- Stream Deer Lodge: A Tribute To George Jones
- Engine 145 INterviews Ray Benson
- American Songwriter Reviews Drive By Truckers' "English Oceans"
- Emmylou Harris, Vince Gill, more throw 'All For The Hall' guitar pull
- Drive By Truckers Release New Album "English Oceans"
- Pam Tillis Brings Craig Morgan and Lorrie Morgan Along for 'Hee Haw' Tribute
- Chuck Mead Releases New Album "Free State Serenade"
- Nikki Lane Goes 'All or Nothin' on New Album
- David Nail Releases New Album "I'm A Fire"
- Ain't Lloking Good for American Idol
- Lydia Loveless to Tour with Old 97's
- L.A. photo exhibit focuses on country music's heroes
- Doobie Brothers Making a Country Album
- Warner Music Begins Auctioning Off Assets to Indies Following Parlophone Acquisition
- The Palomino Club: North Hollywood's Grand Ole Opry West
- Larry and His Flask, Scott Biram, and Whiskey Shivers on Tour
- Grantland Features the Drive By Truckers
- Hank Locklin to Be Inducted Into Alabama Music Hall of Fame
- Bob Wayne's "Back to the Camper" out 4.16
- Interview with Rachael Price of Lake Street Dive
- Funny: Eric Church are Willie and Waylon?
(Ryan Bingham’s new album Junky Star is on sale for a limited time through Amazon for $3.99. CLICK HERE.)
Hey Ryan, it’s me, Country Music. I’ve been hearing some interesting things lately, about how you’re eager to dispel that your music is country. This puts me in a weird position, because I’m used to people using my name to call things “country” that are not. But I heard your first two albums, and though I wouldn’t say they are solidly country projects, without question there some country there, more country than most that fly my flag. And how about that Oscar, for a country song in a movie about a country star? Do you really think its that perplexing that some people think your music is country? It can’t be nearly as perplexing as some of your moves lately, including this one.
I mean what’s going on here Ryan, I thought we were buds? What, are you ashamed of me? Is it a sore subject with all of your new friends out in LA? If this is about you being ashamed that country has been overrun by pop then say so, but you didn’t seem so quick to distance from country when you were living in Texas and using traditional country infrastructure to make a name for yourself.
I mean, didn’t Lone Star Music help fund your first two self-releases? Didn’t your appearance on the BBC’s Bob Harris Country help you get your name out there? How about you playing on the COUNTRY Throwdown tour this summer, with Hank Jr., Jamey Johnson, Eric Church, etc.? Didn’t you spend years on the bull riding circuit? It doesn’t get more country than that!
If you want to burn bridges, well hell man, don’t let me stand in your way, in fact I’ll light the torch myself! But I don’t want to see a Waylon Jennings album or a pearl snap shirt near your new hatless, Hollywood Heights scene, and don’t come crying back to me if Marc Ford and the rest of your LA good time buddies leave you high and dry. No country concept albums, no “reconnecting with your roots” projects in the future. You don’t want to be known as country, then fine. ITS OVER!!!
Have fun stroking your Oscar.
Support SCM and start
your Amazon shopping here
- Josh on 2nd Verse, Sweet As The 1st For “Country Music Magazine”
- Trigger on 2nd Verse, Sweet As The 1st For “Country Music Magazine”
- Tim on Darius Rucker Compares Luke Bryan & Eric Church to Willie & Waylon
- Sonas on Darius Rucker Compares Luke Bryan & Eric Church to Willie & Waylon
- Ags on 2nd Verse, Sweet As The 1st For “Country Music Magazine”