- Wade Bowen Performs "When I Woke Up Today" on The Texas Music Scene
- Variety Magazine Talks to Merle Haggard
- Hear New Andrew Combs' Song "Foolin'"
- Ian McLagan of Faces and Small Faces Dies
- Stream Sundy Best's New Record
- Willie Nelson Releases New Album "December Day"
- Aaron Watson to Release New Album "The Underdog" February 17th
- Almost Out of Gas Features the Taylor Cafe in Taylor, TX
- Sundy Best Release New Album "Salvation City"
- Despite Detractors, Bro-Country May Be a Bellwether of Nashville's Future
- Funny: Where Did Jerrod Niemann Go?
- Courtney Patton Sings "Take Your Shoes Off Moses"
- Bobby Keys, Hard-Living Saxophonist for Rolling Stones, Dies at 70
- New Photos of Johnny Cash at San Quentin Prison
- Music Industry Sues Chrysler, Mitsubishi Over In Car Recording Devices
- The Huffington Post Lists Off Best 2014 Country Albums
- Dom Flemons, 'Too Long (I've Been Gone)' Video
- Lyric Of The Week, Mickey Newbury, "An American Trilogy"
- Joni Mitchell Squashed Biopic Starring Taylor Swift
- Black Friday: Country Bibliophile Edition
- Blurt Gives Jason Isbell's ACL DVD 5 of 5 Stars
Scotty McCreery was last seen lip syncing at a parade Saturday morning in Nashville, when right after his performance, witnesses say he was lured into an unmarked white cargo van by a woman matching the description of Mindy McCready, offering Scotty Oreo cookies.
“It was Mindy alright,” says eyewitness Blake Frankenfurter. “Crazy gleam to her eyes, striking blonde hair, and a baby bump that looks like she could BM out a pair of twins at any moment.”
Last week after McCready made headlines for kidnapping her 5-year-old son, she revealed she was 5 months pregnant with twins.
Nashville Metro Police say they are looking for Scotty, and are giving the description as “a young white male with a striking resemblance to Mad Magazine’s mascot Alfred E. Newman, who might still be holding a dummy, non-functioning microphone.”
Shorty after the abduction, Mindy McCready released a statement through her publicist.
Scotty McCreery is just so adorable and cherubic, and his last name is so similar to mine, I thought he would help ease my empty nest syndrome since CPS took my real baby boy away from me. Don’t you worry about Scotty! He is fine! I will be the best mommy he’s ever had, and I will love him and pet him like he’s my very own!
Police have yet to issue an Amber alert for Scotty, but his family and manager have warned if Scotty is away from his lip sync equipment for too long, he might go in to shock. Police say Mindy could have taken Scotty to a Chuck E’ Cheese, Scotty’s favorite restaurant. Experts say Scotty may not even know he’s been kidnapped.
“Since his American Idol win, his life has been so micro-managed and his free will so compromised, he may not know better than to follow all of Mindy’s orders,” explains child psychologist Ashton Olson. “Scotty may even sympathize with his captor, which is common, but may even be more common if Scotty can identify with Mindy as a product of the stilted entertainment business.”
Mindy McCready’s unborn fetus twins were unavailable for comment.
17 Comments to “Mindy McCready Kidnaps Scotty McCreery”
Leave a comment
Support SCM and start
your Amazon shopping here
- Brian on 2014 Saving Country Music Song of the Year Nominees
- Brian on Review – Whitey Morgan’s “Born, Raised & LIVE…”
- Jim L. on 2014 Saving Country Music Song of the Year Nominees
- Sam Jimenez on 2014 Saving Country Music Song of the Year Nominees
- hoptowntiger94 on 2014 Saving Country Music Song of the Year Nominees