The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist is built to keep you informed on all the best songs and albums coming out right here, right now in country and roots music. It’s available on most all streaming formats (see below), or you can just use the song, artist, and album recommendations to find something new to listen to. New songs have just been added.
EDITOR’S NOTE: Due to Google Play being shut down soon and rolled into YouTube, the playlist is no longer being supported on that format. Also please note the recently-changed home for the playlist on Apple Music.
The Piedmont Boys – “In Came You” – One of the standouts off their new album Almost Home, “In Came You” leads off the latest edition of the playlist. Previously featured on the playlist when the Mikele Buck Band cut it, this song co-written by Piedmont Boys frontman Greg Payne has the perfect combination of originality and familiarity that goes into making a great country song.
Chevel Shepherd – “Just Like The Circus” – No, this is not the the actress who appeared in the movie Taxi Driver who went on to star beside Bruce Willis in the pioneering 80’s dramedy Moonlighting. This is the former contestant of The Voice whose held tight to her country roots. Chevel puts out this excellent classic country tune that’s as good as a introduction to her as any. Co-written by Kacey Musgraves, the song precedes an EP coming from the 18-year-old soon.
Pat Reedy and the Longtime Goners – “Tallest Man in Tennessee” – If you’re looking for the real deal in country music, look no further than Pat Reedy. He’s seen Nashville from a bird’s eye while breaking his back building the town’s tallest skyscrapers, and then climbed down off the ‘I’ beams to spend hours singing originals and standards for fans and passing tourists alike in the bars of Music City. “Tallest Man in Tennessee” is the true tale of Pat Reedy’s life.
Graham Nancarrow – “You’re The Reason I Drink” – Usually a song released many months ago would not be considered for this “current” playlist. But Graham Nancarrow and his band The Goddamn Saints bring the Dwight Yoakam sound so hard and have been streaking under-the-radar so much, it’s worth highlighting them in whatever way possible. They also have a recent EP out called Una Mas.
Ward Davis – “Threads” – So many excellent tracks to choose from off of Ward’s new world-beating record Black Cats and Crows, but let’s go with “Threads” for now, which showcases the excellent songwriting indicative of the record, and his piano-based sound. Make sure you check out this whole record though.
Miranda Lambert – “Champion” – It’s often the tracks Miranda Lambert releases apart from her solo records that are some of her best, and most country. This one comes from the Make It Up As We Go podcast soundtrack, with Miranda singing about taking struggle and the words of naysayers, and using it as fuel.
– – – – – – – – – –
The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist primarily lives on Spotify, but is also available for those who use Amazon Music, YouTube, Apple Music, and Tidal. For those who don’t stream music, you can still find the song recommendations in list form below.
CLICK HERE to follow Saving Country Music on Spotify, and/or follow the Spotify Top 25 Playlist.
Please Note: The songs on this playlist are curated for listening pleasure and flow. Otherwise, they are not in any specific order.
Saving Country Music’s Top 25 Current Playlist:
- “In Came You” – The Piedmont Boys – Almost Home
- “Why’d Ya Do It” – Sierra Ferrell – (single)
- “Ride On” – David Quinn – Letting Go
- “You’re Not Gone” – Shelby Lee Lowe – Something in Me
- “Just Like The Circus” – Chevel Shepherd – (single)
- “I Don’t Mind” – Sturgill Simpson – Cuttin’ Grass Vol. 1
- “Too Bad You’re No Good” – Alecia Nugent – The Old Side of Town
- “You’re The Reason I Drink” – Graham Nancarrow – (single)
- “One Last Two Step” – Royce Johns – One Last Two Step
- “Body in a Boxcar” – Sunny Sweeney – Recorded Live at the Machine Shop
- “Threads” – Ward Davis – Black Cats and Crows
- “100 Proof Honky-Tonk” – The Reeves Brothers – The Last Honky Tonk
- “Tumbleweed” – Roo Arcus – Tumbleweed
- “Beer Bucket List” – David Adam Byrnes – Neon Town
- “Takin’ It As It Comes” – Randall King – (single)
- “Tallest Man in Tennessee” – Pat Reedy and the Longtime Goners – (single)
- “Quietly Into The Night” – Eva Noblezada, Dale Watson – Yellow Rose Soundtrack
- “Wreck Me” – Charley Crockett – Welcome To Hard Times
- “Skid Row” – Victoria Bailey – Jesus, Red Wine & Patsy Cline
- “Lac de Flambeau” – The Bloody Jug Band – Stranded
- “The Loneliness in Me” – Rachel Brooke – The Loneliness in Me
- “Bag of Pills” – Arlo McKinley – Die Midwestern
- “Take Me As I Am” – Aaron Vance – (single)
- “Champion” – Miranda Lambert – Make It Up As We Go Soundtrack
- “Soapbox” – Brent Cobb ft. Nikki Lane – Keep ‘Em On They Toes
- “Disappearing Girl” – Juliette McConkey – Disappearing Girl