Don Williams in the early 80’s. Written by Dave Hanner, the inspirational song has been inspiring Caylee Hammack through the quarantine, and she decided to cut it with a country legend (read more).
Arna Georgia – “Passing Through” – Country singer and songwriter from Australia, her new album Yes Girl has many country fans Down Under and beyond buzzing, and “Passing Through” is a a perfect place to start.
Randy Travis – “Fool’s Love Affair” – The song comes from SiriusXM DJ and former music publisher Charlie Monk. Before Randy Travis signed his major label deal, he signed up with Monk Family Music as a songwriter. Charlie Monk co-wrote “Fool’s Love Affair” with Keith Stegall. Travis was tapped to sing on the demo of the song, likely in 1983 or 1984, and that’s how the song came into being. New instrumental tracks have been added behind Randy’s original vocals (read more).
Lori McKenna – “The Dream” – The only difficult part of deciding to put a Lori McKenna song in the playlist is choosing which one from her stunning new record The Balladeer. Ultimately, “The Dream” was chosen, because it represent not only McKenna’s superb songwriting, but the elevated production the new record features.
Michaela Anne – “Burn My Bridges” – Recorded during the same sessions as her latest album Desert Dove, Michaela Anne hearkens back to her more country side on this standalone single with plenty of steel guitar, and inspiration from Rodney Crowell’s “Ain’t Living Long Like This.”
Karen Jonas – “Pink Leather Boots” – The Fredericksburg, VA roots-leaning chanteuse is getting ready to release a new album on August 28th called The Southwest Sky and Other Dreams. This trucker’s tale reminiscent of Commander Cody’s version of “Hot Rod Lincoln” with it’s descending guitar line played perfectly by Karen’s right hand man Tim Bray really gets you excited for this project.
Scott Southworth – “Break My Honky Tonk Heart” – Just good ‘ol country music from Scott Southworth that shouldn’t be overlooked. His new album These Old Bones boasts one quality country song after another.
– – – – – – – – – –
The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist primarily lives on Spotify, but is also available for those who use Amazon Music, YouTube, Google Play, Tidal, and on Apple Music thanks to Country Exclusive. For those who don’t stream music, you can still find the song recommendations in list form below.
CLICK HERE to follow Saving Country Music on Spotify, and/or follow the Spotify Top 25 Playlist.
Please Note: The songs on this playlist are curated for listening pleasure and flow. Otherwise, they are not in any specific order.
Saving Country Music’s Top 25 Current Playlist:
- “Black & Blue” – Zephaniah OHora – Listening to the Music (8-28)
- “Cowpoke” – Colter Wall – Western Swing & Waltzes (8-28)
- “Passing Through” – Arna Georgia – Yes Girl
- “Run Horse Run” – Charley Crockett – Welcome To Hard Times
- “The Time For Flowers” – Emily Scott Robinson – (single)
- “Bottom of the Pile” – Mike and the Moonpies – Touch of You: The Lost Songs of Gary Stewart
- “Neon Cross” – Jaime Wyatt – Neon Cross
- “Dave Dudley” – Rattlesnake Milk – Self-Titled
- “Lord, I Hope This Day Is Good” – Caylee Hammack w/ Alan Jackson – (single)
- “Evergreen” – Hill Country – Self-Titled
- “Fool’s Love Affair” – Randy Travis – (single)
- “River of Fools” – Logan Ledger – (single)
- “Space And Time” – S.G. Goodman – Old Time Feeling
- “Stray Dogs” – Tennessee Jet – The Country (9-4)
- “Road Runner” – Vincent Neil Emerson feat. Colter Wall – (single)
- “Honky Tonk Woman” – Victoria Bailey – Jesus, Red Wine & Patsy Cline (TBA)
- “Break My Honky Tonk Heart” – Scott Southworth – These Old Bones
- “Pink Leather Boots” – Karen Jonas – The Southwest Sky and Other Dreams (8-28)
- “Forgot About You” – Triston Marez – (single)
- “The Dream” – Lori McKenna – The Balladeer
- “Walking Shoes” – Arlo McKinley – Die Midwestern (8-14)
- “Waiting in Line” – Kathryn Legendre – (single)
- “On Borrowed Time” – Bryan James – Politics or Religion
- “Burn My Bridges” – Michaela Anne – (single)
- “The Country Doesn’t Sound the Same” – John Baumann – Country Shade