Out with 2021 and on to 2022, which means getting you ready for the new albums and songs that are about to break out in country music for the new year. What better way than giving the ‘ol Top 25 Current Playlist a refresh with the best stuff to get 2022 started.
The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist is built to keep you informed on all the best songs and albums coming out right here, right now in country and roots music. It’s available on most all streaming formats (see below), or you can just use the song, artist, and album recommendations to find something new to listen to.
Sarah Shook and the Disarmers – “No Mistakes” – Ha! All you folks who lamented when Sarah Shook released the first song from her new album called “Talkin’ To Myself” and thought she had gone completely indie rock will be caught off guard by the twangy, steel guitar-laden “No Mistakes.” Shook and The Disarmers have been playing this one live for a few years now, and it gets you salivating for her new album Nightroamer to be released February 18th.
Tony Logue – “Calloway County” – Following in the footsteps of fellow Kentuckians Sturgill Simpson and Tyler Childers, Tony Logue released a “Live on Red Barn Radio” session in 2019, and brought engineer Sean Sullivan on board for his new album Jericho out January 7th. “Calloway County” gives you a first good taste of what’s in store.
Tyller Gummersall – “Broken Shovel” – What a great little premise for a song Tyller Gummersall comes up with here, and apparently based on true events. The steel guitar on this song is heavenly, and so is pretty much everything else.
Dalton Domino w/ Stephanie Lambring – “Wannabe” – Dalton Domino can sure slay you with a song when he wants to. “I wrote this song about the first big argument you have with the person you know you want to spend the rest of your life with,” Dalton says. It’s the first taste of a new album he has on the way called Arizona from Lightning Rod Records. No release date just yet.
Noah Guthrie – “Wishing I Was Wrong” – Previously having opened for folks such as Willie Nelson and Dwight Yoakam, Noah Guthrie wrote or co-wrote all the songs from the new album Blue Wall, and it could be one of the big releases in country and roots for early 2022. “Wishing I Was Wrong” shows off the South Carolina native’s soulful voice, complimented with some steel guitar.
Billy Strings – “The Fire On My Tongue” – Billy’s place on the Top 25 Playlist is freshened by this excellent track that shows off his ability to revitalize bluegrass roots in fresh-feeling compositions, bolstered as always by excellent instrumentation.
– – – – – – – – – –
The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist primarily lives on Spotify, but is also available for those who use Amazon Music, YouTube, Apple Music, and Tidal. For those who don’t stream music, you can still find the song recommendations in list form below.
CLICK HERE to follow Saving Country Music on Spotify, and/or follow the Spotify Top 25 Playlist.
Please Note: The songs on this playlist are curated for listening pleasure and flow. Otherwise, they are not in any specific order.
Saving Country Music’s Top 25 Current Playlist:
- “Hour on the Hour” – Mike and the Moonpies – One To Grow On
- “Broken Shovel” – Tyller Gummersall – (single)
- “She’ll Change” – Molly Tuttle – (single)
- “Calloway County” – Tony Logue – Jericho (1-7)
- “No Mistakes” – Sarah Shook and the Disarmers – Nightroamer (2-18)
- “We Shall Rise” – Brent Cobb – And Now, Let’s Turn to Page… (1-28)
- “The Fire On My Tongue” – Billy Strings – Renewal
- “I Don’t Need You” – Mose Wilson – (Self-Titled)
- “I Know Some Cowboys” – Jenny Tolman – (single)
- “Strong” – Charles Wesley Godwin – How The Mighty Fall
- “Flood Plain” – Margo Cilker – Pohorylle
- “Nobody’s Business but Mine” – Kiely Connell – Calumet Queen
- “I Don’t Trust My Memories Anymore” – Cody Jinks – Mercy
- “Marfa Lights” – Kaitlin Butts – (single)
- “Wannabe” – Dalton Domino w/ Stephanie Lambring – (single)
- “Hurtin’ For a Letdown” – The Whitmore Sisters – Ghost Stories (1-28)
- “You In A Honky Tonk” – Randall King – (single)
- “Best to Bonnie” – Zephaniah OHora – Highway Butterfly
- “Pictures from Life’s Other Side – Nick Sizemore – Where The Lonesome Roam
- “Never Wanted To Be That Girl” – Carly Pearce w/ Ashley McBryde – 29: Written in Stone
- “Wishing I Was Wrong” – Noah Guthrie – Blue Wall (1-14)
- “Broken Horses” – Brandi Carlile – In These Silent Days
- “Holding My Place” – T. Buckley – Frame By Frame
- “Local Bar Opry Star” – Zachariah Malachi – (single)
- “Let ‘Em Burn” – Emily Scott Robinson – American Siren
- “Racing The Dark” – Alan Jackson – (single)